• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Robert Hastings

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
We've scheduled Robert Hastings, author of "UFOs and Nukes," for this week's episode. We'll be recording the show on August 4th, and I'm sure you listeners have lots and lots of questions.

Hi Gene, Chris & Mr Robert Hastings,

Q.1 Mr Hastings have you got eyewitness accounts of UFO interfrence of Ordances bases prior or during WW2?

Q.2 Mr Hasting how many eyewitness accounts of UFOs being around Ordance Bases have you collected so far and do you think these encounters were more prevliant during the Cold War or more today?

Q.3 Mr Hasting did any of these eyewitness ever suggest the chemical properties of these Ordance supplies were being altered due to these so called UFO encounters?

Some suggested questions for your guest:

- Do you think its plausible to conclude that UFO sightings over military/nuclear bases are more common due to the fact that they are heavily watched facilities?
- Some have proposed that the UFO phenomenon is, in some way, a by-product of the nuclear age (large increase in sightings since the mid-forties). What are your comments on that?
- Have you considered the possibility that sightings over nuclear bases may be related to enemy activity and/or secret operations by the US to obtain data on the security levels of those facilities or psychological warfare, for instance?
- If the UFO phenomenon, whatever it is, seems to be interested in nuclear development/technology, what purpose do you think that would serve? Is it monitoring our capabilities (a flagship concept of some ETH proponents)? Is it, as some science fiction writers have portrayed in their works, trying to avoid nuclear holocaust and possible danger to Earth or other planets? In short, do you see any discernible reasons behind the events you have investigated?

Thanks.

Could some of the UFO reports over ICBM bases be a result of secret US government projects? Possible activities might include elaborate security exercises or tests of electronic countermeasures.

Also:
Why do ET ships need running lights?

Awesome!!!! I will definitely be listening. Ask him about Nick Cook who thinks that all kinds of advanced antigravity technology (of earthly human origin) has existed for decades.

did anyone shoot at the UFOs over the ICBM bases? if not, why?

did anyone try to take a photograph or video? if not, why?

are there security cameras on ICBM bases? if not, why?

Is there any evidence of a USAF or Homeland Security response to UFOs over ICBM bases? Has anyone leaked what the procedures and protocols are for these events? If this is a reoccurring thing I would think that a planned response has been put into place. Certainly it couldn't just be to ignore it.

Hi,

I´d like to ask Mr. Hastings 2 questions.
1: Are there any official military documents available that prove that these incidents actually occurred or all reports just just based on hearsay, and if there are any, where can i find them ?
2: Have any of these incident been reported outside of the US ? If so where, when, etc ?

I do not know if my question is too late but I would like to hear your opinion regarding a connection between nuclear testing and secret government projects related with the supposed underground Dulce base in New Mexico and the possible link to a high cancer cluster area on the Native American reservation in that local (I believe the Apache)?

What do you think the government is doing in Dulce and is it nuclear and alien related? Are they performing illegal nuclear testing projects on the reservation because they can't get away with it as much on US soil? Is the alien connection there related or a decoy?

Desi

I'm not sure if Mr. Hastings has ever addressed this, but which UFO "hypothesis" does he believe is the most plausible? ETH, cryptoterrestrials, dimensional travelers, etc...

I would also like to second the question Facius_Cardan asked, which is essentially, Why the hell would whatever "they" are care? Sure, we have nukes and are capable of destroying ourselves, but so what? If these UFO-operators really thought we were such a nuisance and a safety-hazard, wouldn't they remove us from the equation? I don't see any plausible explanation for UFOs to be messing with our weapons systems just to "teach us a lesson" or to "warn us". Please explain your theory on this.

If we or anybody else had done to any other population what has been done to the Native American there would be an international howl. (imo) Also, I agree with the "why would the aliens care" points of our nuclear capability. Unless, of course it's the ole X Files type thing playing out. In that case the shadow government and the aliens are playing games and sending signals to each other. NO, I don't believe that but I do miss the X Files.

Question: Given their aloof behavior and the reports of incredibly large UFOs isn't it likely that whoever is behind the UFO phenomena is not interested in human society so much but rather in the Earth's resources?

Question: Have you run into reports of UFOs over Nuclear Power Plants?

