• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Should THE PARACAST be renamed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time The Paracast should be renamed, is if Gene and David resign and allow Mouse to take over. Then, it would have to be renamed The Pratcast.

Something tells me Mouse probably won't be posting again. Big surprise from someone who listens to sNoory. :rolleyes:

mouse1701: Sounds like an escapee from a friggin science experiment. You can almost hear the voice of the evil scientist:

"Ve haf just injected mouse 1701 with the Snoory virus and it appears to be vandering around its cage in some kind of shtupor!! Undt it also appears to growing a black hairlike substance around is oral cavity like a kind of rodent mouse-stache!! Also ven exposed to ze podcast 'The Paracast' it becomes highly agitated and panic driven especially when presenter Biedny goes on a 10 minute rant using a high pitched sound he has named ze 'Trickster". Ve sternly recommend zat this rodent be euthanised immediately for its own safety and comfort."

I have tolerated many podcasts where David Biedny insisted on making an overly long monologue..the guest was hardly able to get a word in edgewise..it is not just one podcast, it is creeping into almost all of them..with the guest lucky to get a word in sideways...

Mouse, why beat around the bush?

Tell us what interview was it, specifically, that 'was the last straw' for you? What guest? I would like to know. Please sir.

I've stopped listening to 99 percent of all other podcasts and only really look forward to Gene and Dave because they are not afraid to fucking get up there and challenge a guest and actually speak their minds and don't kiss ass.
Long may they continue.

Dave, whatever shit you are going through right now , just know that we support you ( not that we can do fuck all about it of course ) but hope you can wade through it , rise triumphant and carry on doing what you do best with Gene, and make a fucking excellent and entertaining radio show for us all to enjoy. Don't even think about quitting....please ! :D

I listen to The Paracast since December 2006 and I have to say that I've listened all episodes, every single minute. Now as for, me David does not comment or express his opinion more than I would on his place. Over and over again Gene and David remind that they do have opinion and, as they are the show hosts, they remain for themselves the right to express their opinion. The show discuss pretty damn complex subjects - it is impossible to be short in your thoughts expression. If you do not like the show do not listen to. As simple as that.

The most newsworthy thing in this thread, in my opinion, is the goofy coincidence that someone named Nick wrote in to say how much he enjoyed listening to the recent interview with Nick. Heh, made me chuckle. :p

Ooh you cynical bastard ;)

Nick Redfern is in Texas I believe , I sent Dave and Gene that feedback , my name is also Nick, but I live in Canada and I have hair.
The only other thing that me and the most excellent Mr Redfern have in common is that we are both British.

Ooh you cynical bastard ;)

Nick Redfern is in Texas I believe , I sent Dave and Gene that feedback , my name is also Nick, but I live in Canada and I have hair.
The only other thing that me and the most excellent Mr Redfern have in common is that we are both British.

Whoa! And the coincidences continue... I am from Canada! :eek: :p

I've also been listening to the show since the beginning and honestly, I find the times that David doesn't say anything to be as important and/or telling as the times he does speak up.

Shittin' on the paracast? That's a paddlin
jasper.jpg

If ya don't like it , don't listen to it !!!!!!!!!

I love both hosts. Their different styles compliment each other perfectly. One without the other would be banal.
Banal, not Binnall, who I'm very fond of.

.the guest was hardly able to get a word in edgewise..

I have timed the shows over the past two months..each time..David has taken over the conversation..expounding his opinions over and over..and only a fraction of the time was taken by the guest to express his opinions,

You are completely wrong here. The guest comes on and gets to speak and David & Gene have a conversation with him. David might jump in when the guest starts speaking of something questionable or something that deserves to be discussed in more detail. That's why I listen to the Paracast. If they just let people ramble on to sell books or promote themselves without question, I probably would just listen to Coast to Coast. In fact I do listen to some C2C shows with interesting guests and it gets boring because there is no intelligent discussion most, if not all, of the time. Which turns out to be a disservice to the guest who might not really want to dumb down himself for George Snoory. Then I say to myself, I wish this guest would get on the Paracast!

Plus, this is a service David & Gene are doing and really don't have to please anyone but themselves. I think they earned a nice following of their show because they are just honest people doing something they are interested in. There will be some great shows and some underwhelming shows and like everyone else said - you don't have to listen at all. I sure have passed up some shows or just stopped listening to others because I personally wasn't interested. I'm still defintely a fan of the show.

