• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Mark Phillips from "My Ghost Story"

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
On Wed., May 2, we'll be recording an episode featuring Mark Phillips, an award-winning producer who is currently working on "My Ghost Story," described as Biography Channel's highest rated program.

This may be a lighter weighted program than what we've done lately, but there will be lots of fascinating stories available, and it will be nice to explore how these shows are set up direct from the source.

What is the process for finding Ghost Stories worthy of bringing to the screen? How are stories submitted?

Do you have anything to do with Celebrity Ghost Story?

Is it a challenge to come up with a season's worth of shows?

What was the most convincing story that you have heard so far?

Which also raises my follow-up question, which is why do we often depict ghosts as wearing the clothing in which they died, such as the example in the "Being Human" TV series?

But I also wonder what is supposed to happen if the ghost changes her clothes or tries to in that show? Have they covered that in either the American or UK versions -- trivia lovers???

Why are ghosts so shy? What's the reason for all this flitting about? Do only dead anthropophobic people produce ghosts?

Whose experience -- of all of your interviews -- did you find the most convincing, and which case do you think has the best/most verifiable case evidence for?

and do you think there is more than one explanation for ghost-like activities?

Hi Gene, Chris & Mr Mark Phillips,

Q.1 Do you think sleep paralysis/ substance/medication might be some of the culprits of these so called Ghost appearances?

Q.2 Mr Phillips have you received any physical marks or broken items in your home etc from so called Ghosts presence?

Q.3 What types of colours if any of the so called Ghost which you have investigated and does it leave any markings /prints for example on a dusty wooden floor , wall markings/ sand impressions in the location where your reports of so called Ghosts sightings?

Cheers,
BF

Do you think ghost stories are just another form of entertainment or might there be more to them? Any own experiences?

Do you research the details narrated in personal ghost stories? What if you find there might be a prosaic explanation?

Do you think that "proof of the afterlife" could eventually come from "ghost stories" or "ghost hunters" type TV formats?

Why are there so few scientifically oriented documentaries on the topic but so many "reality shows"? To be honest, I avoid the latter entirely, although I'm interested in the field because of own observations.

Is it wrong to say that TV producers have no interest whatsoever in informing the public about real phenomena or contributing to (para-) science?

What happens to all the alleged evidence recorded in "ghostly" TV shows (EVPs, "orb" footage)? Is there any place these recordings are gathered and made available for scientists or amateur researchers like me? If not, do you think something like that could be put up?

1. Can you tell us, in your opinion and thus the context of that particular episode, what you consider as the difference between the finding of "ghostly" phenomenon and or "Demonic" manifestation?
2. Do you believe that ghosts are always benign and that anything which has to do with a physical attack, such as say for instance, scratchings, are done only by Demonic activity?
3. What measuring tool do you utilize in order to finally accept a story for your show. Is it based on eyewitness reporting, physical evidence, or a combination of many facets?

Hi! My question:

Hello. Ghosts, ghouls, spectres have always been a part of humanity and a facet of every culture, it seems like they are built into the fabric of society yet due its temporal, translucent and ethereal nature have never been taken too seriously. I would really like to know from an experiencer and as a professional in the field as to whether Mark feels that apparitions are a natural anomaly or entity rooted to a material place outside of the experiencer or maybe it is a shared psychological occurring phenomenon created by the witness or witnesses a form of collective subconscious tulpa.

Thanks!

Mark: I would like to know if there were any ghostly stories that ended up on the cutting room floor that interested you, but couldn't be aired. If so maybe you could tell us a ghost story in which no one else has heard yet.

Back