Mr. Hastings, considering some of the reported sizes of UFO's, such as massive triangles and "city sized" rectangles, what are your thoughts on where these craft come from or go to before and after their sightings? I've heard proposals such as "the dark side of the Moon" or "down to the ocean floor" but considering humanity's technology and ability to track even the smallest man-made objects such as unmanned probes, these explanations seem to fall short. Could the sudden appearance and disappearance of massive craft imply either a type of cloaking technology or extradimentional "hidie-holes" that they're popping out of and back into?

The show was a travesty. Chris O'Brien stoops to calling James Carlson "Emma Carlson" without even considering the evidence that James has presented in his detailed research.

Ufology and More | Reality Uncovered has completely torn up Robert Hastings so-called strongest case -- Malmstrom. The only evidence Hastings has is hearsay while the only two direct witnesses at Echo Flight have completely disowned Hastings and have stated that there was only a missile shutdown -- nothing else.

To make any claims otherwise is a fabrication.

I can understand that Gene and Chris feel on the defensive for their Phil Imbrogno Imbroglio which is getting castigated elsewhere (news to me except on theparacast radio show) but clearly the ad hominem attack against James Carlson by Robert Hastings should not be enabled by the radio co-hosts. Instead the actual content of James Carlson's research should have been presented -- at least to demonstrate that Chris and Gene are aware of James Carlson's information. It was a classic case of anger displacement by Gene and Chris -- upset about their Phil Imbrogno incident they want to take it out on James Carlson. Too bad this is a big mistake because Ufology and More | Reality Uncovered completely exposes Robert Hastings' supposed evidence as only hearsay and Robert Hastings lives in his own fantasy world regarding his claims.

So Robert Hastings's claims are worse than Phil Imbrogno -- which only makes this episode too funny in my opinion. I assure you people outside the little paracast forum club are laughing hysterically at this podcast show. Hastings just goes on and on in his obsessed rant without presenting any real evidence and the hosts just sit back and take it all in -- hypnotized.

For those who want to do real analysis -- check out Ufology and More | Reality Uncovered for there plethora of articles -- including the most recent interviews with the only two witnesses to Robert Hastings' supposed strongest case -- Echo Flight. Haha. Eric Carlson and Walt Figel both blatantly dismiss Robert Hastings arguments.

The show was a travesty. Chris O'Brien stoops to calling James Carlson "Emma Carlson" without even considering the evidence that James has presented in his detailed research.

Ufology and More | Reality Uncovered has completely torn up Robert Hastings so-called strongest case -- Malmstrom. The only evidence Hastings has is hearsay while the only two direct witnesses at Echo Flight have completely disowned Hastings and have stated that there was only a missile shutdown -- nothing else.

To make any claims otherwise is a fabrication.

I can understand that Gene and Chris feel on the defensive for their Phil Imbrogno Imbroglio which is getting castigated elsewhere (news to me except on theparacast radio show) but clearly the ad hominem attack against James Carlson by Robert Hastings should not be enabled by the radio co-hosts. Instead the actual content of James Carlson's research should have been presented -- at least to demonstrate that Chris and Gene are aware of James Carlson's information. It was a classic case of anger displacement by Gene and Chris -- upset about their Phil Imbrogno incident they want to take it out on James Carlson. Too bad this is a big mistake because Ufology and More | Reality Uncovered completely exposes Robert Hastings' supposed evidence as only hearsay and Robert Hastings lives in his own fantasy world regarding his claims.

So Robert Hastings's claims are worse than Phil Imbrogno -- which only makes this episode too funny in my opinion. I assure you people outside the little paracast forum club are laughing hysterically at this podcast show. Hastings just goes on and on in his obsessed rant without presenting any real evidence and the hosts just sit back and take it all in -- hypnotized.

For those who want to do real analysis -- check out Ufology and More | Reality Uncovered for there plethora of articles -- including the most recent interviews with the only two witnesses to Robert Hastings' supposed strongest case -- Echo Flight. Haha. Eric Carlson and Walt Figel both blatantly dismiss Robert Hastings arguments.

I've read up on Carlson and his claims. Though I'm not really a "UFO" guy, from my outsider's perspective this has become a he-said/he-said debate. Hasting's has the greater number of witnesses with the same amount of credibility presented by Carlson, which in my book put's Hasting's in the fore. I've no opinion about Hasting's comments about Carlson's lack of mental reasoning, however, and questioned that when Hasting's brought it up in the program. Bottom line, from the information I've read and gathered, I'm far more likely to believe Hasting's and his research over the debunker-comments claimed by Carlson and his equally credible sourcing.

