• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Col. John Alexander?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
John Alexander's new book is out. As many of you know, he is one of the more intriguing figures in the shadowy realm of the paranormal and UFOs as it relates to classified gov/military/aerospace. i.e., he worked for NIDS as a managing director and was directly involved in the "skinwalker ranch" case, was involved in non-lethal weapons development at Los Alamos, etc. Can't wait to read this new book!

UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities
Foreword by Jacques F. Vallee
Introduction by Burt Rutan
Commentary by Tom Clancy

From Publisher's Weekly: "A former Green Beret commander and developer of weapons at Los Alamos, N.Mex., Alexander reviews major events in UFO history, finding both facts and flaws: The gulf between the public™s opinion of UFOs and what most scientists believe regarding them is cavernous. During the 1980s, Alexander organized an interagency group to explore the evidence, with participants from the military, CIA, and aerospace industry examining classic cases, including Roswell; the Gulf Breeze, Fla., photos; and unexplained incidents occurring within the U.S. strategic defense systems (such as sightings by NORAD installations), plus claims of reverse engineering on captured crafts; the Phoenix Lights, which Arizona's governor at the time admitted witnessing; and the documented radiation poisoning suffered by Betty Cash and Vicky Landrum after their reported 1980 encounter near Houston. Alexander succeeds in separating solid facts and credible witnesses from the myths and conspiracy theorists. Determining that UFOs, while real, are beyond current comprehension, he sees the extraterrestrial hypothesis as too narrow. UFOs remain an enigma, he concludes, since every time we think we have an answer, new observations make the problem more complex."

Some early reviews:
“John Alexander is the real deal. He doesn’t just talk the talk - he’s walked the walk. Here’s a man with a top secret security clearance who researched the UFO phenomenon and discussed it at the highest levels, in the shadowy world of military and intelligence which he’s inhabited for decades. Forget everything you think you know about UFOs - this insider’s account exposes the reality. And it’s a reality that will come as a big surprise. Packed with top grade information, insightful analysis and fascinating anecdotes, Alexander’s interesting and controversial book sets the gold standard for titles on this subject.” –Nick Pope, author of Open Skies, Closed Minds

“Col. Alexander’s data-rich book is a must read by anyone with even a passing curiosity about UFOs and the government’s involvement and knowledge of this controversial subject. Authored by a well-connected government insider with decades of access to senior military and civilian leaders, and who convened a highly-classified, officially-sanctioned UFO study group, Col. Alexander provides a firsthand, behind-the-scenes look at the intricate government/intelligence/’military-industrial-complex’ structure that emerges from his careful study. With candor and meticulous attention to detail, Col. Alexander shares his personal odyssey to determine the ground truth reality concerning the UFO enigma and the government’s role in it. The verdict: On the one hand he finds that our nation’s best defense assets unequivocally confirm the existence of UFOs as physical objects of extraordinary performance capability, apparently intelligently controlled; on the other hand he also deconstructs many of the field’s most vaunted myths and conspiracies that have grown up around this controversial and contentious topic. Believers and skeptics alike will thus find much here to challenge a priori assumptions.” --Harold E. Puthoff, Ph.D., Director of the Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin

John is kinda interesting - one of the original "Men who stare at goats". I met him a couple of times and had a beer with him once in DC. I like him; he's very smart, but gives little away.

Lots of people, including some solid credible people I know and respect, insist that he's a spook. His public attitude is broadly debunkerist, as far as official or behind-the-scenes government interest in the phenomenon is concerned. One thing I found curious was he attended the 1992 MIT Conference on abductions (chaired by John Mack and David Pritchard) and has never disguised his keen interest in the subject. Maybe he was there in a quasi-governmental undercover role - that might be an interesting line of enquiry.

Interesting Jacques Vallee has written the foreword. I always suspected John was the real 'Major Murphy' in Vallee's 'Messengers of Deception' as the views of the real John Alexander and those of Murphy reported in MOD were indistinguishable, he's the right age and it's exactly the role he would have played. Maybe you could put that to him (unless Jacques has subsequently IDd Murphy as someone else, and I never heard of it).

This might be inappropriate in a paracast interview, but you might ask him if the reputation his wife has for literally never eating anything is true (she's also said to describe herself as a practising witch, and bearing in mind all the other weird stuff John is into, that might be true too - but best steer clear of that).

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

With candor and meticulous attention to detail, Col. Alexander shares his personal odyssey to determine the ground truth reality concerning the UFO enigma and the government’s role in it. The verdict: On the one hand he finds that our nation’s best defense assets unequivocally confirm the existence of UFOs as physical objects of extraordinary performance capability, apparently intelligently controlled;

Revealing words, don't you think?

