• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Say it Ain't So! Sandy Coincidences Mounting...

R'Lady, I am thoroughly blown away by your posting! That took some effort. I bow to your investigative and wordsmithing abilities. It's only a conspiracy theory if you don't know all the relevant data.

Derren Brown will be the first person to tell you that what he does is a "trick." He's a hardcore skeptic and is pretty much the James Randi of this generation.

Derren Brown will be the first person to tell you that what he does is a "trick." He's a hardcore skeptic and is pretty much the James Randi of this generation.

So do you think that video is fake ?. He certainly presented it as a valid experiment, ie you could use hypnosis to program someone to kill and not remember.

I too got the strong impression he's a hardcore skeptic watching his other shows , and have a hard time accepting this one was a con, if it turned out the shooter was an actor or stooge. It would blow his credibility as being a con buster as he presented himself in the episodes where he debunked psychics

So do you think that video is fake ?. He certainly presented it as a valid experiment, ie you could use hypnosis to program someone to kill and not remember.

I too got the strong impression he's a hardcore skeptic watching his other shows , and have a hard time accepting this one was a con, if it turned out the shooter was an actor or stooge. It would blow his credibility as being a con buster as he presented himself in the episodes where he debunked psychics

I don't think the guy would necessarily have to be in on it, maybe the trick relies on the immersion provided by the set and the willingness of the subject to be hypnotized? That's one thing I've heard from hypnotists before, if the subject isn't willing to be put under then it's not going to happen, which is one of the reasons I think it didn't quite work out for the CIA.

I think what he does in terms of hypnosis is real, with some added trickery.

I don't think the guy would necessarily have to be in on it, maybe the trick relies on the immersion provided by the set and the willingness of the subject to be hypnotized? That's one thing I've heard from hypnotists before, if the subject isn't willing to be put under then it's not going to happen, which is one of the reasons I think it didn't quite work out for the CIA.

And thats dealt with earlier in the show with the acid test, the final candidate was chosen as being most likely to go under and respond.

But the end result then is he was programed to kill stephen fry, and did so when the preset trigger factors were presented, ie polka dot dress and certain ringtone.
Not recalling he did it, until Brown took the block down after the fact.

Still smells like a Danish fish-market IMO!

But have you ever actually smelled a Danish fish market? I only ask because the Danish are actually quite famous for their excellent quality fresh fish. I know this because my grandparents were Danish, and marinated herring on rye bread was one of those cultural foods I grew up with, just like the Polish eat perogies. Now I've never actually been to a Danish fish market, so I can't say it smells as good as marinated herring, but I think maybe the Danish might not be the smelliest fish markets around. Like maybe Mexican fish markets actually smell worse ...

Where did that danish fish 'statement' come from? On Behalf of all german fishing boats fishing the same waters...wtf. ;)
It's not a "Danish fish statement" per say but rather an allusion to Hamlet, specifically when Marcellus says, "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." (Rotten things make a stink... rotten cheese and/or fish make a stink.... i.e. something bad is happening and it metaphorically stinks.)

Hope that helps and yes, I do love Hamlet (as well as that other violent Shakespearean play that's bad luck to mention).

I love the Danish

img_2188.jpg

But i can never eat a whole one

It was only a matter of time. Snopes.com debunked many of the myths surrounding these shootings, showing the apparent fact that neither of the two fathers are, in any way, connected to the Libor scandal.

snopes.com: Shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut (story near the bottom of the page).

So once again we see how conspiracy theorists either misinterpret or make up evidence to fit their case, let's hope this puts it to bed for good.

There is apparently no end of jackasses who get their jollies by making up connections that don't exist. I don't know which is worse; those who make up potentially harmful lies for the fun of it, or the ones who do it to embellish their version of the "truth."

I would think that by now people would be slow to spread this crap without checking, but it just keeps getting parroted around the net. Everyone has a crazy aunt or someone who sends endless BS emails, it seems. Mine was not the least bit affected by my constant stream of replies with links to Snopes, so I had to block her address. Don't miss her a bit. :)

Snopes is an excellent source to debunk a lot of the garbage that gets posted online, with the article that started this thread being an excellent example. Once again, people jump to conclusions before doing any digging. People, research before you post!

Snopes is an excellent source to debunk a lot of the garbage that gets posted online, with the article that started this thread being an excellent example. Once again, people jump to conclusions before doing any digging. People, research before you post!
Jest tryin to give you people something to kick around. Don't kill the messenger-- "Say it ain't so" in the header should have been your clue. Any chance to dog and belittle me, 'eh Angelo? ;)

Jest tryin to give you people something to kick around. Don't kill the messenger-- "Say it ain't so" in the header should have been your clue. Any chance to dog and belittle me, 'eh Angelo? ;)

Maybe if you weren't so quick to jump on other people and tell them to "do their research!" even when you're completely wrong, then refuse to admit to it or apologize for it? Nah, that couldn't be it, could it?;)

Back