As far as this episode being an example of anger displacement to "recover" from the Imbrogno fiasco in some way, that's about the most ludicrous claim I think I've heard on these forums so far. Not to defend Gene and Chris too much but, to say that they're shifting attention away from Imbrogno's disgrace by attacking someone like Carlson is logically unsound and invalid regarding any genuine argumentative stance. Here, Mr. Hempel, it seems that you have taken personal offense to the attacks against Carlson and are now trying to resort to the same tactics in a pretty desperate and pathetic fashion. Perhaps you should just stick to the topic at-hand...

Getting back on topic, as far as Carlson and Hasting's debate, as I said, from what I've read and looked into, Hasting's wins the debate hands down. Then again, I'm just going off of what was written.

My 2 pennies.

I've read up on Carlson and his claims. Though I'm not really a "UFO" guy, from my outsider's perspective this has become a he-said/he-said debate. Hasting's has the greater number of witnesses with the same amount of credibility presented by Carlson, which in my book put's Hasting's in the fore. I've no opinion about Hasting's comments about Carlson's lack of mental reasoning, however, and questioned that when Hasting's brought it up in the program. Bottom line, from the information I've read and gathered, I'm far more likely to believe Hasting's and his research over the debunker-comments claimed by Carlson and his equally credible sourcing.

As far as this episode being an example of anger displacement to "recover" from the Imbrogno fiasco in some way, that's about the most ludicrous claim I think I've heard on these forums so far. Not to defend Gene and Chris too much but, to say that they're shifting attention away from Imbrogno's disgrace by attacking someone like Carlson is logically unsound and invalid regarding any genuine argumentative stance. Here, Mr. Hempel, it seems that you have taken personal offense to the attacks against Carlson and are now trying to resort to the same tactics in a pretty desperate and pathetic fashion. Perhaps you should just stick to the topic at-hand...

Getting back on topic, as far as Carlson and Hasting's debate, as I said, from what I've read and looked into, Hasting's wins the debate hands down. Then again, I'm just going off of what was written.

My 2 pennies.

I first read James Carlson online with a thread I started back in 2006 -- Debunking the Disclosure Project Debunking the Disclosure Project - Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums

There are now a plethora of people who have researched Robert Hastings claims and found Robert Hastings claims to be hearsay -- nothing more. There's no real evidence and beyond that -- beyond all the discrepancies -- the main witnesses have clearly stated that the claims of Robert Hastings have no merit. Yet Robert Hastings continues to claim that Walt Figel and Eric Carlson support his views -- this is beyond inaccurate but a bold gesture to a mythical reality.

Ufology and More | Reality Uncovered is full of new research debunking Robert Hastings -- again there are new interviews and emails from Walt Figel and Eric Carlson -- the only witnesses at Echo Flight at Malmstrom. There was no "security guard report" as Hastings has claimed. The only witnesses there saw nothing that Robert Hastings claims they saw.

O.K. lets be clear -- Robert Hastings inaccurately claims in his paracast interview that Eric Carlson supports his views.

Here is Eric Carlson:

Eric: There were no reports called in to either me or Lt Figel on the morning of March 16, 1967. The report that we had lost ten missiles is accurate. It was not uncommon to lose one missile or even two to no-go status, it was unheard of to lose all ten.

I recall that both Lt Figel and I were Kept rather busy completing our checklists, which included calls to the wing command post and maintenance control. Shortly after completing the check lists we received a call from the senior controller at SAC headquarters, a general. He wanted to know my status and I informed him that E-2 thru E-11 were in no-go status. He asked me if I was sure and how did I know they would not launch.
I advised him that my tech order indicated they would not launch. I am sure he was concerned because our targets would have to be covered by someone else. He then asked it E-1 would launch and I advised him that that was the launch control center where we were. I recall wanting to tell him that I sure as hell hoped it wouldn’t.
The Alleged UFO Sighting and System Failure

Ryan: The stories claim that when Figel called the security guard on the surface, the guard reported that no maintenance had taken place and that a UFO had been hovering over the silo. Do you recall Figel making this phonecall, and did he tell you that anyone on the other end of the line mentioned anything about a UFO?
Eric: There was no call, at any time, telling us about any UFOs.

An Interview With Malmstrom AFB Witness Eric Carlson Reality Uncovered

O.K. Eric Carlson was there yet Robert Hastings is misrepresenting him.

