• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Richard Sarradet on Karla Turner

bbridges

Paranormal Maven
We will discuss my interactions with Karla and her husband; The hypnotist she relied on, Barbara Bartholic, and some of the material she published, especially her first book, Into the Fringe, and Masquerade of Angels, the story of Ted Rice. UFOs and other paranormal phenomena are also on the agenda.

First time poster here with a question for Richard. As someone who feels unconvinced about the validity of memories regained by hypnotherapy I was wondering what you would say to someone like me to convise me. Also, what research has been done on the subject by the scientific community (mainstream or otherwise) and what are their findings?

Questions for Richard,

1. Could you describe your own personal experience with meeting Bob Lazar and your impressions of him and his story. Also could you describe who alerted you to a possible Yakuza connection with Bob Lazar, the enigmatic character known as Mike Younger and the strangeness surrounding him and his information.

2. In your opinion Richard how much of a role do you think we the observer play in the UFO/Paranormal Phenomenon? Are we co creators in witnessing, creating the activity or simply observers of it?

3. In the descriptions of "modern" humanoids we have the standard Greys tall and short, Nordics, Reptilians, and Preying Mantis figures, however why do we not hear of Spiders humanoids, banana people, and amoeba creatures?
If CE3's are merely inventions of the mind would not these inventions be as varied as imagination could make them?

Hope i'm not too late. I wanted to know if you had read the Nick Redfern book Final Events; here is a quote from his website about part of the content:

"
For decades, stories of alien abductions, UFO encounters, flying saucer sightings, and Area 51 have led millions of people to believe that extraterrestrials are secretly among us. But what if those millions of people are all wrong? What if the UFO phenomenon has much darker and far more ominous origins? For four years, UFO authority Nick Redfern has been investigating the strange and terrifying world of a secret group within the U.S. Government known as the Collins Elite. The group believes that our purported alien visitors are, in reality, deceptive demons and fallen angels. They are the minions of Satan, who are reaping and enslaving our very souls, and paving the way for Armageddon and Judgment Day. .""It is the belief of the group that far from being extraterrestrial in origin, our purported alien visitors are, in reality, deceptive demons and fallen-angels; the minions of Satan, who are paving the way for Armageddon, Judgment Day, and the reaping and enslavement of our very souls."

Anyone know what the deal is with US alphabet agencies interested in the occult???

peace guys

Hope I'm not too late too! Karla's book were one of the first I've read on the ufos and abductions topic. One which made me quite an impression was "masquerade of angels". I enjoyed reading that book, but actually I tend do see it more as a novel than as a real story due to the incredible (some may say insane) materials it contains.

So my question for Richard would be does he know if this a real or a fiction story, and if it's real does he know the real identity of the main character of the Story (Ted Rice I believe, it's a long time I've read the book so I don't recall very much) and what is he/she doing now?

Hope I'm not too late too! Karla's book were one of the first I've read on the ufos and abductions topic. One which made me quite an impression was "masquerade of angels". I enjoyed reading that book, but actually I tend do see it more as a novel than as a real story due to the incredible (some may say insane) materials it contains.

So my question for Richard would be does he know if this a real or a fiction story, and if it's real does he know the real identity of the main character of the Story (Ted Rice I believe, it's a long time I've read the book so I don't recall very much) and what is he/she doing now?

HI Chikane, I would love to meet the real 'Ted Rice." I am reaching out trying to see if I can get some direction on this. With both Karla and Barbara gone, it's much more elusive to pin down. FYI, I do recall talking with Karla about the book after I read it. She knew him very well, after going through the process with him that produced the book. However, his recollections were prior to ever meeting Karla. Karla was a very smart woman, and not inclined to stray from the story that unfolded of
Ted's experiences. The one thing I take from this is that people who are described as psychic, and I've met many, many over the years out here in L.A., are more inclined to be aware of a range of entities that don't exist as far as most of us are concerned. Is it an mental illness? Or is it a variation on the old adage, "In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." Even if his one eye is 20/400, he can see things that the others can't. Whether he sees things clearly, and for what they actually are is another question, isn't it? For many of the experiencers of paranormal events that I've known over the years, they often question their own sanity, and learn to live with it, if they can't reject it. Others are completely at ease in a world full of things that most of us are totally unaware of: it's the world that has always been there for them.