Looks like a good book. Been a lot of good ones the past several months. I'm reading something right now probably next to nobody around here has heard of; The UFO Diaries by Martin Plowman.

In Vallee's 'Revelations,' he writes about the 'Gulf Breeze Six.'

In 1990, six alleged US Army intel guys went AWOL from their base in Germany and were inadvertently busted for a traffic misdemeanor in Gulf Breeze, Florida. It'd be interesting to see if he can add more to the account.

Three questions for John

1) Is his wife really a vampire?

2) Has John done iowaska like his wife has, what experiences did he have if so?

3) What was his role in the Aviary and did he learn anything from that experience?

thanks Chris

Three questions for John

1) Is his wife really a vampire?

2) Has John done iowaska like his wife has, what experiences did he have if so?

3) What was his role in the Aviary and did he learn anything from that experience?

thanks Chris

Lol, I'm sure they'll get right on those questions.

I can't think of anything to ask the guy. But judging from the little bit I've read about his book his thinking on the alleged "government conspiracy" appears to be very similar to my own. I don't know why so many people can't at least entertain the notion that there are no saucers in bunkers, no ultimate verification sitting in a spook file, no agents sent out to infiltrate ineffective and tiny UFO organizations (If I were to believe the conspiracy theorists then there is no such thing as civilian UFO researchers because all of them have been accused of being government stooges at some point. "Hey, your opinion is different than mine. Disinformation agent!"), no interest in the phenomenon whatsoever. I know a lot of people find it impossible but it could very well be that UFOs mean as much to Uncle Sam as pocket lint does to you.

Thanks for your service Col.John Alexander:)

Q.1 What's your thoughts on Mr Ingo Swan's book Penetration and did you ever see any indications of past or future nuclear explosions in Space?

Q.2 Did you ever get feedback from your RV teams of encounters with "strange awareness" such as shadow people , et, other foreign RV during your Remote Viewing Sessions?

Q.3 Did you ever meet Col Corso in official capacity while in the service or any of the Paperclip scientist such as Von Braun?

Peace,
BF

Lol, I'm sure they'll get right on those questions.

I can't think of anything to ask the guy. But judging from the little bit I've read about his book his thinking on the alleged "government conspiracy" appears to be very similar to my own. I don't know why so many people can't at least entertain the notion that there are no saucers in bunkers, no ultimate verification sitting in a spook file, no agents sent out to infiltrate ineffective and tiny UFO organizations (If I were to believe the conspiracy theorists then there is no such thing as civilian UFO researchers because all of them have been accused of being government stooges at some point. "Hey, your opinion is different than mine. Disinformation agent!"), no interest in the phenomenon whatsoever. I know a lot of people find it impossible but it could very well be that UFOs mean as much to Uncle Sam as pocket lint does to you.

Actually wickerman there all legit questions,

1.) people have commented that his wife never seems to age and doesn't eat meals publicly, i know its odd but worth a laugh or 2.

2.) His wife was on C2C with George Knapp within the last year for 2 hours, she actually travels to (i think Brazil) to do iowaska, that is matter of public record, just interested if John has done it as well.

3.) It has been rumored for along time the John was part of the infamous aviary with Moore, etc. just wanted to hear what he learned from all of that.

All legit questions, well except the vampire one but its worth a laugh.

More on Colonel Alexander can be learned from an interview conducted by Sharon Weinberger and published during 2007 by the Washington Post. In an article titled, Mind Games, Weinberger wrote:

John Alexander, one of the people whom Harlan Girard holds personally responsible for the voices in his head, is at a Chili's restaurant in Crystal City explaining over a Philly cheese steak and fries why the United States needs mind-control weapons.

A former Green Beret who served in Vietnam, Alexander went on to a number of national security jobs, and rubbed shoulders with prominent military and political leaders. Long known for taking an interest in exotic weapons, his 1980 article, "The New Mental Battlefield," published in the Army journal Military Review, is cited by self-described victims as proof of his complicity in mind control. Now retired from the government and living in Las Vegas, Alexander continues to advise the military. He is in the Washington area that day for an official meeting.

Beneath a shock of white hair is the mind of a self-styled military thinker. Alexander belongs to a particular set of Pentagon advisers who consider themselves defense intellectuals, focusing on big-picture issues, future threats and new capabilities. Alexander's career led him from work on sticky foam that would stop an enemy in his or her tracks to dalliances in paranormal studies and psychics, which he still defends as operationally useful.

In an earlier phone conversation, Alexander said that in the 1990s, when he took part in briefings at the CIA, there was never any talk of "mind control, or mind-altering drugs or technologies, or anything like that."