O.K. Walt Figel, again, the only other witness there at Echo Flight, says the same thing -- none of the claims of Hastings are supported: The Echo Flight UFO Debate Continues Reality Uncovered
James,
First – your dad has not lied about anything nor do believe that he is even capable of lying about anything at all. He was, is, and always will be an honorable man. You should remember that always – I will.
Second – Bob Salas was never associated with any shutdown of any missiles at any time in any flight and you can take that to the bank. Just think about this for a split second. He is a person wrapped up in UFOs to the Nth degree. Yet he could not remember he was not at Echo. Then he thought he was at November – wrong again. Then he thought he was at Oscar – wrong again.
Third – There is no record about anything happening at November or Oscar except in people’s minds that are flawed beyond imagination. Salas has created events out of the thin air and can’t get the facts straight even then. My best friend to this day was the flight commander of the 10th SMS at the time. He and I have discussed this silly assertion in the past couple of years – he thinks it is all madeup nonsense for sure. I put both Salas and Hastings in touch with him and he has told them both that an incident at November or Oscar never happened. In addition he was subsequently stationed at Norton AFB where the engineers tested the possible problems. No little green men were responsible.
Fourth – I have always maintained that I do not nor have I ever believed that UFOs exist in any form at any place at any time. I have never seen one or reported that I have seen one. I have always maintained that they had nothing to do with the shutdown of Echo flight in Montana.
Fifth – The event at Malmstrom has a hand written log from me that was turned in just like all the other logs that I wrote over several years. I would think that if I wrote something like that in the log, there would be copies, it would have been classified at the beginning and then released along with the classified SAC messages and base reports. Nothing in that urgent SAC message even hints of UFOs at all and I think that it would if the official logs or telephone calls had referenced that fact.
Sixth – When it happened, neither your dad nor I were “visibly shaken” by the events. It was just another day with a unexpected event in our lives. It was rather underwhelming at the time. No one rushed out to see us, no one made us sign any papers, no one interrogated us for hours on end.
There is no Air Force “cover-up” it just did not happen the way Salas and has portrayed the course of events. I am sorry that you are all caught up in a pissing contest with these people, I really am. They are just not going to let go no matter what you say or do. He has made a 15 year career pandering about the country talking about things he has no knowledge about. I am not at all interested in taking them on – it’s not worth my effort – I have more important things to do with my life. I much rather just stay out of it.
Hopefully, we can move on. I did read about a briefing on the 27th here in DC. I am here in VA about 10 miles away. Interesting. Hopefully this helps you and confirms to you at least that your dad is a straight shooter and does not lie to anyone.
Sincerely,
Walt Figel

Talk about the Twilight Zone. The Imbrogno issue is an episode unto itself. It has nothing to do with Robert Hastings, James Carlson or any other subject. I do not feel we have to defend anything. Imbrogno brought on his own misery. Period. That some other shows and sites are living in denial about the issue is their problem, not ours.

I first read James Carlson online with a thread I started back in 2006 -- Debunking the Disclosure Project Debunking the Disclosure Project - Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums

There are now a plethora of people who have researched Robert Hastings claims and found Robert Hastings claims to be hearsay -- nothing more. There's no real evidence and beyond that -- beyond all the discrepancies -- the main witnesses have clearly stated that the claims of Robert Hastings have no merit. Yet Robert Hastings continues to claim that Walt Figel and Eric Carlson support his views -- this is beyond inaccurate but a bold gesture to a mythical reality.

Ufology and More | Reality Uncovered is full of new research debunking Robert Hastings -- again there are new interviews and emails from Walt Figel and Eric Carlson -- the only witnesses at Echo Flight at Malmstrom. There was no "security guard report" as Hastings has claimed. The only witnesses there saw nothing that Robert Hastings claims they saw.

O.K. lets be clear -- Robert Hastings inaccurately claims in his paracast interview that Eric Carlson supports his views.

Here is Eric Carlson:

An Interview With Malmstrom AFB Witness Eric Carlson Reality Uncovered

O.K. Eric Carlson was there yet Robert Hastings is misrepresenting him.

O.K. Walt Figel, again, the only other witness there at Echo Flight, says the same thing -- none of the claims of Hastings are supported: The Echo Flight UFO Debate Continues Reality Uncovered

Have you ever been in a Ordnance Base? Restricted weapons area? Maybe listen to more than one witness who have seen these strange awareness something happening what it is who knows!

Back