• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ray Stanford has a photo of the Socorro craft & Martin Willis has seen it and is impressed but...

Really??

Does anyone have a link to the presentation referring to the use of Kodachrome Colour Slide film (ideally with an indication of the time at which Kodachrome film is mentioned)?

(I've found a few relevant podcasts on Youtube, but they tend to be two hours long or longer so I'd rather not listen to the entirety of all of them in the hope that on them contains this snippet...).
Here is the link:

Start just before the 44 minute mark, so if you start at the 43 minute mark you won't miss anything about the details about these photos. You need to listen for about 7 minutes to the 51 minute mark to get everything about it.

One last thing I need to clarify. These are the 2 photos taken months after the incident, but the film that was used two months later may or may not have been 35mm Kodachrome Slide Film. Some Kodachrome slide film was used immediately after the incident, see 15min mark, but the film used two months later by Ray is not given in this presentation. I'm still guessing whatever film Ray used two months later that it was definitely not specialized high resolution fine grain film that I speculated about in my previous post, so the image quality will be extremely poor of an object miles away taken with a 50mm lens.

Getting a high resolution scan of the original slides or film [scans of the negatives] would still be interesting to see online for free, so I'm not suggesting the 2 images should be withheld from anyone. High resolution original scans that are unaltered and not enhanced should be released online of these 4 objects. But seeing 4 objects in the sky miles away, which these slides or photos claim to show, may be real "air craft" of some kind. Maybe these four unidentified "air craft" [you might suggest UFO's though no proof of flying] were operating and posing for Ray and Hynek months after the original Socorro sighting too?

I found it quite interesting that Ben Moss himself said that Ray has a history of attracting UFO's too! Very interesting. It's almost as if "they came" just to pose for Ray's camera? Seriously, Ben suggested this idea of UFO attraction that Ray has. If true, then I'm guessing some select Humans are having a good time being the tricksters with this Socorro UFO incident.

Last edited:
Here is the link:
Start just before the 44 minute mark, so if you start at the 43 minute mark you won't miss anything about the details about these photos. You need to listen for about 7 minutes to the 51 minute mark to get everything about it.

One last thing I need to clarify. These are the 2 photos taken months after the incident, but the film that was used two months later may or may not have been 35mm Kodachrome Slide Film. Some Kodachrome slide film was used immediately after the incident, see 15min mark, but the film used two months later by Ray is not given in this presentation. I'm still guessing whatever film Ray used two months later

Okay. Thanks. That link was very useful. I hadn't realised that the relevant photo by Ray was just an enlargement/enhancement of part of one of the photos in Ray's book. I've just spent the last few minutes enlarging and enhancing the relevant part of the photo printed in Ray's book and, well, I'll will not be spending any more time on these issues for now.

I hope that there is a written report at some point which covers basic details like the film used by Ray for the relevant photo a few months after the Socorro incident. (I'm not going to listen to the entirety all of the podcasts and videos trying to find such basic details).

I would find it amusing if your understanding is correct and Ray did indeed use Kodachrome Slide Film...

In my mind, the thing that gives Socorro a prosaic origin is the description of loud, roaring engines and a plume of flame coming from the craft. No craft that is capable of interstellar travel is using 1940's Earth technology. Now if the description said something about "completely silent" and "no visible means of propulsion" I might feel diferently.

I hope that there is a written report at some point which covers basic details like the film used by Ray for the relevant photo a few months after the Socorro incident. (I'm not going to listen to the entirety all of the podcasts and videos trying to find such basic details).
If you listen to the presentation with the link I provided, then there is an explanation given for the missing 4 objects in the book. It is that the publisher thought these were airplanes or aircraft, so these were removed from the published photo.
I would find it amusing if your understanding is correct and Ray did indeed use Kodachrome Slide Film...
Actually, my understanding is we definitely do not know what film was used for Ray's photos that were taken months later. As I said, no information is provided about those specific photos.

The reason I was confused about Kodachrome film in a previous post, see 15min mark in presentation, is someone else used the same exact type of camera and lens with Kodachrome film just after the initial event took place within a day or two or less. That Kodachrome film was not returned by the military, and Ray did not take those pictures.

So, I really do not know what film Ray was using for his photos taken months after the event. Though, I definitely do not believe the film that Ray used was a high quality fine grain film.

Does the image seem very sharp in the book you have? What is the quality of that photo?

50 mm lens not 35. The color film is from a craft filed outsise an aircraft window. It is not related to Socorro. Ray did some work on the original but the new image was with an imaging expert, not Ray. In both direction of approach and exit there are objects in the air. My gentlemans,agreement with Ray is on his timetable but I am confident 2016 is the tear of release. There is new evidence in addition to the pics concerning the metal shavings in the rock and a 3rd party scientist who has new info. Tony is still working on this with me and he and I are presenting our Socorro update at the symposium in August. Not much more to be said till then.

