• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for the 5th Anniversary Show?

I guess that the standard and expected route would be to consider and re-evaluate what's happened in ufology over these 5 years. Apart from the current 'alien abduction' debacle, there hasn't been much really.

Maybe some questions about 'where' the guests were in 2007 relating to their ideas and speculations and whether they've changed their perspectives? Do they expect a shift in perspective in the *next* 5 years? Is ufology (for want of a better word), ever going to overcome the divisions and squabbles? Who are the people to look out for in the next generation of commentators/researchers? If hypnotic regression is to be out in the cold, what will replace it as a valid research tool and who will be the next generation? Do the interdimensional and transpersonal hypotheses have any more expectations of progress than the ETH?

Has the 'business end' of books, dvds and conferences taken a hit by the rise in internet forums? It seems to me that a new book comes out and needs the internet to promote it. The downside is that the more interesting parts of the book are then used in promotion and featured on forums and blogs to the point that sales can be negatively affected. If this is the case, where do the guys see the income required to support research coming from? Is the future of ufology in the next five years a going concern or will it stagnate?

I know that none of these are new questions in the field, but given the diverse perspectives of the guests the discussion could be interesting.

I guess lastly, I'd like to say thanks to all involved in the show. Since listening to the paracast, a lot of my perspectives have been changed.

How has your opinion on the paranormal evolved over the last few years? What did you think was real and have since discovered was not, and vice versa?

Good questions Angel. I would enjoy hearing those answers. I know my personal opinons have certainly undergone some changes over the past several years.

Yeah the woods/Jacobs thing has been done to death. Also i hope Paul Kimball is in a better mood then we was on Greg's show last Sunday. Going from negative Nancy in the first hour that no questions we ask will solve anything to
alternately almost blowing the hosts of the other para show and what a great job they've done with the woods fiasco. He even said he liked the hosts sense of humor directly contradicting what he said on Don's show almost a year ago.

Egads i have a long memory.

I would like to Gene air his experiences with Carol Rainey and the decision for the article to be not only written but the decision of the other para show to publish it right now with Budd literally in no position medically to defend
himself.

How about ending the show with something positive and get back to the roots of why the guests and Gene and Chris are interested in this field and site some truly anomalous cases and or experiences they have had the KEEP them in the
field and wanting to learn more.

Yeah the woods/Jacobs thing has been done to death. Also i hope Paul Kimball is in a better mood then we was on Greg's show last Sunday. Going from negative Nancy in the first hour that no questions we ask will solve anything to
alternately almost blowing the hosts of the other para show and what a great job they've done with the woods fiasco. He even said he liked the hosts sense of humor directly contradicting what he said on Don's show almost a year ago.

Yeah and especially since Jer dissed him big time on his v-log just recently. (@ 6min 15s on Jer's Paratopia Vlog #10 - 01.24.11-available via YouTube))

We have absolutely no interest in Paratopia or the hosts/purveyors of same. That's a subject I don't think we need to touch. We don't want to give them the benefit of any extra publicity. This is an episode where you'll hear discussions for serious people by serious people. :)

Hi Gene, Chris, Greg and Paul,
Happy 5th Anniversary:)

Q.1 Gene whats your thoughts on Ufology since you first became interested and what's your thoughts on on future computer developments?

Q.2 For all whats your favorite UFO case and worst?

Q.3 For all best sci-fi movies and worst?

Cheers,
BF

We have absolutely no interest in Paratopia or the hosts/purveyors of same. That's a subject I don't think we need to touch. We don't want to give them the benefit of any extra publicity. This is an episode where you'll hear discussions for serious people by serious people. :)

I would definitely like to hear your interactions with Carol Rainey Gene, since it goes directly to her credibility and reason for writing her article. Oh BTW although i genuinely was trying to make a point about Paul's attitude recently it was meant as a rather tongue in cheek joke.

I would definately like to hear your interactions with Carol Rainey Gene, since it goes directly to her credibility and reason for righting her article. Oh BTW although i genuinely was trying to make a point about Paul's attitude recently it was meant as a rather tongue in cheek joke.