Hi bbridges. So you confirm this is a real story. At the time I read "masquerade of Angels" I didn't know what to think about it but really enjoyed reading that story and found it well written, though I'm not keen on science fiction stuff.

I didn't know that Barbara Bartholic had also passed away. Sure it does not make things easy to get in touch with "Ted Rice" now, but I wish you good luck in your research. For myself I don't know what to think exactly of these weird experiences and I tend to see in them maybe different causes, probably not all understood. It's been a while I wanted to hear something about Karla Turner and I definitely look forward to listen to this show!

Didn't know anything about Richard before the show and am skeptical about Turner's lasting contributions to the UFO/ET field. What should I gain/learn/take away from her efforts? I think it would help if you revisit this topic again with Richard and possibly some other researchers who are familiar with her work....not just her books
and articles and may have different perspectives from his.

Richard seems like a very conscientious researcher. Dr. Mack once posed the question as to what sort of educational background would be a good basis for creating researchers and investigators in the UFO abductee field. I think Richard makes a good case that acting training and good social skills are a useful and important background in addition to some psychological training and grooming of writing skills.

It is my opinion that there is a conflict of interest that quickly arises when an investigator moves from observer to some phase of empathic support and theraputic influence. Alternatively, a good investigator can't be totally cold about the suffering and emotions he may be confronted with in his investigations. The best investigations, in my view, involve ongoing communications with the subject on friendly terms over a long period of time. When individuals begin to distrust their own mental health and the validity of their "given" reality paradigm, it takes a while before they will tell you the deeper and often more painful or unbelievable parts of their story. You have to be worthy of their confidence. You have to know yourself and be honest with yourself and the subject. Richard conveys this, I think, and is wary of his own weaknesses or potential weaknesses.
Bud Hopkins found that some very useful information would tend to surface in the hours after a regression session. He would schedule an hour or so of relaxed conversation and coffee with the subject (again based on their condition after the
experience.) He would not probe with interrogation just let the conversation go where it would and the individual would bring up material that would seem to continue to be flowing up from their subconscious. He would not take obvious notes at the time, nor record it as I recall, but would write down as much of it as he could recall shortly thereafter. These additional recollections and perspectives would be added to the case material and then integrated when he would write up the case at some later point in time. He would make a best effort (given the limitations of time and money to pursue the case) to validate or verify as many of the elements as possible from the regressions sessions in a similar fashion to the way the police would try to check out what could be relevant facts in the case, if they did check out.

Great show Gene, Chris and Rich.

Enjoyed the professional discussion and found the information a great stepping stone into this strange awareness which agree has no answers just more questions which the open the mind needs to search for more theories.

The energy of these events of strange awareness seems to leave residue of hungry for knowledge does it change our DNA ? As it seems to cause mental stimulation in some and fear in others. Do we see what our unconscious hides from our mind of everyday living and is sleep paralysis a residue of protection for the mind? Agree trauma is one sliding door which aids the events to happen which is ? or protects the mind from more horror?

Excellent show, Fellers. You have been on a roll recently, it seems, with lots of top notch productions.

Into the Fringe is a challenging book; written by an obviously sensible and intelligent person, while describing some of the most far-out and even creepiest experiences to be found in the literature. It was really great to get some background along with a few details to check out on the interwebz. Thanks! I hope I still have that book.

re: Lazar
A guy named Tom Mahood thoroughly demolished Lazar's educational claims (and lots of other nonsense) simply by checking the actual paper trail the guy left in and around Vegas. Quite a paper trail it is, and a lot of it is not pretty. For anyone who is not convinced by old Stan Friedman's analysis (among others), well Google is yer pal. Lazar was surely used by someone, but he also was not what he said he was. I never got why anyone was impressed with his stuff about Element 115 or whatever it was, even long before it was synthesized for ten nanoseconds. It's not like it took any brains or cleverness to look at a periodic chart and make up a story about an "officially" blank spot.

Back