• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Nick Redfern About The "Real" Men in Black

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
So Nick has a new book coming out this month, entitled "The Real Men in Black."

We'll be recording an episode with Nick primarily covering the book on Thursday, June 9, 2011.

Please post your questions about his book and his research here.

Hi Gene, Chris and Nick,

Q.1 Nick ,your thoughts about WIB ?

Q.2 Nick, your thoughts on the Staffordshire UFO sightings and was there any MIBs epsiodes during the 1960s-1970s? and current thoughts on Roswell?

Q.3 Nick, have you experinced any wow :) during your investigations in searching for so called animal, Yeti/Bigfoot creatures?

Nick,

Do you have any stories about "Men in Black" operating in and around Boulder CO? When I was in college around 1993 some friends told me a story about a house in Boulder where they would see these MiB guys go in, but for as long as they watched, would not come out. Alot of strange stuff went down, they assumed a base of some kind was underneath the house. Even weirder they witnessed a fight between one of the men with something like a lightsaber. ( Very odd )

Whitley Strieber spoke about something similar, and recently wove the tale into his novel "The Greys".

I know, very strange, but there you have it. So in short, any MiB tales from Boulder CO?

Thanks,

Brian

Found Nick's description of Cormons in "Three Men Seeking Monsters" (great book) evocative, and wonder about his thoughts on how thought-forms, tulpas and Cormons tie in with the paranormal in general and Men in Black in particular.

Secondly, has he come across anybody anywhere besides Sarah Graymalkin who has used that term?

Thanks!

1 -- During an MIB visit, what type of credentials are usually shown or from what agency/organization do they claim to work?

2 -- How many cases of MIB activity have been reported by credible sources since 2000. Are these reports plotted on a map and if so do they display hotspots or flap like clusters? If there are hotspots or flap like clusters do they correspond with other phenomenon hotspots or flap like clusters?

3 -- Is this phenomenon reported outside the US? If so, is there a socioeconomic/demographic boundary where we see this phenomenon increase or drop off?

4 -- I often hear that they wear non-desrcript clothing (thus the MIB moniker), but have they ever been seen to carry equipment, wear watches, talk on phones, or utilize technology in any way?

5 -- Is there a certain make/model of car they drive? Any variation in this across the US or the world?

I'll stop at 5... for now :)

I'd like to hear Nick's thoughts on the Area 51 book's claims about Roswell.

Also, his opinion on the value of using of anonymous sources, and what standards should be used.

Nick,

Do you think that the m.i.b. phenomenom leads to a viable explanation that time travel ( from us or them!) is at least one explanation of sorts, mainly,

1. The generic 50's 60's fashion style would suggest that whoever is coming back is getting close to, but not quite hitting , the fashions of the decades, being content to just being 'close' to contemporary fashion, same would also be true of the cars.

2. The fact that a lot of these early visitations ended with the m.i.b's stating they were 'running out of energy' and then hurriedly leaving, to just disappear into thin air.

3. The fact that they are able to be on the scene or property of a witness so soon after the sighting, sometimes before the witness has even reported it, suggests a knowledge of the event far in advance of its occurence.

Like to hear what you think of this possiibility, its something that has always been a slight theory of mine.

Many thanks guys.

I enjoyed Nicks recent stint on dreamland, and wonder if he would care to further elaborate on what he thinks what we call death may have or not to do with the phenomena

1. Do you have any Karla Turner Men in Black accounts?

2. l realize that this is a little out of left field. Do you have any idea why John Keel's books aren't being reprinted? It seems like there is a large enough interest that someone would put those back into publication. I wonder who has the rights to Operation Trojan Horse for example and how we could get them interested in putting out a new edition.

3. Given the dubious nature of some of the early MIB reports, do you think a large percentage of the phenomena might be more closely linked to human deception than the paranormal?

My question Is Nick, Have there been any reports in england at all, Being english as well I havent heard of any and if there is do the sightings happen in the country or city more?

My questions to Nick are "Does the MIB phenomenon predate the assumed UFO Era and how far back does it go?"

And, "Why does it permeate popular culture so much as in the MIB movies and Abram's TV show "Fringe?"

A few questions for Mr. Redfern:

1. Have you considered shaving your head and going bald, or would that cause too much confusion with another certain "Nick" who is deeply involved in the paranormal field?

2. It seems the phenomena of the Men in Black is little more than an intimidation factor. Have there been any reports of a "fearless" victim of the MiB's confronting the Men, either by trying to take their photograph or asking them to further identify themselves, etc? If so, what was the result?

(lastly) 3. Are there any reports of violent confrontations against Men in Black, either by the approach of a fearless witness hinted at above or as a means of the MiB's intimidation taken to the next (violent) level?

<meta charset="utf-8">Wait a minute. Is Redfern the bald one or is Pope?? See......I'm confused already!?

I think it's a Men in Black conspiracy!!

Has there ever been an instance of a "retired" MIB coming out and publicly divulging information about himself, how he became a MIB, who he answered to, etc.?

Why Men in Black? Which, okay that might sound like an obvious and / or shallow question, but are there any theories for why a secret organisation would use such a consistent image as to permeate so entirely into our collective consciousness, rather than changing and adapting their image to be more readily obscure?

My guess is because of Albert Bender. He started it all, the religious visions of earlier times are replaced with a current paradigm...

Dale

What is the incidence of MIB reports in countries other than the United States? particularly Latin America.

The only MIB report from Mexico that I'm aware of happened in 1975, when a Mexican pilot named Carlos Antonio de los Santos had a CEII encounter with 3 UFOs while flying his Piper airplane en-route to Mexico city, and proceeded to take 'control' of the plane for several minutes. The objects were tracked by the Airport radar as they 'separated' from the plane and fled in the direction of mount Popo. The plane presented bumps in the fuselage and damage to the landing gear that proved it had suffered an impact in mid-air.

1974.jpg

It is important to mention that this particular case was personally investigated by Dr. Hynek, who flew to Mexico and met with UFO researcher Pedro Ferríz to interview the witness. Maybe Hynek's involvement was the reason the MIB's bothered to harass this witness in the first place...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_uEGTLp57c

[Excerpt of original recording from the audio transmission between De los Santos and the airport's control tower]

[Translation:

00:14-- Mexico Center, from the Extra Bravo Extra Alfa Union (XB-XAU) Mayday Mayday Mayday!

00:19-- Go ahead XB-XAU. What is your emergency?

00:28-- Mexico Center, from the XB-XAU, I'm surrounded! Mayday!

00:32-- XAU XAU. proceed

00:37-- XAU, Mexico Center, proceed

00:41-- XAU I'm apparently flying without control, the plane is without control, I'M NOT CONTROLLING THE PLANE!

00:48-- I have 3 unidentified visual objects flying around me

00:54-- I have 3 unidentified visual objects flying around me

00:58-- One of them rushed toward the plane and it hit me on the lower side of the plane

01:02-- It stays (close to) the landing gear

Back