• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Santa Barbara Shooting Hoax

Free episodes:

BoyintheMachine

Paranormal Maven
The Santa Barbara Shooting Hoax theory is really taking off online now. It might get just as big as Sandy Hook. And speaking of Sandy Hook, did you know that the shooter's dad directed the Hunger Game's movies and the author of the books lives in Sandy Hook? How weird is that?

Here's some things you might want to research more on:

1. Elliott Rodger claimed his motive is because he couldn't get a girlfriend and lose his virginity. However, many are questioning if he really even liked girls to begin with.

2. Not 24 hours after the shooting a father of a victim went on t.v. and blamed everything on the NRA, making an impassioned plea for gun control.

3. A witness claimed there was a passenger in the car but the police claim that Elliot Rodger acted alone. (Why is it always like that? Witnesses always report multiple shooters and the police always claim it was only a lone nut. From JFK all the way to the Santa Barbara shooting, they always blame a lone nut.)

4. Elliot Rodger sent his manifesto to CNN before going on his spree killing.

5. The store where the alleged shootings happened had already ordered replacement glass before they even cleaned the scene. The pictures even show that the new replacement glass in their crates may have even been resting in the blood on the floor. Doesn't make any sense at all. Two days after the shooting and they already have replacement glass and before the scene is cleaned. Crazy.

6. Elliot Rodger allegedly killed himself by shooting himself in the head and even though while still driving the car. Kind of odd that he didn't stop or pull over first.

7. Feminists are tearing it up over Elliot Rodger's misogynistic comments on his crazy YouTube videos. However, and ironically, most of his victims were male.

8. Elliott Rodger allegedly stabbed to death three men at his apartment prior to going on his rampage. Interestingly, Rodger was only 5ft 9in and weighed only 135 pounds.

9. Most of Elliot Rodger's videos were uploaded rather recently in the days before the shooting and even though he gives different dates in his videos.

10. YouTube removed his latest video, the one he uploaded right before going on the rampage. Nobody knows why YouTube removed that one but kept his other videos up. Some suggest that YouTube removed it because the time stamp would have indicated he was uploading it at the time of the shooting but there's really no proof of that.

11. As I mentioned above, Elliot Rodger's father is the director who directed the Hunger Games movies. The author who wrote the Hunger Games novels lives in Sandy Hook.

This is going to get weird fast and get ready for another round of gun-control in the media.

Last edited:
I found it odd for the father to make political comments, NRA ? First three were stabbings, also the report I saw only showed a childhood photo of the victim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found it odd for the father to make political comments, NRA ? First three were stabbings, also the report I saw only showed a childhood photo of the victim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend sent me an email saying that father is now suing the NRA. I don't know if it's true or not yet. I'll have to research it in a bit.

That store having the replacement glass delivered before the scene is cleaned is really weird.

A step too far with this - it is obscene. I did not even want to dignify this thread with a response but I cannot let it lie.

Your list of 'points' are rubbish. (And that is me using harsh language). At no time do you give any genuine evidence to back up your claims and the one point about the store's glass is so weak - such total rubbish - I could do a rebuttal but why take my time to refute what is clearly the result of an over-heated paranoia.

In my (short) career on the internet, I have come to realize that there are posters one encounters who have significant tendencies in the direction of paranoia. For them - everything is a conspiracy, everyone is conspiring. All is a behind-the-scenes manipulation. Reason is subverted in convoluted ways. It is sad - if it weren't actually disquieting to the point of being slightly dangerous. Caution is advised. There is a break with reality taking place.

I cannot say it better than the writer of the linked article - yes, guns are an issue. You bet they are an issue. As stated, countries - like Australia - that had mass shootings and then took their gun situation in hand, have done away with mass shootings. People died in Santa Barbara because of the automatic hand-gun. Had he not had that weapon, they (who were shot) would not have died. Simple.

LINK: Christopher Michael-Martinez’s Father Gets It Right about Guns : The New Yorker

Last edited:
Yes, i find it odd that 50% of his victims died by the knife, yet the press keeps calling it a "mass shooting", and the glee with which this vermins propaganda is displayed by the media, inviting more sick evil souls to seek their warhol fix.

It is also sick that in the last decade, we now number the murders death when quoting the victim totals..........never in the past was this done.............this demonstrates a lack of moral clarity

And "they would not have died without the "automatic" (sic) handgun? He stabbed and mutilated 3 men, and ran over others. You think he would simply have stopped after 3 stabbings without a gun? I doubt it. And since technical points are so valued here, the handgun was not "automatic".............their are few automatic handguns, also called machine pistols, and they are only sold to class 3 federal permit owners. Further, 3 jews were gunned down in synagogue attack in france this week. They have draconian gun laws. But any country that cant control the flow of drugs or people into their country cant stop firearms either

Yes, i find it odd that 50% of his victims died by the knife, yet the press keeps calling it a "mass shooting"

Because it was - a mass shooting. It was also a mass murder using multiple means - which does not take away from the fact that had a gun - and an automatic one, at that - not been available to him, less people would have died.

50% of your mass shooting victims died by the knife, do they not count? Knives dont fit the agenda. And again, on a forum that values fact, it was NOT an "automatic" handgun, IE a machine pistol, it was a semi auto. I know that "automatic weapons" sound more scary to hoplophobes, but it is a false statement

If you must raise the question, how many people out there in the U.S. are seriously injured by guns, accidental or deliberate? How many are seriously injured by knife wounds?

A step too far with this - it is obscene. I did not even want to dignify this thread with a response but I cannot let it lie.

