• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Real Help, and Advice.

Do you have a paranormal group in your area? Now, I know ghosthunters crap has about sullied the field. But, from what I've seen there are some honest serious folks out there that don't charge and don't get on t.v. Have you considered a voice recorder instead or along with a camera? I wasn't kidding about a spiritual adviser or clergy either if you find or know one that you trust. On the other hand maybe you could sleep in the room yourself and see if you experience anything. Just some thoughts thrown out there.

im highly skeptical of a paranormal group. I want to try to do this by myself as much as possible, unless someone incredibly reliable can help me. Im just protective of my family you kno? i dont want some hack with a frickn volt meter and temperature gauge telling me i may have a ghost. Im pretty much certain theres something going on, i need something more concrete to work with. The voice recording is something im going to very much consider. It seems fairly easy and possibly effective. Ill have to seriouslly look into a priest of some sorts coming to cleanse my place. Like i said, im more concerned now cause my son hasnt slept well, and all i need is another scary incident for him, and hell have problems sleeping for a while. I cant have that.

and im not willing to have someone get that off my back. like i said, im pretty sure something real is going on, so i need to be careful on how i handle this, and protect my families interest and privacy.

While nothing has come up on camera like i previously posted, my 3 yr old son has had trouble sleeping. He recently stood over his aunts house and she told me he couldnt sleep, asking her where was the boy, and that the boy wanted to get him. Ill say almost every night, hes found his way into our bed,he cant handle the whole night in his own bed. Now i dont allow my kids to watch any horror flicks, or anything that may scare him. If he does watch any tv, its a cartoon or something from disney. My interest would also not reflect on him, being as i just said, i dont expose my kids(hes way too young anyway) to anything of that nature. The thing im concerned about is that my son hasnt slept well, and keeps mentioning he saw the boy and owl by his window. I dont see how he also couldve seen out the window at night, being that they have blinds and curtains, and hes unable to look outside, unless he opens them(and he doesnt know how to)
Like i said, all i can do is make it a nightly ritual to set up the digi cam by the kids room door, and see what happens. I know it sounds wierd, but i cant help to think, that this supposed entity is purposely not revealing itself because i have the cam set? idk, is anyone, SERIOUSLLY, and i mean SERIOUSLLY, expieranced in anything related paranormal wise? i love the comments, but i need real insight because i feel this is very real, and its bothering me now because my son is having trouble sleeping(my other 2 girls arent having trouble even tho they had encounters aswell)

We can also say that it isn't revealing itself to the camera because it isn't something physical. I've seen all kinds of crazy stuff at night, but I know that no camera would have caught it because it was not actually there - all in my head. The fact that several people in your family is seeing it is not out of the ordinary either since that's how the mind works.
This is not to take away from the fact that your child is frightened - I have a two year old and I would be concerned as well if she was afraid of something. All I'm saying is that you don't need to worry about there being some sort of entity living in your house.
I would recommend a child psychologist over an exorcist.
When the question is, "How do I know if my house is haunted?" The answer is always, "It's not."

I'm not trying to dismiss what's going on in your house though - you're child is frightened and your family is concerned - that is 100% real (unless you're lying, which I doubt that you are). You just need to exhaust all explanations before creating one that has no basis in reality.

It makes me think of a line from last week's Fringe, where Walter says adamantly that ghosts don't exist. To which Peter replies, "Ghosts? That's where you draw the line?"

That's my thought. I find that my life has been much easier since ghosts and spirits were removed from the choices when trying to figure out what is making a noise in my house.

We can also say that it isn't revealing itself to the camera because it isn't something physical. I've seen all kinds of crazy stuff at night, but I know that no camera would have caught it because it was not actually there - all in my head. The fact that several people in your family is seeing it is not out of the ordinary either since that's how the mind works.
This is not to take away from the fact that your child is frightened - I have a two year old and I would be concerned as well if she was afraid of something. All I'm saying is that you don't need to worry about there being some sort of entity living in your house.
I would recommend a child psychologist over an exorcist.
When the question is, "How do I know if my house is haunted?" The answer is always, "It's not."

I'm not trying to dismiss what's going on in your house though - you're child is frightened and your family is concerned - that is 100% real (unless you're lying, which I doubt that you are). You just need to exhaust all explanations before creating one that has no basis in reality.

