• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Restoration amateur, massive FAIL

nameless

Paranormal Adept
Probably the best restoration of a painting I have ever seen in my whole life, ever.

_62428391_frescopic.gif

LEFT,CHRIST ORIGINAL RIGHT, IMPROVED HAIRY MONKEY CRAYON SKETCH

BBC News - Spanish fresco restoration botched by amateur
"Spanish fresco restoration botched by amateur

An elderly parishioner has stunned Spanish cultural officials with an alarming and unauthorised attempt to restore a prized Jesus Christ fresco.
Ecce Homo (Behold the Man) by Elias Garcia Martinez has held pride of place in the Sanctuary of Mercy Church near Zaragoza for more than 100 years.
The woman took her brush to it after years of deterioration due to moisture.
Cultural officials said she had the best intentions and hoped it could be properly restored.
Donation
The woman, in her 80s, was reportedly upset at the way the fresco had deteriorated and took it on herself to "restore" the image.
BBC Europe correspondent Christian Fraser says the delicate brush strokes of Elias Garcia Martinez have been buried under a haphazard splattering of paint..."

Oh Gods I can't quit lauging over this!
It's so pathetic and painful to look at, yet it's so hilarious! And I feel a kind of giggly shame over laughing!

Poor lady had no idea what she was getting into.

can i just say that this monkey jesu crayon image has given so much joy the past few days that i have done a little wee in my pants through laughing.

No this is sad. Mel Gibson The Passion sad. She gave him alien eyes. Is that his tongue sticking out? Is he being strangled by a scarf? The crown of thorns became a furry cap. I sense some profound message in all of this, but it escapes me like the name of that character actor with the one googly eye.

No this is sad. Mel Gibson The Passion sad. She gave him alien eyes. Is that his tongue sticking out? Is he being strangled by a scarf? The crown of thorns became a furry cap. I sense some profound message in all of this, but it escapes like the name of that character actor with the one googly eye.
lollllll

The painting is fu... damn small to begin with, it's at a sidewall of the church and actually wasn't that important up until the 'caveman' emerged. Got to love the woman for trying though . :p
Never curb your enthusiasm, spanish granny.

There is a phobia of men with beards and if you look at the, ahem, 'restored' piece, she has obliterated all signs of his beard. Of course monkeys are hairy but I don't think they have beards?

There is a phobia of men with beards and if you look at the, ahem, 'restored' piece, she has obliterated all signs of his beard. Of course monkeys are hairy but I don't think they have beards?

Well apparently nobody told this fellow !!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347897720947.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347897720947.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 8
Separated at Birth ?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347907603624.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347907603624.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 3
  • uploadfromtaptalk1347907637866.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347907637866.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 3