..and david could start a new podcast..a solo project where he can hear the sound of his own voice ad nauseum (if anyone cares to listen).

He does. Its call Angry Human, and you would probably really hate it too.

The high pitched "trickster" voice he uses sounds like a man who has a severe mental disability..although meaning to be humorous, it falls flat like a lead balloon.

I beg to differ. I think he was spot on, the trickster is everywhere and responsible for everything! Yahh! I'm a big fan of David's impersonations and it adds some humor to the episodes when he does them. Sometimes things don't always have to be so serious, he's allowed to poke fun if he wants to. I've always wanted to gather them up some time and make a David's greatest hits or something. Gene & David make a good team and have a great sense of humor which makes the show more enjoyable.

I don't want these guys to quit. I want them to get bigger, get more guests per week and expand their show beyond what it is now.

It appears that some people seem to feel, including this yokel who started this, that an 'interview' consists solely of a podium where the guest is allowed to talk for two hours straight. This reminds me of everyone's own Uncle Charlie who, when he comes to visit, dominates the conversation in a loud and over-bearing manner to the point that everyone sighs with relief when he leaves. Uncle Charlie is right about everything no matter what the subject matter, and when he gets a little tipsy, it gets even worse. People put up with it because, well, he's family, and Aunt Dora is really nice and we don't want to upset her. Besides, we all make fun of him behind his back and because Uncle Charlie is talking so much, he doesn't hear what Aunt Dora thinks of him.

The thing is, who says the listeners of this free show get to make up the rules? I personally prefer a give and take conversation, and when the guest is really good, such as Nick Redfern, it flows along nicely and the guest DOES get to speak the vast majority of the time. In act, with someone like Redfern or Hopkins, time flies and I hate to see the show end. I also believe Gene and David HAVE changed the show in response to user feedback, and there's nothing wrong with that either.

It's probably a good thing to have these conversations once in awhile just to affirm that we like the way Gene & David handle things. There's always going to be some asshat with a pine cone up his wazoo who thinks the show is all about his personal listening pleasure. I don't think we owe people like this the time of day.

3 words if you don't like it , it really couldn't be simpler - " don't fucking listen !!!!!! "

I personally can't get enough of the show, and has been mentioned earlier , more often than not ,don't want the episode to end.

I have tolerated many podcasts where David Biedny insisted on making an overly long monologue..the guest was hardly able to get a word in edgewise..it is not just one podcast, it is creeping into almost all of them..with the guest lucky to get a word in sideways. It started slowly from the first podcast, and has now become a long, boring, drawn out and painful monopolization of the guest's time. It is very frustrating to hear someone try to expound on an idea..when he is hijacked and David's rant starts for several minutes. The guest is derailed..the topic has become disjointed, and the enjoyment factor has dissipated.

We all know David's opinion on things and nothing he states is new, I realize the podcast is a platform for people to speak their minds, but must he hog the bandwidth every single week? I thought the guest was supposed to be in the spotlight with the hosts facilitatiing the process.

I have timed the shows over the past two months..each time..David has taken over the conversation..expounding his opinions over and over..and only a fraction of the time was taken by the guest to express his opinions, views and experiences..perhaps we could return to the format that makes this podcast enjoyable..and david could start a new podcast..a solo project where he can hear the sound of his own voice ad nauseum (if anyone cares to listen). The high pitched "trickster" voice he uses sounds like a man who has a severe mental disability..although meaning to be humorous, it falls flat like a lead balloon.

I hate to sound mean, but it seems David is repeating himself over and over like a broken record, or TV re-run. Let us enjoy the guests for a change. Gene on the other hand, seems to be the host with the manners, allowing a guest to have his say, regardless of what that might be. He does not monopolize the podcast and if hosting solo would allow the listeners to truly hear the full extent of the ideas the guest has to offer.

Grow up David, I don't mind give and take, and I don't mind you challenging a questionable guest. What I do mind is the David Biedny Show when I thought I was listening to THE PARACAST.

I am not a great fan of George Noory on Coast to Coast, but when I have tuned in, I find he at least allows his guest the priviledge of speaking without interruption. George rarely goes into a rant/monologue when the guest has the airtime. David might be critical of George, but George at least has manners.
No, No, No. Time to get your ears checked. David is always concise, focused and relevant. He is an excellent listener. I don't agree with you at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back