It was just the two emails that I mentioned in another thread. Period. I told her that her argument is with Hopkins and Jacobs. Never heard from her again.

Happy 5th guys!

How about;
1.Could you list some of the more pertinant reasons why the field of Ufology has been bogged down for several years?
2. What do you guys think it would take to get it moving in a more ....productive(?) direction....or at least begin to gain some acceptance in the mainstream?
3.If that's impossible, why is it currently impossible and what would it take to make it probable?
4. Who would you guys say are the Top 5 researchers of all time? Or who are the best today?(I can understand how that might be a minefield.... if you want to skip that one).
5. What do you guys see in the future for The Paracast? Are there any goals maybe that the show is striving for?

Looking forward to the show!

My first question to you guys would be if you learned anything new or peculiar after conducting these interviews. If so, who was the guest/person that gave you new ideas or insights ?

Also, I want Gene's Opinion which one won the worst episode of the Paracast award yet.

David should of course be mentioned as well, if he wants to.

Anyhow, 5 years and stronger then ever, keep on truckin'.

He even said he liked the hosts sense of humor directly contradicting what he said on Don's show almost a year ago.

Actually, no contradiction at all. I didn't like what they did with Sitchin, which was the topic of discussion a year ago, although Don did most of the talking on that. I also find Vaeni's sense of humour puerile at times, and not funny at others... and then there are times, at least in the past when I listened, that I found some of what Vaeni said to be amusing (his old Culture of Contact podcast days), or spot on, like his Greer rants. I don't listen to their current show, so I have no idea whether it's funny or not.

These things aren't some sort of manichean "yes / no" or "black / white" thing. Humour is a moving target, even when it comes to a particular person. There are even some Patton Oswalt skits I don't like... and I'm a big fan.

Dear Gene & Chris

If you were to give a message out to all the young people out there, whoa re living on the fringe (Me being one of them), what would that message be. Pertaining to the realm of UFOLOGY. Do we carry on your torches, or do we let it die?

Dear Gene & Chris

If you were to give a message out to all the young people out there, whoa re living on the fringe (Me being one of them), what would that message be. Pertaining to the realm of UFOLOGY. Do we carry on your torches, or do we let it die?

We need people like you to help us learn how to better communicate with the younger generation. That's the first part of the request — how to frame the message.

Actually, no contradiction at all. I didn't like what they did with Sitchin, which was the topic of discussion a year ago, although Don did most of the talking on that. I also find Vaeni's sense of humour puerile at times, and not funny at others... and then there are times, at least in the past when I listened, that I found some of what Vaeni said to be amusing (his old Culture of Contact podcast days), or spot on, like his Greer rants. I don't listen to their current show, so I have no idea whether it's funny or not.

These things aren't some sort of manichean "yes / no" or "black / white" thing. Humour is a moving target, even when it comes to a particular person. There are even some Patton Oswalt skits I don't like... and I'm a big fan.

Always the lawyer Paul...

You said on Dons show that you thought Veani is not funny, on Gregs show you said you thought Veani was funny. Seems clear to me. Come on Paul it's ok , you can admit you were wrong on this little thing. :p And i think you say Greer rants you mean his opinion of Greer back in the Culture of Contact days and not him mocking Greer for being gay. I also haven't heard the current show in years.

Congrats on the 5 year anniversary. I have listened to many of the early episodes. And recent interviews were well done as well. Alot of free MP3s to downloand and listen to at work or on the bus. And it has all been worthwhile

Keep up the good work Gene and Chris.

Some thoughts on the new generation of UFO researchers. Do they even exist? I work at a large <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">State</st1:placeType> <st1:placeType w:st="on">University</st1:placeType></st1:place>, and in my experience it seems like the generation entering the work force either does not believe in the UFO field, or they believe, but have no reason to investigate. They do not share the "Big Brother Government" control theory, and although they might have no problem agreeing that we are probably being visited, (or have seen this for themselves), they keep it to themselves, or to there tight circle. I can see that in another ten or twenty years, when all the UFO greats have passed away, no more conspiracy books, or conventions, or (gasp) talk radio shows. Just acceptance, and letting our little gray friends do there thing with out a second thought. pb<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Back