• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Should THE PARACAST be renamed ?

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
David and Gene both project being very Progressive and for you to not recognize that is a poor observation on your part IMO. I don't say that as some "insult" either but a simple observation which I am sure both of them would likely agree on. It's not calling them "libtards" or anything some dumb Neo-Con would do either, just an honest observation of their poltical leanings.

That said, while I don't agree with them on that leaning being a Libertarian, it doesn't mean I take issue with their politics. I actually respect some of the left and share their hate of the FOX NEWS Neo-Con right. :)

I believe I clarified my statement in the second sentence and paragraph. My main focus was regarding their stance in the paranormal realm, in particular the UFO field. If you had been paying attention to their shows regarding conspiracy theories you should have known that they are rather skeptical. They just don't buy into exopolitics or any superficial stuff that gets thrown out there. To be open to the idea that there could be no great conspiracy because the power that be don't know any more than you or I makes them centrist IMO.

My post was not meant as a dig against your views on conspiracy stuff so don't take it as such.

Indeed they are progressive but far more independent than that simple label.

I believe I clarified my statement in the second sentence and paragraph. My main focus was regarding their stance in the paranormal realm, in particular the UFO field. If you had been paying attention to their shows regarding conspiracy theories you should have known that they are rather skeptical. They just don't buy into exopolitics or any superficial stuff that gets thrown out there. To be open to the idea that there could be no great conspiracy because the power that be don't know any more than you or I makes them centrist IMO.

My post was not meant as a dig against your views on conspiracy stuff so don't take it as such.

Indeed they are progressive but far more independent than that simple label.

I understand what you intended but think those points are not unconnected when talking about poltical leaning and the UFO field. I don't even really consider politcal leanings in the UFO field in the traditional left/right way. I have been a listener to the show since the very beginning and don't intend to stop being a listener due to politics. That is silly.

I take no "dig" in terms of my "conspiracy stuff" as it was not a consideration in my reply, just an observation and not agreeing with you separating the poltical issues IMO.

To an extent when we make our poltical views open they will fit in some kind of area. Neither of these gentlemen are "independant" IMO and are far more Progressive. David is an avid Chomsky reader and Gene is a reader of Mediamatters. It does not get more Progressive then that. It's an observation of poltical leaning and not some kind of insult that often people assign to suggesting someone has a particular poltical leaning. I don't get insulted if someone says I'm a Libertarian/Constitutionalist as that best describes my political ideology. This is the same in this case IMO.

I understand what you intended but think those points are not unconnected when talking about poltical leaning and the UFO field. I don't even really consider politcal leanings in the UFO field in the traditional left/right way. I have been a listener to the show since the very beginning and don't intend to stop being a listener due to politics. That is silly.

I take no "dig" in terms of my "conspiracy stuff" as it was not a consideration in my reply, just an observation and not agreeing with you separating the poltical issues IMO.

To an extent when we make our poltical views open they will fit in some kind of area. Neither of these gentlemen are "independant" IMO and are far more Progressive. David is an avid Chomsky reader and Gene is a reader of Mediamatters. It does not get more Progressive then that. It's an observation of poltical leaning and not some kind of insult that often people assign to suggesting someone has a particular poltical leaning. I don't get insulted if someone says I'm a Libertarian/Constitutionalist as that best describes my political ideology. This is the same in this case IMO.

There is no need to critique my personal opinions on why I like the Paracast is there? We both like the show so leave it at that.

Politics... can't you see they are tearing us apart?!??! :frown::p

Sadly, politics HAVE to be brought into the equation when discussing this topic and I guarandamntee (a little Rock promo for you) that if you discuss politics long enough with someone, you'll feel a bit frustrated at some point. My advice? Get over it... the only person who agrees with you (in the general sense) 100% is you. I wouldn't allow yourself to get so uptight and bothered when someone says stuff you don't agree with in a manner you find that you dislike as it will surely happen often. It doesn't usually make the entire conversation/discussion useless for the most part.

oh my gawd... but I don't always agree with myself, is that a problem??? should I see a shrink???:cool:

Ha! I could go into a philosophical rant about how the moment you question yourself, you have changed your mind and therefor, you still agree with yourself... it would take a lot of time and potentially a touch of B.S. though so I'll spare us all. :p

So the OP comes on here, takes a huge dump on the show and me personally, then takes off. Nice. Consider this turkey done, thread closed.

dB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back