• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Santa Barbara Shooting Hoax

Free episodes:

And you believe private industry has our best interests in mind? They do not, as the horrible experiences that forced creation of the health are law have borne out. They are solely interested in profit and more profit. Most charitable activities are done for marketing, not because they believe in any of it, not to mention the tax deductions.

Not private industry. Your local community and your local government.

Horse crap. The supreme court has repeatedly debunked that. The "national guard" is the federal government, not the people. I know it is a waste of time to argue rights with you, your indoctrination is complete. The 2nd amendment is an individual right, backed by two centuries of law.
As i said, dont like it, change the constitution. Your reasoning would likewise say the 1st amendment applies to state approved news papers. You dont like the 2nd, but your argument is nonsense.

I don't understand the point of the topic the guy went out he shot and stabbed Ppl. there is no doubt HE KILLED 7 ppl. The guy was a NUT CASE. the guy was insane. it dose not matter who his folks were. He was insane.
The guy did it. there is no hoax. How can you say it is a hoax? where is a hoax? He killed then ran then killed himself. Don't turn this into a gun debate. the man was crazy.

I don't understand the point of the topic the guy went out he shot and stabbed Ppl. there is no doubt HE KILLED 7 ppl. The guy was a NUT CASE. the guy was insane. it dose not matter who his folks were. He was insane.
The guy did it. there is no hoax. How can you say it is a hoax? where is a hoax? He killed then ran then killed himself. Don't turn this into a gun debate. the man was crazy.

Nobody here has specifically said it was a hoax and one of the fathers is blaming the NRA and wants gun control.

Horse crap. The supreme court has repeatedly debunked that. The "national guard" is the federal government, not the people. I know it is a waste of time to argue rights with you, your indoctrination is complete.

Not helpful. You disrespect alternate views. No communication.

As I said, don't like it, change the constitution. Your reasoning would likewise say the 1st amendment applies to state approved newspapers. You don't like the 2nd, but your argument is nonsense.

Not helpful.

The 2nd amendment is an individual right, backed by two centuries of law.

Not quite.

The Second Amendment in Law and History: Historians and Constitutional Scholars on the Right to Bear Arms

Amazon Blurb: "A demystifying guide to the complex debates surrounding the constitutional right to bear arms.

With help from the National Rifle Association and the pro-gun lobby, the idea that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees an unrestricted right to gun ownership has achieved a firm footing in recent decades. Yet few issues of public policy are so misunderstood, so oversimplified—and so crucially important to the health and welfare of all Americans.

The gun lobby and its proponents would have us believe that the constitutional issue is moot, and that the regulation of firearms is beyond the reach of legislation. But as the contributors to this important anthology demonstrate, both the historical and constitutional arguments are very much alive—and in fact weigh heavily in favor of those who would restrict gun ownership.

In the eight essays in The Second Amendment in Law and History, the nation's leading historical and constitutional scholars—including Jack Rakove (author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning Original Meanings), Michael Bellesiles (author of Arming America), Michael Dorf, Daniel Farber, and Paul Finkelman—marshal a broad range of historical and legal arguments revealing current gun policy to be radically out of step with deep historical and constitutional trends."

[/quote][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I have never lived in a locality where the local government cared one whit about the people.

You're living in the wrong place. When I lived in New England, the Town Meeting and civic pride were strong. Now I live out west, and my local government - as well as state government, I feel - is responsive to the care of the people. It can be cumbersome - and laborious - and 'bad influences' do get ahold - the fight against corruption is on-going - but with an active citizenry, always vigilant, local government can be held accountable and good people can be voted into office.

Last edited:
The state government in Arizona consists of loonies, particularly the governor. The local government is that of a medium-sized city, over 450,000, so it's hard to be responsive to individual citizens. Dealing with the water/trash utility department is a nightmare. If they aren't just rude, they are stupid over there.

A city-run public utility. No such a thing as competition. The power company, while private, is also exclusive. Would that we had an alternative, but we don't.

I dont know what murder you speak of. I chose my name as my name. Why do have the avatar of the murderer of millions of people. Who worships joe stalin? His own family hated him. I signed up with my name. I am proud of it. My distant relative was major robert rogers. I didnt think i needed a phoney name or a dictators avatar. And as for the 2nd amendment, you would argue that a list of individual rights just happened to list a state right. The state needed no amendment to arm itself. It makes no sense to think the state needed to list its right to bear arms in a list of individual rights. Once again, at least be honest that you dont like the 2nd amendment. Dont pretend its the governments right to be armed. The national guard ceased being a state militia long ago. And if the founders want to enshrine the states right to arm itself, it could have done so easliy. It did when it gave the president and congress the right to make war. The bill of rights list no "rights" of the government

"My Kid Died Because Nobody Responded To What Occurred At Sandy Hook" (Translation: My kid died because you wouldn't ban all guns.)

The hysterics are only going to continue. I feel sorry for his loss but I don't have respect for him because of his attempt to politicize this tragedy and turn it into anti-gun activism.

Last edited:
I dont know what murder you speak of. I chose my name as my name. Why do have the avatar of the murderer of millions of people.

I have Joey as my avatar because I want to make him famous like Kony.

I thought you chose your username in reference to the recent mass murderer Elliot Rodger. I apologize for suspecting you had ulterior motives.

Do you understand that the vast majority of people do not want liberty and freedom?

apology accepted. I have read many of your posts, find you to be one of the more logical people, so i was surprised that you seemed offended. I know that most people spit on liberty, ready to give the government the power to kill them, lock them away, take their property, extort their money for redistribution based on fraud etc. It amazes me to see how a free people have devolved in to lap dogs who cite former commonwealth serfs as examples to follow.
I imagine many folks dont even know who joe is, much less recognize his mugshot. In a few years california will name schools after him.
I thank you for your many excellent posts on here

Last edited:
Sorry conspiracy buffs but this one really did happen .. real people are dead and real people are reacting in grief.

People go nuts and some people have psychological problems and no amount of gun control or what ever will stop them from killing, the fail here is that his intentions were posted on line and his views well known by many.

The "chan" community (if you don't know what that is I am not going to explain it) more or less saw this coming but nothing was done about it and that people is all I have to say on the subject.

PS.. think about what we are teaching our children.

---------------------------------------------------------------
edit
---------------------------------------------------------------

The guy who put up this video I am posting is a racist bigoted jack ass but he makes some interesting points and it contains Elliot's videos. (yeah I listen to all sides of the story even if I don't like the person posting it).

Last edited:
Am I missing something? Was there someone on this thread that was arguing it to be a hoax?

Uh..... Yeah.... that would be the guy who created the thread using the word hoax in the title in such a context as to suggest it was one.

And then filled his OP with 10 plus reasons to suggest why it might be something other than what it is.

And when called on it proceeds to piss on our shoes and tell us its raining.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Back