• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Real Help, and Advice.

The One

Paranormal Novice
Ok, first off, i dont expect most of you to believe me. Even i think i sound crazy, but the circumstances regarding the last week have been fascinating, and scary as well.Scary, in a sense that, its more unknown to me.When it came to ghost stories, ive always been a skeptic.Like i said in a previous post regarding sleep paralysis, my wife had an encounter with what she thought was a ghost of a young boy in our apartment(this was 3 1/2 yrs ago)Now, fast foward to present day, about a week ago, i was awaken in the middle of the night to my 4 yr old yelling my name out at around 2am.when i instinctively jumped up and ran to her room, she was wide awake and said there was a boy in the hallway looking at her.This made the hairs on my wifes neck stand up, cuz she had expeiranced this before. I dismissed it though, as just my little 4yr old having a vivd dream. So NOW, last night, my 3yr old son, (whoem my wife was pregnant with when she had her ghost encounter) woke up around 1:30 am, screaming and running out his room full speed(he shares a room with his sisters)and while he screamed, my older daughter,7, screamed too. when i asked what happened, my son, in his best toddler talk, told me , quote"a boy dad, a boy try touch me"and my older daughter said she saw him too, and he wasnt transparant until i came running into the room and vanished into the wall by the windows. The thing that freaked me the most, was this morning, my son woke up and first thing he did was run back to his bedroom(he slept in our bed for the night)and look out his window, and asked me"dad, where the boy and the owl?" and i was completely wierded out by what he said.Now, the reason why i posted this, was because ide appreciate some real insightful information from people who may have had encounters like this. This phenomenom has peaked my intrigue, and rather then being scared, i wanna learn more about it. For the first time, at least from my perspective,i see credible accounts, from the people i love the most. Like i said, i know plenty of you guys will say im either lieing, or theres a logical reason why things r happening. Maybe, but i find it hard to believe everyone in my house has had an expierance(i havent seen him, but have sensed something maybe happening)and none of it could be credible, especially after my 3 yr old, and 4 yr old, who r as innocent as it gets, say they saw the same things in the same week. its unbelievably fascinating. So what should i do? what can i do, to possible validate these occurances, without, so to speak, possbly angering, any "spirit" or energy that may rescide here.(btw, i live in an urban environment, not a house, and research i looked into my area, and nothing significant has happened in terms of deaths in my immediate area.)
HELP PLEASSEEE! whats my next move? i was thinking of setting up my digital cam outside my kids room, but will that work??

At one time, it would have been claimed that your house needed exorcism.

Just out of interest, when your son talked about "the owl" what exactly was he referring to? Can you maybe ask him?

NB many people report essentially similar - even identical - experiences as those you describe.

i tried asking him, but its hard to ask a 3 yr old about it. He just looked out the window as soon as he woke up, and asked me where the boy was and the owl. We live on the 4th floor of an apartment building, so idk what he saw, and at night its reall hard to see anything out the window. where i live, theres a building to the side of my building, but a huge park/forest type of area behind my building. its wierd, but something is going on, i think im going to put a camera by their door an d see what happens. worth a shot.

i tried asking him, but its hard to ask a 3 yr old about it. He just looked out the window as soon as he woke up, and asked me where the boy was and the owl.

Yeah, three is pretty young.

Can I ask you: are you sure these phenomena are connected with the building? I suppose the only way you could be sure is if you were to spend a substantial time in a different location as a family. If there are no incidents, then it's probably location-related. If the same kind of events happen to your kids wherever they are, then it's to do with them.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

i think im going to put a camera by their door an d see what happens.

Been tried many many times with little result, but yes, do it. Make sure you never fail to turn it on - not even once. Resist impulses to put them to sleep in a different room, even once - or else move the camera to the new location.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Textbook screen memory, Archie?

Maybe. Not enough information here to even consider that at this stage. But many abductees, especially small children, report disturbing night-time bedroom encounters with other "small men" or "children" and report seeing owls staring at them through the window. However, this might be something else entirely. No way to know.

since it happens so often why have no cameras been set up to record these events?

Can you answer some questions?
Do you live near power lines or a major factory?
How old is your house as well as the wireing in your house?
Was there a noticeable temperature variance when your wife or children saw the child?
Was anything heard, did the child make any noise?

I know that these are all basic questions but better to eliminate the obvious and have that on record than not.