It makes me think of a line from last week's Fringe, where Walter says adamantly that ghosts don't exist. To which Peter replies, "Ghosts? That's where you draw the line?"

That's my thought. I find that my life has been much easier since ghosts and spirits were removed from the choices when trying to figure out what is making a noise in my house.

Angelo: I agree with your suggestion -that a child-psychologist should be seen, however, I am also aware (as a practicing psychotherapist) that if one chooses to listen to such a recommendation that they also consider the potential pitfalls of exploring psychological assessment after making claims of having experienced "the paranormal." Personally, as a therapist, I am open to working with clients whom experience such phenomenon, and therefore am less willing to subject them to the further trauma of being labeled with some form of psychopathology. I think it is highly important, if this family chooses to seek psychological assessment and support that they find someone in the community whom is open to working with people whom are experiencing anomalous activity. ...Yet not one whom is simply a blind believer -thereby avoiding what surely will be an unpleasant encounter with a professional on either side of conceptual divide.

Secondly, having an interest and being open minded does not make me a believer. But I would never say to a potential client, especially one whom is having any type of anomalous experience, that I am absolutely certain that what they are experiencing is definitively "not paranormal" in nature. In my view, the jury is still out on this issue (as the term is an umbrella for a hodgepodge of the generally strange and unexplainable), an although I strongly lean towards a psychological explanation, I would never betray the respect of a person by telling them they are misguided, misinformed, mislead, misdirected, or simply too ignorant of popular theory regarding what truly stands behind such phenom. What often gets overlooked in considering what happens to those experiencing the paranormal, is the outright egotism of so called professionals in their attempts to offer not just a conceptual reframe, but a perceptual one as well. Perception informs experience, and while our cosmology may not have room for their variety of experience, our pompous self assuredness does nothing to promote further investigation nor does it explain nor comfort the experiencer. Always be aware of the reframe, I say.

While i trully appreciate the comments, and insight, if you read the post early on, its something that my older 7 yr old daughter and son expieracanced at the same time. And also, my 4 yr old daughter expieranced it about 3 or 4 days before. Also, my wife,had expieranced this about 3 yrs ago while pregnant with my son. Trust me, i know it sounds crazy and i can understand thats how anyone would feel or think, but im trying to think of a rational explanation, and cant come to one other then maybe paranormal. Unless theres a hallucinogens in our water or something. Some thing weird is kind of going on, although i will admit its not consistant enough to predict when it can happen next. cameras been up for about 2 wks now, nothing yet.

I lived in a haunted house as a child, it was a disturbing experience and the ghost/entity/entities/ were not pleasant. I saw things in the dark that weren't there, I had countless nightmares, I was constantly afraid and sleeping usually included lights on .. when we moved the issues disappeared. But it is an experience that stays with you! I'm not an expert in this so my suggestions are based on my small amount of knowledge.
If the ghost isn't causing harm then try to live with it like you would anything else. If the ghost is causing harm then you can try to ask it to leave. Or you could move.
Have you tried the EVP route?
Good luck!

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

On further reflection... I think you need to make sure your child is okay. He needs to feel safe and being in this situation, it sounds like he may be becoming hyper-vigilant, which in the long run.. will cause problems if he gets *stuck* in that mode. Having a hyper flight or fight response is a difficult thing to live with and can cause health issues in adult years.
So first and foremost, make sure your son feels safe, and can deal with this.

Hotkafka; Secondly said:
interest[/I] and being open minded does not make me a believer. But I would never say to a potential client, especially one whom is having any type of anomalous experience, that I am absolutely certain that what they are experiencing is definitively "not paranormal" in nature. In my view, the jury is still out on this issue (as the term is an umbrella for a hodgepodge of the generally strange and unexplainable), an although I strongly lean towards a psychological explanation, I would never betray the respect of a person by telling them they are misguided, misinformed, mislead, misdirected, or simply too ignorant of popular theory regarding what truly stands behind such phenom.

May be the ole Social Worker in me but I agree.

One time when my neighbor had a spirit in her house (for years) we set up a ceremony, saged the house then placed protection crystals accordingly near the hole and verbalized "towards the light, go away". We had 7 gals in the room and all witnessed a wind flow through the room up the "hole" and then stillness (no windows open).

