• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Religion

I must commend all of you for having invested so much time and energy into the study of religion. Whereas I find value in some of the eastern religions, I have never read a full page of the bible. In fact, I don’t own a bible. I don’t find Christianity to be credible enough to waste my time on. Religion is still firmly established throughout the world, and no amount of logic will change that. It’s like a dog chasing its own tail. Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows.

"A thorough reading and understanding of the Bible is the surest path to atheism”
Donald Morgan

Introduction to the Bible and Biblical Problems

Its a huge part of the problem, most believers never bother to read it.
They are happy to pay a pulpit jockey to deliver cherry picked "god is love" sermons and settle for that version.

When you read it, see for yourself the parts that are conveniently ignored, you realise its a vile testament.

GE 6:11-17, 7:11-24 God is unhappy with the wickedness of man and decides to do something about it. He kills every living thing on the face of the earth other than Noah's family and thereby makes himself the greatest mass murderer in history.

EX 12:29 The Lord kills all the first-born in the land of Egypt

EX 21:20-21 With the Lord's approval, a slave may be beaten to death with no punishment for the perpetrator as long as the slave doesn't die too quickly.

EX 32:27 "Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor.

LE 26:29, DT 28:53, JE 19:9, EZ 5:8-10 As a punishment, the Lord will cause people to eat the flesh of their own sons and daughters and fathers and friends.

NU 15:32-36 A Sabbath breaker (who had gathered sticks for a fire) is stoned to death at the Lord's command.

DT 20:16 "In the cities of the nations the Lord is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes."

Lots and lots and lots and lots more here

Bible Atrocities: Atrocities in the Bible

Its a huge part of the problem, most believers never bother to read it.
They are happy to pay a pulpit jockey to deliver cherry picked "god is love" sermons and settle for that version.

When you read it, see for yourself the parts that are conveniently ignored, you realise its a vile testament.

GE 6:11-17, 7:11-24 God is unhappy with the wickedness of man and decides to do something about it. He kills every living thing on the face of the earth other than Noah's family and thereby makes himself the greatest mass murderer in history.

EX 12:29 The Lord kills all the first-born in the land of Egypt

EX 21:20-21 With the Lord's approval, a slave may be beaten to death with no punishment for the perpetrator as long as the slave doesn't die too quickly.

EX 32:27 "Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor.

LE 26:29, DT 28:53, JE 19:9, EZ 5:8-10 As a punishment, the Lord will cause people to eat the flesh of their own sons and daughters and fathers and friends.

NU 15:32-36 A Sabbath breaker (who had gathered sticks for a fire) is stoned to death at the Lord's command.

DT 20:16 "In the cities of the nations the Lord is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes."

Lots and lots and lots and lots more here

Bible Atrocities: Atrocities in the Bible
dantestv_hellawaits_instorestuesday_-09001.png

And then there are these people

All I have to say is

thestupiditburns.jpg

But on a more serious note... poor children because I see that as nothing short of child abuse if you have seen the documentary "Jesus Camp'

PS: here is a comment I saw posted on the video

"Religion is poison. Its just poison. We have to get a law that makes indoctrination of minors illegal. We need a 18+ age-restriction on religious indoctrination. If religious people cant brainwash defenseless children in to their sick cults, organized superstition will die in one generation"

Says it all really

"Religion is poison. Its just poison. We have to get a law that makes indoctrination of minors illegal. We need a 18+ age-restriction on religious indoctrination. If religious people cant brainwash defenseless children in to their sick cults, organized superstition will die in one generation"

It does say it all, its funny we dont allow children to drink or smoke or drive cars or vote or have sex, and for good reason, they simply dont have the mental maturity to deal with such complex issues.

And yet its perfectly legal to brainwash them into believing into a magic sky man, at a time when they are least equiped mentally to assess whats being said.

Children are easily conned, we can convince them that santa brings presents, or that the tooth fairy will put money under the pillow or that the easter bunny will hide chocolate for them to find........
Or that jews are apes and pigs as we saw in one video, or that muslims are subhuman as we saw in another.

Just as children shouldnt be allowed in pubs and clubs, they shouldnt be allowed in church until they are at least 18+
And parents shouldnt be allowed to ply them with the mental poison of religion anymore than they are allowed to ply them with alchohol and cigarettes.
Its child abuse pure and simple

It does say it all, its funny we dont allow children to drink or smoke or drive cars or vote or have sex, and for good reason, they simply dont have the mental maturity to deal with such complex issues.

And yet its perfectly legal to brainwash them into believing into a magic sky man, at a time when they are least equiped mentally to assess whats being said.

Children are easily conned, we can convince them that santa brings presents, or that the tooth fairy will put money under the pillow or that the easter bunny will hide chocolate for them to find........
Or that jews are apes and pigs as we saw in one video, or that muslims are subhuman as we saw in another.

Just as children shouldnt be allowed in pubs and clubs, they shouldnt be allowed in church until they are at least 18+
And parents shouldnt be allowed to ply them with the mental poison of religion anymore than they are allowed to ply them with alchohol and cigarettes.
Are you brave enough to go on the lecture circuit to spread your message?

Totally agree with you here...

Yes religion would fade away to a point of total insignificance if even a 16+ age limit were imposed on it. But sad to say most of the god virus is taught in homes and in the family so it still reaches the next generation by proxy.

On a side note I have always found it odd that the right wing fundamentalist will scream and shout about the Jews but correct me if I am wrong Jesus was Jewish and the Jewish people were/are god chosen people and that book they wave and thump when talking to gay people the first half is more or less about the Jews.

Totally agree with you here...

Yes religion would fade away to a point of total insignificance if even a 16+ age limit were imposed on it. But sad to say most of the god virus is taught in homes and in the family so it still reaches the next generation by proxy.

On a side note I have always found it odd that the right wing fundamentalist will scream and shout about the Jews but correct me if I am wrong Jesus was Jewish and the Jewish people were/are god chosen people and that book they wave and thump when talking to gay people the first half is more or less about the Jews.

He was a Galilean

Judea and Galilee were two separate states and political entities, as illustrated on the map of Palestine in the time of our Saviour in your Bible. Jesus Himself was not a Jew (Judean) or resident of Judea, He was a Galilean or resident of Galilee (Matthew 26:69; John 7:41), and a Judahite or descendent of the Tribe of Judah. The Judeans of prominence were not of the Tribe of Judah, but of Edomites. Pilate was being ironic when he wrote the sign "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Judeans" for the Cross (John 19:19). That is, "the Galilean who was King of the Judeans," as in "Queen Victoria of England, Empress of India." Jesus grew up in Nazareth in Galilee. His disciples were fishermen from the Sea of Galilee. And although He visited Jerusalem, he spent most of His life in his home country of Galilee. John 7:1, "After this Jesus stayed in Galilee; for He could not walk in Judea, because the Jews sought to kill him." His followers were constrained "for fear of the Jews" (John 7:13, 19:38, 20:19).

But i am of course refering to the fictional character, since i dont think he was a real person.
Its a bit like refering to santa claus as a north polean.

But according to the narrative he was a Galilean

He was a Galilean

But i am of course refering to the fictional character, since i dont think he was a real person.
Its a bit like refering to santa claus as a north polean.

But according to the narrative he was a Galilean
True and it is something I should have remembered myself

Thanks Mike

I like that song not only because its a good song but it is about the industry I work in.
I wanted to get into the music business when I was young. I was destined for other things. There were a lot of bands in 60s and 70s that got screwed over financially. Credence Clearwater, Hendrix, and many others.

Back