• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

September 3, 2017 — Dr. Jacques Vallee

What can I say? Some people like and appreciate all the hard work I've put in over the past 25+ years, some people could fucking care less. Some people have a problem w/ my sense of humor, my outspoken opinions and lazar-pointed honesty, where as some people laugh, applaud and appreciate it and share it w/ others. Frankly, I don't care. I'll continue to say what I feel needs to be said and I'll continue to share my knowledge and insights to anyone who bothers to pay attention. As for the naysayers: if you think you can do better, go ahead, show us your stuff. If not, share your opinions and then shut the fuck up until you have something worthwhile and important to say.

Well said Chris. Do I agree with you always? No. Should I? No. You are in the field and adding insight to the mystery. Whether people agree with your methods/personality is moot. You keep it real, good and bad. Always remember that 99% of us are merely armchair researchers due to a number of reasons and don't really have the right to criticize those who are actually putting themselves out there. Would I love to be able to spend my life researching this mystery? Sure, but I have family/financial responsibilities that keep from doing it. Props to you for actually taking valuable time, money, etc. out of your life to actually advance this field.

Thanks for your comments and for your understanding concerning how incredibly difficult this type of work is to pursue. People think its easy and even glamorous chasing down reports, people and evidence found around claims of weirdness and the unexplained. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's incredibly hard, unrewarding work and if before starting out on my investigative journey I had known then what I know now, I seriously doubt I would have began this 25+ year odyssey tilting at the windmills of the unexplained. This is a thankless task and all you end up doing is setting yourself up for the naysayers to insult you, throw tomatoes and other metaphorical objects while they laugh and call your sanity into question. They question your motivations, your methods, your acuity, your integrity and find fault in all that you do and how you do it. Unfortunately, it all comes with the territory. I smile when I think of how much time debunkers have wasted attempting to find something, anything that they can to bring me and my work tumbling down. I'm proud to say that I have always told the truth and never strayed from what I have established as the unvarnished facts. I've been able to attain and maintain a level of credibility that I am very proud of. Nothing can take that away from me! Call me what you may, disagree with what I've found or question my analysis but you cannot call into question my integrity and the level of my commitment attempting to find out The Truth, whatever that may turn out to be!

Great catch getting Jacques Vallee on the show. My only complaint was that so few listener questions were posed.

Now that the Paracast YouTube channel is up maybe Gene could ask the YouTube audience for questions as well? It's nice to see weekly videos uploaded but maybe some interaction with the subscribers would help? Just my .02

It is a shame that such a great show has devolved into this type of forum interaction. It is embarrassing, and shows partly why our field in inquiry is not taken seriously. I am sure Vallee has better things to do than take a look at this thread, and hopefully this is the case. I am sure he didn't get to this point in his illustrious career by getting involved in such interactions.
I don't get it either. Vallee continues to provide new ways of understanding the phenomenon, reframes old cases, and highlights both ETH and anti-ETH cases. You'd think this would be the focus if discussion instead of back biting. But that is Ufology's great plague which is why there really is nothing substantial that we can call Ufology with very few real ufologists I'm the field, just a lot of ego and ideology.

Now that the Paracast YouTube channel is up maybe Gene could ask the YouTube audience for questions as well? It's nice to see weekly videos uploaded but maybe some interaction with the subscribers would help? Just my .02
It's so far less interactive than a forum, so I don't see the medium to provide questions. I'm still working my way through their ungainly interface and settings

Back