And Creepy, one engine with the blue flame lifted it up and set it down, but that went silent and the craft accelerated probably using a secondary engine like all of our trips to the moon and Mars have done. The blue flame did not have any characteristics of a fuel or propelent based tech, according to Ray it could have been accelerating sub atomic particles at a relavistic speed. It knifed into the ground and did not have a flame that spead out to burn everything in site. It did slice and char a creosite bush in half and those do not cook easily.

50 mm lens not 35.
I certainly have not stated otherwise about the lens being 50mm. But the camera uses a 35mm film format -not the lens.
The color film is from a craft filed outsise an aircraft window
What specific film did Ray use to take the picture of the 4 objects? Was it color or black and white film? Was it slide or print film? What brand and specifications and specific film was used? [We already know it was 35mm format, but we need the specifics, please.]

The information can still be found on the edge of the film or the packaging from processing. Certainly Ray does keep very good notes from my understanding, so this information can be obtained one way or another.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I've just spent the last few minutes enlarging and enhancing the relevant part of the photo printed in Ray's book and, well, I'll will not be spending any more time on these issues for now.

Any chance you could post your scan just so we SOME idea what's being talked about here?

Any chance you could post your scan just so we SOME idea what's being talked about here?

Well, that's fine with me but I don't want to annoy Ray...

If Ben or someone else in contact with Ray can check, I can upload the relevant photo.

Heck, IF RAY GIVES HIS PERMISSION, I can upload a searchable PDF version of his entire Socorro book - which has been out-of-print for quite a while - to a free file storage website (such as Box.com) within a few minutes.

Well, that's fine with me but I don't want to annoy Ray...

If Ben or someone else in contact with Ray can check, I can upload the relevant photo.

Heck, IF RAY GIVES HIS PERMISSION, I can upload a searchable PDF version of his entire Socorro book - which has been out-of-print for quite a while - to a free file storage website (such as Box.com) within a few minutes.

OH BS, if he published in a book and offered it for sale to the public, you don't need to bow down to him and ask his permission to post his previously publicly published photo.

Post the damn scan, it was in a book already. Who cares if he gets annoyed. Everything annoys him, just ask Tracy Torme. If we are going to have to worry about annoying Ray every time we want to approach this topic, then forget about it.

OH BS, if he published in a book and offered it for sale to the public, you don't need to bow down to him and ask his permission to post his previously publicly published photo.

Post the damn scan, it was in a book already.

Look, I'm just trying to be polite to/about Ray and his copyright.

As I said above, I'm happy to post a scan of the relevant photo from Ray's book (or, for that matter, the ENTIRE book as a searchable PDF) if Ray simply gives his permission. Since his book is out of print, I'm not aware of any rational reason why he would not give his permission. However, he has not given his permission yet.

I'm not trying to unhelpful and, frankly, am (in the light of what I've seen and heard about this photo and about Ray more generally over the years) not very interested in Ray's photo.

Pending Ray providing that permission to post a scan from/of his book, what I think I can do at the moment is simply post a screen shot from the video at the link kindly provided by Honey-Pot above of the presentation by Ben Moss - which shows the relevant photo from Ray's book. (I've included the time code so that you can watch that bit of the video - for what it is worth...).

socorro photo video presentation.JPG

Last edited:
Look, I'm just trying to be polite to/about Ray and his copyright.

As I said above, I'm happy to post a scan of the relevant photo from Ray's book (or, for that matter, the ENTIRE book as a searchable PDF) if Ray simply gives his permission. Since his book is out of print, I'm not aware of any rational reason why he would not give his permission. However, he has not given his permission yet.

I'm not trying to unhelpful and, frankly, am (in the light of what I've seen and heard about this photo and about Ray more generally over the years) not very interested in Ray's photo.

Pending Ray providing that permission to post a scan from/of his book, what I think I can do at the moment is simply post a screen shot from the video at the link kindly provided by Honey-Pot above of the presentation by Ben Moss - which shows the relevant photo from Ray's book. (I've included the time code so that you can watch that bit of the video - for what it is worth...).

socorro photo video presentation.JPG

Sheesh...forget I asked. If that screen shot is of the photo in question it definitely wouldn't be worth it anyway.

so what I've learned here is that Koi is still operating from a gentleman's gentleman perspective, Honey Pot and withoutlimits09 have got the photography components down, which is why talking about this in elaborate detail like there's some kind of proof to be blown up from this film that will change the world is categorically ridiculous. somewhere about 15 pages ago that was established but...

the optics say it all and everything else is just about Ufology chasing its ego tails and making more egotistical tales about them. nothing more to see indeed.

so what I've learned here is that Koi is still operating from a gentleman's gentleman perspective, Honey Pot and withoutlimits09 have got the photography components down, which is why talking about this in elaborate detail like there's some kind of proof to be blown up from this film that will change the world is categorically ridiculous. somewhere about 15 pages ago that was established but...

the optics say it all and everything else is just about Ufology chasing its ego tails and making more egotistical tales about them. nothing more to see indeed.

Back