• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Santa Barbara Shooting Hoax

Free episodes:

Nobody here has specifically said it was a hoax and one of the fathers is blaming the NRA and wants gun control.
Bullshit, your strategy here was clear from the outset. You tried to muddy the waters by going for the paranoid/conspiracy angle, in fact, to obscure reality and justice.
And if you don't believe the "hoax" angle yourself, that only makes it worse. At least you might be excused if you suffered from some paranoid/schizophrenic condition, but going for that angle with open eyes is disgusting.

You wanted to piggy-back on human tragedy to advance your gun love. And then you have the gall to blame a mourning father (correction, you did it twice, uncluding the Sandy Hook tragedy) that he wants the guns that killed his child off the streets? Urgghh... What entitles you to judge a parent in that situation?!

What a striking lack of empathy.

Uh..... Yeah.... that would be the guy who created the thread using the word hoax in the title in such a context as to suggest it was one.

And then filled his OP with 10 plus reasons to suggest why it might be something other than what it is.

And when called on it proceeds to piss on our shoes and tell us its raining.........

Thanks Mike I was going to say about the same.
OP the members on this forum are very sharp so pulling the wool over our eyes is a pointless effort.

It is instructive to watch how Wikipedia entries change over time. Wikipedia represents the conventional public beliefs, not necessarily truth.

Save this article now. Compare it to the one that will exist two months from now...

2014 Isla Vista killings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you wish to explore Rodger's psychosis, Molyneux posted his analysis of it. Stef attributes the violent behavior to poor parenting (as he does most things). I disagree and feel that societal corruption plays a larger role than parenting, but only slightly.

For a good example of societal corruption, view Rodger's step-mother (whom he says sexually humiliated him) in this French version of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills...

Last edited:
I find this whole thread distasteful (looking at you BoyintheMachine for starting a thread with a title of "santa barbara shooting hoax" that clearly is inflammatory and insensitive to those impacted).

You can dance around and take this in the direction of gun control, mysogyny, the constitution, or the evils of feminism but it doesn't change the fact that you clearly want to sow the seeds of discontent, disrespect the dead and mourning, and stir the pot here. Much like your other threads and posts.

I also feel that this thread has little, if anything, to do with the Paracast's core mission and I wonder how it is helpful to "separate the signal from the noise."

Last edited:
I also wonder how this could be a hoax. The shooter was identified. Unlike sandy hook there are no false witnesses to muddy the water.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I ignore these events for the first month. It is a huge waste of time to attempt sorting through the flurry of information and disinformation they invariably generate. For discerning the truth, I've found it best to wait until after the Public has moved on to the next distraction, then dig in to see what really happened.

I find this to be one of the smartest things I've ever seen written on this forum. Charlie couldn't be more right in this case, after something like this happens there's so much nonsense and just completely wrong information in the media on a daily basis, that it becomes impossible to sift through until things have cooled down a bit and a true timeline of events, without mistakes, has been established. Anyone who immediately jumps into this and takes mistaken reports as proof of some conspiracy is really doing themselves a disservice.

I also have to agree with a few of the other posters in that I think it's ridiculous and unseemly for these threads to pop up every time one of these tragedies happen, it does a disservice to the people reading this forum as they're normally crammed to the brim with information that even a cursory google search will show to be complete bollocks, as my friends across the pond would say.

In the end, it will be recognized for what it is, a senseless tragedy that's only made worse by overzealous conspiracy assholes out to prove one kind of goofy theory or the other, including one about Hollywood actors being recruited to play act as victims of these tragedies, which is one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever heard in my life. Only die hard conspiracy theorists still believe that Sandy Hook was staged, and this event will likely end up the same, because there was no conspiracy, just a horrible, tragic act of violence, and these kinds of things don't always make perfect sense, and neither do the actions of the grieving victims afterwards, which so much is made of in conspiracy circles.

I just hope the conspiracy theorists have a little more fucking empathy and tact in this case and don't try to destroy public memorials to the victims or tell grieving parents that their child never existed and then accuse them of being part of some big government plot. Sandy Hook 'truther' tells victim's mother her daughter never existed | Mail Online

It's just disgusting and so are the people who engage in it.

Last edited:
Bullshit, your strategy here was clear from the outset. You tried to muddy the waters by going for the paranoid/conspiracy angle, in fact, to obscure reality and justice.
And if you don't believe the "hoax" angle yourself, that only makes it worse. At least you might be excused if you suffered from some paranoid/schizophrenic condition, but going for that angle with open eyes is disgusting.

You wanted to piggy-back on human tragedy to advance your gun love. And then you have the gall to blame a mourning father (correction, you did it twice, uncluding the Sandy Hook tragedy) that he wants the guns that killed his child off the streets? Urgghh... What entitles you to judge a parent in that situation?!

What a striking lack of empathy.

Wow. Just wow. The ignorance is strong in this one.

Please read the opening post. Read it multiple times if needed.

My personal opinion is that anti-gun activists are hijacking whatever tragedy they think will further their cause. That's my personal opinion. I have never stated that no people were hurt or killed.

Uh..... Yeah.... that would be the guy who created the thread using the word hoax in the title in such a context as to suggest it was one.

And then filled his OP with 10 plus reasons to suggest why it might be something other than what it is.

And when called on it proceeds to piss on our shoes and tell us its raining.........

Mike, your reading comprehension skills are extremely poor. I've already explained this several times now. Your beef with me is personal at this point.