Your list of 'points' are rubbish. (And that is me using harsh language). At no time do you give any genuine evidence to back up your claims and the one point about the store's glass is so weak - such total rubbish - I could do a rebuttal but why take my time to refute what is clearly the result of an over-heated paranoia.

In my (short) career on the internet, I have come to realize that there are posters one encounters who have significant tendencies in the direction of paranoia. For them - everything is a conspiracy, everyone is conspiring. All is a behind-the-scenes manipulation. Reason is subverted in convoluted ways. It is sad - if it weren't actually disquieting to the point of being slightly dangerous. Caution is advised. There is a break with reality taking place.

I cannot say it better than the writer of the linked article - yes, guns are an issue. You bet they are an issue. As stated, countries - like Australia - that had mass shootings and then took their gun situation in hand, have done away with mass shootings. People died in Santa Barbara because of the automatic hand-gun. Had he not had that weapon, they would have not died. Simple.

LINK: Christopher Michael-Martinez’s Father Gets It Right about Guns : The New Yorker

I think your problem is reading comprehension. I'm not claiming it's a hoax. I'm claiming it's weird.

Reading comprehension?

So exactly why is the title of this thread - which you began - referencing the Santa Barbara shootings as a hoax?

The title of the thread does say, "Santa Barbara Shooting Hoax". However, if you read the opening post it is clear that I'm giving a head's up that this is the new conspiracy of the week, so to speak, and just giving some information. At no time did I write that I believed it was a hoax or that I even knew the truth of what happened.

My point was simple. Anti 2nd amendment zealots ignore the half of this crime that dosesnt inspire them. Criminals use what is available. people who know nothing about firearms but hate them with a religous fervor bother me. Just weeks ago, chinese thugs slaughtered 27 people in a matter of minutes with knives. Knee jerk destruction of my liberty doesnt set well. We hear of the horror of america...........though it is not even in the top ten international murder rates.... We arent former subjects of the crown, who allow the state to give and take out rights. We have enumerated rights. Not from the state...
Dont like the 2nd amendment? Hold a constitutional convention.. Thats how it works. As I said, to think any country that cant control the flow of people and drugs could eradicate illegal guns is foolish.. We are no island. Millions of former warsaw pact and chinese handguns lie in third world warehouses waiting for their value to increase. Venezuala built an AK47 plant. Their military doesnt use AKs......It was an investment for money in the arms trade. And they are real aks, not the neutered versions sold to americ
ans.

My point was simple. Anti 2nd amendment zealots ignore the half of this crime that dosesnt inspire them. Criminals use what is available. people who know nothing about firearms but hate them with a religous fervor bother me. Just weeks ago, chinese thugs slaughtered 27 people in a matter of minutes with knives. Knee jerk destruction of my liberty doesnt set well. We hear of the horror of america...........though it is not even in the top ten international murder rates.... We arent former subjects of the crown, who allow the state to give and take out rights. We have enumerated rights. Not from the state...
Dont like the 2nd amendment? Hold a constitutional convention.. Thats how it works. As I said, to think any country that cant control the flow of people and drugs could eradicate illegal guns is foolish.. We are no island. Millions of former warsaw pact and chinese handguns lie in third world warehouses waiting for their value to increase. Venezuala built an AK47 plant. Their military doesnt use AKs......It was an investment for money in the arms trade. And they are real aks, not the neutered versions sold to americ
ans.

The problem is that people have been brainwashed into thinking that Big Government can keep us safe and that Big Government has our best interests in mind. It can't and doesn't. I too am tired of people always jumping on a tragedy like this and immediately pushing for gun control. A gun is a tool and has no motivations to harm or kill people of it's own. So why are we blaming tools and not people? By that logic, let's just blame everything on the Devil and be done with it.

And you believe private industry has our best interests in mind? They do not, as the horrible experiences that forced creation of the health are law have borne out. They are solely interested in profit and more profit. Most charitable activities are done for marketing, not because they believe in any of it, not to mention the tax deductions.

• Thats what it seems to come to. People who want the state in their lives, and those who dont. I also believe a lack of knowledge about guns leads to a hysterical fear. I accept the risk with guns, just as i accept the risk of idiots driving. I value my freedom, prepare myself and my family to deal with risk the best i can. Its the cost of liberty. It is not neat, or even pretty. But it beats serfdom

Don't like the 2nd amendment? Hold a constitutional convention. Thats how it works.

Not quite - the 2nd amendment is in relation to a militia (our National Guard - civic duty more than a 'personal right') as opposed to a standing army (which was very much opposed by the Founding Fathers). I link to Thom Hartmann because he is an excellent source for historical clarity -

I am sorry you feel charities are a fraud. Working in the third world, I saw that the non gov. groups were better functioning, with less corruption, and more compassion. I dont trust big industry, but they, for now, do not have police forces and paramiltary units that can legally kill or imprison me.
And i think you lack a clear picture of how the two things have grown together. They write law, the gov passes it. The G gives them contracts, they make "contributions" back to the politicians.
The people have less power than any time in history, and to trust any of them is foolish.

This is going to get weird fast and get ready for another round of gun-control in the media.

I ignore these events for the first month. It is a huge waste of time to attempt sorting through the flurry of information and disinformation they invariably generate. For discerning the truth, I've found it best to wait until after the Public has moved on to the next distraction, then dig in to see what really happened.

Last edited:
The problem is that people have been brainwashed into thinking that Big Government can keep us safe and that Big Government has our best interests in mind. It can't and doesn't.

That is what Ronald Reagan wanted you to believe - because believing that means that you work against your own best interests and do the corporate entities' work for them. They don't even have to pay you - you protect them for free. You give away your vote - and your freedom - to enable their oppression of your daily life. It's brilliant - I'll give them that.

Back