Do you have a pastor or clergy or spritual advisor that you trust? I'm not trying to go religious on you but if you do have somebody like that have them "feel" out your place by praying or meditating. If you are not comfortable with that then you might try your own meditation. But, be careful especially if you try it yourself because although it might be called pyscological by some and spritual by others you can still open up a can of worms.

ok i will answer all the questions being asked. We live near no power plant or or major facility.we actually live near a huge park that can be seen from my kids window(van courtlandt park to be exact) We live in a very urban environment. I live in westchester just outside the bronx(actually i live about 2 blocks from the bronx borderline)
the apartment building is pretty standard, 6 floors, and about 6 units per floor. I did research on my buildings history and it was first opened in 1968.Its a coop building. Now the temp. difference is hard to gauge because were in the dead of winter here in ny, so from time to time through the night it can get a bit chilly. My wife came within maybe 3 feet from it as it walked by her, and it didnt respond to her. She didnt remember feeling any significant cold temp drop. From what my wife and children said, no words were spoken.Infact, the entity wouldnt acknowledge anyone until my daughter said he looked at her from the hallway then ran away, and when my son told me it tried to touch him. Mind you, ever since my wife had her encounter 3 1/2 yrs ago, weve not had an expierance. Only recently, have we had clear cut instances of my kids seeing this entity. My wife hasnt seen it recently. Ive long suspected something off in my apartment latelly myself. Ive been having awkward sleep paralysis encounters, but wrote it off as just my imagination. Now to pixel, it hasnt happened so often, only this past week and a half, and only happened on two nightly occasions. Plus my digital cam isnt up to par, so i had to go out and buy one earlier today because i trully feel something fascinating is happening. My wife has NO INTEREST in speaking on it, for her, she doesnt want me to follow up on it. But i see this as a great oppurtunity to see something extraordinary. Idk, maybe im overstating it, but its hard to explain if you havent expieranced it. Now to respond to Archie, i wouldnt know if this would happen anywhere else, because for one, this hasnt happened often enough, though its happened only here,the instances are 3 1/2 yrs apart. The reaosn why i think they may be related is because my children said a little boy, the same entity my wife saw. And they were way too young(my son wasnt born yet, my daughter was only 1) to even remember or comprehend what my wife saw... Now, i had a small talkwith my older daughter,7, today, just to gauge what she thought( she said she saw the boy run into the wall by the window)She had told me shes seen moving shadows from time to time in her room, and would just cover her eyes and go back to sleep. Other then that, she said she never really saw a manifestation of a boy or anything other then what resembled shadows. Ive thought of the religous route, but honestly, my family isnt the church going type, tho we do pray before we eat sometimes, and pray before bed sometimes. So idk, when the next encounter will happen, if ever. But i will be setting up my digital cam to cover my hallway that seems to be, for the most part, the area where this entity roams through(other then my sons incident) Any more questions? i will answer anything to the best of my knowledge as i try to figure out whats going on in my place.

btw, nothing of significance has happened. Ive had my digital camera set up, and of course, nothing has happened so i look like an ass...well see, im going to keep at it. You never know

btw, nothing of significance has happened. Ive had my digital camera set up, and of course, nothing has happened so i look like an ass...well see, im going to keep at it. You never know

Awesome, sounds about right...when you are ready to collect evidence the occurrences stop

its frustrating because i dont expect anyone to believe me.I know its 100% credible because my own children and wife claim theyve seen it.I just need proof. Like i said, im going to keep at it, but in NO WAY, will i conjure anything tho.

Just out of interest, when your son talked about "the owl" what exactly was he referring to? Can you maybe ask him?

The Owl imagery associated with aliens has been around since at least 1957's Not of This Earth. See him around the 50 second mark just before the alien appears.

In an somewhat related note, intelligent Orbs who kidnap humans, paralyze them, and steal various body parts can be seen in the 1958's Cape Canaveral Monsters.

The Owl imagery associated with aliens has been around since at least 1957's Not of This Earth. See him around the 50 second mark just before the alien appears.

In an somewhat related note, intelligent Orbs who kidnap humans, paralyze them, and steal various body parts can be seen in the 1958's Cape Canaveral Monsters.

Great link!

Some would say that the 'phenomena' caused the creation of these TV shows...others that the shows created the perception of the phenomena. :D

Great link!