I find this to be one of the smartest things I've ever seen written on this forum. Charlie couldn't be more right in this case, after something like this happens there's so much nonsense and just completely wrong information in the media on a daily basis, that it becomes impossible to sift through until things have cooled down a bit and a true timeline of events, without mistakes, has been established. Anyone who immediately jumps into this and takes mistaken reports as proof of some conspiracy is really doing themselves a disservice.

I also have to agree with a few of the other posters in that I think it's ridiculous and unseemly for these threads to pop up every time one of these tragedies happen, it does a disservice to the people reading this forum as they're normally crammed to the brim with information that even a cursory google search will show to be complete bollocks, as my friends across the pond would say.

In the end, it will be recognized for what it is, a senseless tragedy that's only made worse by overzealous conspiracy assholes out to prove one kind of goofy theory or the other, including one about Hollywood actors being recruited to play act as victims of these tragedies, which is one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever heard in my life. Only die hard conspiracy theorists still believe that Sandy Hook was staged, and this event will likely end up the same, because there was no conspiracy, just a horrible, tragic act of violence, and these kinds of things don't always make perfect sense, and neither do the actions of the grieving victims afterwards, which so much is made of in conspiracy circles.

I just hope the conspiracy theorists have a little more fucking empathy and tact in this case and don't try to destroy public memorials to the victims or tell grieving parents that their child never existed and then accuse them of being part of some big government plot. Sandy Hook 'truther' tells victim's mother her daughter never existed | Mail Online

It's just disgusting and so are the people who engage in it.

Reading Comprehension Skills.....check into it.....as in actually read the opening post and thread before you jump to reply. This thread was just a "heads up", that's all. At no time did I state I thought it was a hoax. At no time did I say people didn't die or get hurt.

Reading Comprehension Skills.....check into it.....as in actually read the opening post and thread before you jump to reply. This thread was just a "heads up", that's all. At no time did I state I thought it was a hoax. At no time did I say people didn't die or get hurt.

You might want to check your own reading comprehension skills as at no time did I mention you in this post, my post was made in response to what Charlie said and provides my opinion about the researching of these tragedies in general, days after they occur. Not to mention the fact that I never stated that you thought it was a hoax and I never stated that you said people didn't die or get hurt. Not everything is about you, though if I were to criticize I'd say you picked a pretty stupid thread title if, and I seriously doubt it, you don't think this was some type of hoax. I think you're backpedaling pretty hard on this whole thing as it didn't exactly go the way you planned, that about right?

The balls you have for trying to insult my reading comprehension while you jump to conclusion after to conclusion, even though my post had nothing to do with you and didn't even mention you by name or quote you in any way, shape or form.

It is instructive to watch how Wikipedia entries change over time. Wikipedia represents the conventional public beliefs, not necessarily truth.

Save this article now. Compare it to the one that will exist two months from now...

2014 Isla Vista killings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you wish to explore Rodger's psychosis, Molyneux posted his analysis of it. Stef attributes the violent behavior to poor parenting (as he does most things). I disagree and feel that societal corruption plays a larger role than parenting, but only slightly.

For a good example of societal corruption, view Rodger's step-mother (whom he says sexually humiliated him) in this French version of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills...

Charlie,

I've been formatting a theory in my head for some time now. That theory is that these tragedies are real but that the "powers that be", are quickly sending in "fake victims" and "fake family/friends/witneses" to be included with the real victims and real family/friends of the real victims and then these fake victims/family/witnesses then make sure to hog the media spotlight to push for an anti-gun agenda. What do you think about that?

You might want to check your own reading comprehension skills as at no time did I mention you in this post, my post was made in response to what Charlie said and provides my opinion about the researching of these tragedies in general, days after they occur. Not to mention the fact that I never stated that you thought it was a hoax and I never stated that you said people didn't die or get hurt. Not everything is about you, though if I were to criticize I'd say you picked a pretty stupid thread title if, and I seriously doubt it, you don't think this was a hoax. I think you're backpedaling pretty hard on this whole thing as it didn't exactly go the way you planned, that about right?

The balls you have for trying to insult my reading comprehension while you jump to conclusion after to conclusion, even though my post had nothing to do with you and didn't even mention you by name or quote you in any way, shape or form.

Right. I falsely accused you of claiming this stuff and then you turn around and accuse me of this stuff. Good one. Keep it up

Charlie,

I've been formatting a theory in my head for some time now. That theory is that these tragedies are real but that the "powers that be", are quickly sending in "fake victims" and "fake family/friends/witneses" to be included with the real victims and real family/friends of the real victims and then these fake victims/family/witnesses then make sure to hog the media spotlight to push for an anti-gun agenda. What do you think about that?
Can you prove this claim?

Right. I falsely accused you of claiming this stuff and then you turn around and accuse me of this stuff. Good one. Keep it up

You've got it exactly right, my first post has nothing to do with you, the second was in direct response to you and that's where I made my opinion known that I don't buy that you don't believe this is some type of hoax and low and behold, you do, as evidenced by the quote. So yeah, good one, keep it up, genius.

Charlie,

Makes the whole reading comprehension accusation even that more hilarious. Try to remember that not everything is about you, or at least try to read what was actually written and not what you think was written.

You said you're "formatting a theory," and you're way out of line here. Let's just move away from this since this isn't something I expect to see evidence for, or at least real evidence.

I am done with the topic. There is no hoax no disinformation no doubt that the event happened as reported. The one poster has resorted to personal attacks that add nothing to the debate. I am out

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Back