To my knowledge her ghost has not returned. He was attached to her aura and even traveled with her at times for 3 years +, haunting her in her sleep. It has been 5 years since the releasing of this spirit and he has not returned.

As a sufferer of night terrors since age 7, I know how scary it is to see people (in my case dark shadow people). It can be so draining that I have headaches for days. I usually treat the room (sage and prayer) and then make sure I am not overtired before bedtime. Your case is a bit different because there is probably a ghost present. In my case it is a theory of night terrors crossing dimensional boundaries.

Something else that helps with not seeing ghosts is not believing in them. I stopped believing in ghosts a long time ago and since then, I have not worried about them.

well, as you people can see i havent been on here much at all. at the moment these things happened to my kids i decided to give it a try and see if anyone could shed some light on the topic. Now, the update. my son has since had problems sleeping at night unfortunately. Every night hes coming into our bed, and when i asked him, he says he doesnt want the blue boy to touch him. I couldnt care if anyone believed me. i believe him, because like i said before, my wife had seen a "clear as day" vision of a boy walking in our apartment. My daughters have also seen this as well.its not shadows, theres not even noises. i dont know what to make of it. I had my camera set up in an amauter way before, and still got nothing. Even though my son would come to our room running and crying. its hard to understand, and explain. im sure im in the minority here, but i dont care. I know what were going through. Now not to make it sound dramatic and all, but it doesnt ruin our everyday life. Other then my son not being able to stay in his bed all night, and my daughters from occasionally. Idk if its still bothering him,whatever it may be, or if hes having nightmares of it. its EVERY night though. The only thing i can say ive seen(which like i said, im the only one that hasnt seen this boy or entity here) was one time i was in and out of sleep, and my door faces my kids door, and i looked towards and i saw a tall man, with a blueish grey face. Long curly black hair,tall and strong.His face had no features at all, sort of like a blank muppet. i yelled to leave my kids alone, only to have my wife slap me out of it.lol...it couldve been a dream, idk. i wont put too much into my stuff, cause im naturally imaginative. But my wife is anti sci fi, and science. and my kids arent into anything but hanna montana,spongebob, and anything disney. idk..still no answers..

When you say your wife is anti-science, what do you mean? Like that she won't allow for conventional medical treatments, vaccines, etc? Or she won't use computers or math?

Your experience is really creepy. I don't believe in ghosts at all, but the whole "blue boy" thing gave me goosebumps. Even if something doesn't exist, just the idea of it is creepy.

Let me clarify. When I mean she's anti science, I mean she has no real interest. When I asked her if she wanted to dig into these expierances,she refused. And still, after what she's seen, she refuses to speak on it. Before these events, she was anti sci fiume didn't like sci fi movies, didn't like anything that suggested anything paranormal. She just had no interest and didn't believe. So when she told me what she saw, it caught me off guard. She's the lAst person IDE think to believe . Idk what to do. As I'm typing on m iPhone now, my son is sleeping next to me. And I feel bad cause he can't go a whole night without waking up. Even if I stay next to him All night, he'll still wake up to see if were close. Idk man.. Idk ... Thanx for ur comments guys. Appreciate it.

On the Off chance that this is truly paranormal or psycological or both I'm gonna say something. I know I give room to the paranormal and state what I believe and I don't lie. But, at the same time I am extremely Skeptical of any and all claims of the paranormal. In some ways my skeptisim is stronger than a true unbeliever in that I analize things that happen to myself or friends and baiscally keep a grey area file that is neither "I believe" or "it's debunked." But, for what it's worth I thought I would share this. It's not pleasent to me and for a long time I honestly tried not to think about or talk about it. So, in case this actually helps here goes:

My grandparents lived in a very rural town in North Alabama at the foot of the Applacian mountain chain. Coal mining country. The little town had pretty much boomed at the start of the last centuray and died with the mines. My grandmother was a member of a very pentacostal Christian church with roots in North Alabama and Tennessee and North Carolina. (no snakes though) :) Anyway, man who lived with his mother and was a little slow in some things but a very nice person and older than me went to the church. Hell fire and brimstone and yet some of the hyms they sang and traditions are now pretty much lost or at least very isolated. Anyway, I used to take long walks in the country and talk with him. His mother died and he was extremely depressed. He would get up very early but would go back to bed by lunch time and that would be it. Anyway, I got a job with the city of my birth in the library about 20 miles away and went to live with my mother (Don't worry my mom was a very errrrr....lets just say religion and gushy affection were not issues in her house.) I however, would soon meet the girl I was to marry and started to attend a more "educated" and progressive church. One day I get off work and I have this thought that (Larry, which is not his real name) was going to kill himself. It was really strong. So, I drove the 20 miles to his house. I walked in and there was a shot gun in the hall leaning against the wall. I talked with him and I prayed and he said he was not in good shape but that he promised he wasn't going to do anything stupid "that day or night" He really seemed tormented and there really did "seem" to be demonic energy or any other name you want to use. However, I left and a week or so went by and I didn't hear anything more from him and he was a grown man and so I let it go. One night after the library closed I came home and my mother said "Larry killed himself today. He shot himself" It was with a handgun and not the shot gun that he had promised he wasn't going to use. It was as if the moment she said that I felt the oppresive presence and intense fear. It was as if demons from hell were chasing me and angry that I had dared to intervene. (Let me pause here. I don't go to church these days. I'm not a biblical literalist and I am agnostic on the existence of demons and evil spirits.) But, whatever it was spritual, pshycological it was real to me at that time. Anyway, later in the week I was at supper with the pastor and some church folks after the service. We would often go somewhere after church and have a good time and eat and it was a young and energetic church group. Matter of fact the pastor and the band were part of the "Jesus" people movement from the early seventies. Anyway, I tell the pastor what is going on with me. He says lets go outside. He and I and a lady who was one of the worship leaders got into his car. They started to pray. I actually felt an extreme Pressure build up in the car. We called on the Holy Spirit and all of a sudden the pressure intensifes and then it's just gone. I was "released" the demonic energy was expelled. I have been free ever since of that fear and dread.

So, I tell you that story to tell you this. Find a spritual adviser that you trust. Christian or other, just somebody you honestly trust. I recommend Christian or Catholic simply because they have a respect for the reality of spiritual warfare. Now this may not work for you. I honestly don't know but I'm telling you this in case you need to hear it.

Finally, was what I experienced a real spiritual event? Yes! Was it Psycological? Yes. Do I believe it was literally spritual? Yes and no. I am more holistic in my worldview these days. I don't see demons or angels or an angry god or coninving devil behind every bush or cloud. I am well educated and especially when it comes to the psychology or things. But, this happened and this is what I present to you. If it helps then God bless. If it doesn't then at least you can continue your search for relief and release.

and I have this thought that (Larry, which is not his real name) was going to kill himself
Interesting story. Thanks for sharing. From your narrative I'd say you picked up on 'Larry's' emotional state. You saw the situation he was in. You subconciously projected and predicted what he might do. It then hit you conciously he might be suicidal and you did your best to intervene.
'Spiritual advisers' are great as long as they are a well-meaning person.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

because like i said before, my wife had seen a "clear as day" vision of a boy walking in our apartment.
That is one creepy story. What can you do except monitor the situation. I'd caution against taking action that might make it worse. I'd suggest trying to keep as detailed a record of events as possible. Maybe take notes with dates and times. I know it's not much help, but I'd suggest remaining as passive about this as possible. Record events and see where it's going.

I believe you and think there is something in your house. Can you gather the children in whatever room seems to have the most disturbance and tell the spirit/being/entity/energy that this is your house and it needs to leave? It might do the kids good to hear you say this if nothing else. If there is something there, it just might leave.

I'd second the suggestion about keeping a record of the events. That's always a useful thing to do. Other than that, even though you've tried the digital camera - maybe you could give a go to a bit different setup. My friend was playing along with a web camera and found a program that records a snapshot every time it detects a change in pixels. He's using it to monitor his pup while he's away from the apartment. Maybe you could try using that in your kids' room.

And I couldn't quite get it from the posts if you're kids are all sleeping in the same room or do they have rooms of their own? Looking at the posts I can't really see which is the case. If the latter is, maybe a good thing to do is to put all the kids into a single room. The company of others during the night could alleviate your son's fears.

And finally, as Hotkafka suggested, maybe you should try to find some open-minded professional support.

Back