Some would say that the 'phenomena' caused the creation of these TV shows...others that the shows created the perception of the phenomena. :D

Both of the those were actual movies released into theaters rather than television shows. Many if not all of the components of modern UFO/Alien/Paranormal accounts can be found in sci-fi movies and comic books of the 1950s and early 1960s.

I bet you'd love Hollywood vs. The Aliens: The Motion Picture Industry's Participation in UFO Disinformation by Bruce Rux.

Ok, first off, i dont expect most of you to believe me. Even i think i sound crazy, but the circumstances regarding the last week have been fascinating, and scary as well.Scary, in a sense that, its more unknown to me.When it came to ghost stories, ive always been a skeptic.Like i said in a previous post regarding sleep paralysis, my wife had an encounter with what she thought was a ghost of a young boy in our apartment(this was 3 1/2 yrs ago)Now, fast foward to present day, about a week ago, i was awaken in the middle of the night to my 4 yr old yelling my name out at around 2am.when i instinctively jumped up and ran to her room, she was wide awake and said there was a boy in the hallway looking at her.This made the hairs on my wifes neck stand up, cuz she had expeiranced this before. I dismissed it though, as just my little 4yr old having a vivd dream. So NOW, last night, my 3yr old son, (whoem my wife was pregnant with when she had her ghost encounter) woke up around 1:30 am, screaming and running out his room full speed(he shares a room with his sisters)and while he screamed, my older daughter,7, screamed too. when i asked what happened, my son, in his best toddler talk, told me , quote"a boy dad, a boy try touch me"and my older daughter said she saw him too, and he wasnt transparant until i came running into the room and vanished into the wall by the windows. The thing that freaked me the most, was this morning, my son woke up and first thing he did was run back to his bedroom(he slept in our bed for the night)and look out his window, and asked me"dad, where the boy and the owl?" and i was completely wierded out by what he said.Now, the reason why i posted this, was because ide appreciate some real insightful information from people who may have had encounters like this. This phenomenom has peaked my intrigue, and rather then being scared, i wanna learn more about it. For the first time, at least from my perspective,i see credible accounts, from the people i love the most. Like i said, i know plenty of you guys will say im either lieing, or theres a logical reason why things r happening. Maybe, but i find it hard to believe everyone in my house has had an expierance(i havent seen him, but have sensed something maybe happening)and none of it could be credible, especially after my 3 yr old, and 4 yr old, who r as innocent as it gets, say they saw the same things in the same week. its unbelievably fascinating. So what should i do? what can i do, to possible validate these occurances, without, so to speak, possbly angering, any "spirit" or energy that may rescide here.(btw, i live in an urban environment, not a house, and research i looked into my area, and nothing significant has happened in terms of deaths in my immediate area.)
HELP PLEASSEEE! whats my next move? i was thinking of setting up my digital cam outside my kids room, but will that work??

I've been following your posts and would be interested to hear an update. As I'm a MFT therapist, open to exploring such phenomenon from a psychological angle, feel free to PM me if you'd like to explore avenues for support.

While nothing has come up on camera like i previously posted, my 3 yr old son has had trouble sleeping. He recently stood over his aunts house and she told me he couldnt sleep, asking her where was the boy, and that the boy wanted to get him. Ill say almost every night, hes found his way into our bed,he cant handle the whole night in his own bed. Now i dont allow my kids to watch any horror flicks, or anything that may scare him. If he does watch any tv, its a cartoon or something from disney. My interest would also not reflect on him, being as i just said, i dont expose my kids(hes way too young anyway) to anything of that nature. The thing im concerned about is that my son hasnt slept well, and keeps mentioning he saw the boy and owl by his window. I dont see how he also couldve seen out the window at night, being that they have blinds and curtains, and hes unable to look outside, unless he opens them(and he doesnt know how to)
Like i said, all i can do is make it a nightly ritual to set up the digi cam by the kids room door, and see what happens. I know it sounds wierd, but i cant help to think, that this supposed entity is purposely not revealing itself because i have the cam set? idk, is anyone, SERIOUSLLY, and i mean SERIOUSLLY, expieranced in anything related paranormal wise? i love the comments, but i need real insight because i feel this is very real, and its bothering me now because my son is having trouble sleeping(my other 2 girls arent having trouble even tho they had encounters aswell)

Back