• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Remembering Steve Jobs

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
I'm said to report that former Apple CEO Steven P. Jobs died quietly today.

You'll be reading about it online, on TV, and in your newspaper. His passing comes just a few weeks after he stepped down as CEO because of his ongoing illness. I met Jobs several times over the years, and had a chance to have brief conversations with him.

He will be missed around the world -- but Apple, as you might have gathered from this week's media event, will go on and prosper.

I'll be talking about this more in my columns and, of course, on our other forum at: The Tech Night Owl LIVE Community Forums.

There is no doubt, the computer world lost a giant today with the death of Steve Jobs.

I was not a Mac guy, I am a PC guy but I know what a dent Jobs put into the computing world. Also, being a somewhat blunt kind of guy, I deal with loss in what many of you may consider a strange way. (Not to mention that I have also had two heroic glasses of red wine ....) Shit happens ... but I also believe he will be back ... perhaps in a different package ... but back he will be back.

Decker

Sad news, he created so much and gave the world so much creativity in his products everyone uses today. He will be remembered forever as Apple products will continue being made.

I don't know much about this but if I am not mistaken STEVE JOBS actually created the first personal computer.

That is saying alot.

you may not own a Mac but chances are you own an Ipod..Steve was a man wo touched so many lives and enriched them.. the exposion of "smart phones" that was in reponse to the Iphone now other companys are working on Ipad competitors...and oh yes the name of the Iphone 4s.. its rumored to mean 4 steve. so rest well Mr Jobs..your earned your place in history in 1000 years if we are still around man will rember you and thank you for all you did...

I never liked the guy nor his products, imo he did have a great talent thought, he was an awesome salesman.
Selling products to the people they never knew they didn´t need.

Anyways, Rest in Peace
Nobody deserves to die in such a way.

Mac or PC, if you have a computer, and everyone on this forum uses one, you owe something to Jobs. Along with Steve Wozniak and Bill Gates, he created an industry.

One of the more important people in my life has gone to the iCloud in the sky.

IMO Jobs was the kind of creative spirit that is crucial in making America a hotbed of innovation. First such people think outside of the box. Then they enlarge it. A great loss.

I am thankful to live in this time in our planets history. It don't come easy. As a matter of fact, sometimes it is a bitch. But it is thru these times we witness greatness. And I am blessed to recognize greatness. Steve Jobs was the epitome of greatness in regards to give the public products they had no idea that they would desire. But he knew we would desire these things. I admire him. I admire what he has accomplished. When we fire up our ipods or mp3 players, or iPhones, or in my case... my tmobile Fender designer phone, I will remember Steve Jobs. Visionaries are often hard to recognized in the times with which they lived. I don't remember anyone in the 21st century wanting to burn Steve Jobs at the stake as they did Galileo several hundred years earlier.

I think we have made progress. Thanks Steve.... go rest now.

What gets me is that he was still only 56 years old and even with all his wealth and influence he was taken down by cancer. He tried a lot of "natural treatments" and he did live longer than expected, but it just sucks to think we haven't got a cure for that yet, although the recent advancements in immunotherapy do look promising.

Steve-Jobs-in-heave-funny-pictures.jpg

What gets me is that he was still only 56 years old and even with all his wealth and influence he was taken down by cancer. He tried a lot of "natural treatments" and he did live longer than expected, but it just sucks to think we haven't got a cure for that yet, although the recent advancements in immunotherapy do look promising.

uploadfromtaptalk1356453577657.jpg
The fact that I could be hit by a bus tomorrow is no less consoling.
You can't always get what you want.
Life ain't fair. And that is comforting in a way.

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as a manor of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

As a designer myself I have to say this man was a genius. He pushed technology to a new level and helped shape our understanding of how we relate to each other. I will miss his vision although I am a man who embraces the nostaliga of our past.

Back