• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Imbrogno & Guiley

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
We will be taping an episode this coming Tuesday evening with Phil & Rosemary--covering mainly their new book The Vengeful Djinn: Unveiling the Hidden Agenda of Genies. Please post us your questions to ask them concerning this little-known subject of the djinn., but we will also spend some time talking w/ them about their many years of field investigations, their extensive research work and their theories that address non-ET (?) phenomena.

Rosemary--a seasoned field investigator--has written over 40 books on the paranormal (including several encyclopedias) and Phil gets my vote as one of the best investigator/thinker/author/scientists working in the field today.

Chris, I have a question, but must preface to say that I have not read this book, though the topic is fascinating. I know that they mention plasma as a possible scientific equivalent for folkloric accounts of "smokeless fire."

Have the researchers made a connection between the "smokeless fire" of the Djinn (e.g. Surah 55:15) and the burning bush episode of Exodus (3:1-21; the bush that is not consumed (not smoking) by fire)? I think that the similarity may underscore a more widespread folkloric or mythological trope in the Near Eastern religions; there are many indications of volcanic deities being worshiped in ancient northern Arabia and southern Palestine. They may have looked into this already, but I thought it would be worth mentioning.

Chris,

There is a belief that the incorrect practice (or over practice) of various styles of Qigong ( Chi Kung, Dao Yin & Wu QinXi ) or yoga can induce what has been called " zuohuo rumo” or “Qigong Disease", a qigong-induced psychosis.

This is rumoured to be caused by Djinn attaching themselves to the Chi created by the inexperienced practitioner, in effect possessing the individual.

Usually this disease manifests as a form of psychosis, however it can also cause visual & auditory hallucinations similar to an abduction experience, seeing balls of light, sleep paralysis, missing time etc.

I was wondering if you could ask Phil & Rosemary, if during the course of their research they came across any instances or stories of Djinn Possession and what their thoughts on this are?

Further info is available here…
http://www.thejinn.net/chi_jinn_my_story.htm
http://www.thejinn.net/truth_about_spontaneous_chi.htm
http://www.qigonginstitute.org/html/papers/Qigong&Neurologic_Illness.pdf

I haven't read much of Phil's work, so I apologize if this question is pedantic and has been covered in the past.

Q: Where do abductee and Djinn narrative's (from purported contactee's) converge and diverge?
Q: To what degree do you think culture and psychological processes influence the motifs in which these encounter episodes manifest?

Hi Chris.
Could you ask Phil if he thinks the military units assigned to track or capture the Djinn have had any success? In other words have they ever captured a Djinn?
Also, is this just confined to the US?

Hi Gene & Chis,

Q. Phil & Rosemary how do these alleged Dijnn move around (consciousness, magnetic fields, dimensional) ?
Q.Do you find the Dijnn in other cultures in different forms around the World?
Q.Could this be in some cases what the so called close encounters witness such as the Betty and Barny case ?

Ask Phil just how much a believer he is in the Djinn legends. From hearing him talk on a recent Dark Matters he had a true believer sound to a lot of what he was saying. I've always had a lot of respect of Phil's work. Is this a case where he has real evidence that has persuaded him that these things are real and the stories about them have some validity and if so what is it? I have to tell you, when people start talking about inter-dimensional grudges and what have you I wonder just how this information can be assessed to any reasonable extent.

Back