According to Alexander, the military and intelligence agencies were still scared by the excesses of MK-ULTRA, the infamous CIA program that involved, in part, slipping LSD to unsuspecting victims. "Until recently, anything that smacked of [mind control] was extremely dangerous" because Congress would simply take the money away, he said.

Alexander acknowledged that "there were some abuses that took place," but added that, on the whole, "I would argue we threw the baby out with the bath water."

But September 11, 2001, changed the mood in Washington, and some in the national security community are again expressing interest in mind control, particularly a younger generation of officials who weren't around for MK-ULTRA. "It's interesting, that it's coming back," Alexander observed...

"Maybe I can fix you, or electronically neuter you, so it's safe to release you into society, so you won't come back and kill me," Alexander says. It's only a matter of time before technology allows that scenario to come true, he continues. "We're now getting to where we can do that." He pauses for a moment to take a bite of his sandwich. "Where does that fall in the ethics spectrum? That's a really tough question."

When Alexander encounters a query he doesn't want to answer, such as one about the ethics of mind control, he smiles and raises his hands level to his chest, as if balancing two imaginary weights. In one hand is mind control and the sanctity of free thought -- and in the other hand, a tad higher -- is the war on terrorism.
Weinberger is an investigative journalist and author of the book, Imaginary Weapons: A Journey Through the Pentagon's Scientific Underworld. The above article may be viewed in full at:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/10/AR2007011001399.html

I think it is important to be aware that military intelligence is indeed often a lifelong career, not a part-time job, when we are being addressed by members of the military intelligence community. This does not in and of itself indicate neither sincerity nor conspiracy, but it most certainly indicates that information contained in the books, presentations, speaking engagements and so on of such men and women has been preapproved by the CIA Publication Review Board, or PRB. The PRB has reviewed, edited and eventually approved works by President Reagan, Defenese Secretary Weinberger and even a spy video game in which, interestingly, former Director of Central Intelligence William Colby and KGB General Oleg Kalugin collaborated. If you are reading or hearing it from an 'insider,' it has been reviewed and approved. More on the PRB:

http://www.fas.org/irp/cia/prb-handbook.pdf

In Vallee's 'Revelations,' he writes about the 'Gulf Breeze Six.'

In 1990, six alleged US Army intel guys went AWOL from their base in Germany and were inadvertently busted for a traffic misdemeanor in Gulf Breeze, Florida. It'd be interesting to see if he can add more to the account.

I think the GB6 are among the most interesting, although curiously least popular, topics in ufology. There are many extremely interesting points of their saga. A good summary with supporting data and references was written by Philip Coppens and may be viewed at:

http://www.philipcoppens.com/gulfbreeze6.html

Alexander belongs to a particular set of Pentagon advisers who consider themselves defense intellectuals, focusing on big-picture issues, future threats and new capabilities.

"Until recently, anything that smacked of [mind control] was extremely dangerous" because Congress would simply take the money away, he said.

"I would argue we threw the baby out with the bath water."

But September 11, 2001, changed the mood in Washington, and some in the national security community are again expressing interest in mind control, particularly a younger generation of officials who weren't around for MK-ULTRA. "It's interesting, that it's coming back," Alexander observed...

Possible Question(s):

How could our capabilities for defeating Islamic extremists--especially in an isolated wilderness like Afghanistan, where the fighters are a crazy mix of technological savvy, exceptionally nimble adaptability in tactical planning, wrapped in very austere and archaic social, cultural, and religious lifestyles--be increased as a result of this "mind control" research?

Special Operations Forces have been called upon to take on a larger role in waging the war in these remotest corners of the world. Again, how might this "mind control" research help those men defeat the enemy when they are sent on such little-known yet all-important missions?

American SOF vs. Taliban Fighters
delta-afghanistan.jpg
Taliban-guerrilla-fighter-001.jpg

'Thanks' for the thanks, Christopher O'Brien, keiko and stiver. I sincerely appreciate it. I prioritize this subject matter for several reasons. I therefore have a personal appreciation for others who do the same and demonstrate a willingness to objectively review relevant information obtained from sources defined as credible by the professional research community. More on my views about the relevance of this subject matter to ufology shortly, but first...

I of course cannot speak for Alexander regarding your questions, jpw.in.wi, but I can direct our attention to a transcript from an interview conducted by CNN in October of 2001. The transcript states in part:

CNN: You have a particular interest in non-lethal weapons. Could you describe what these are and how they might be used in the war on terrorism?

ALEXANDER: Non-lethal weapons comprise a very broad category, and they can include chemical, electromagnetic, low-kinetic impact, acoustic, and some will even include information warfare. In the war against terrorism, I think they will be more important than ever before. Now, we should not be looking for the use of non-lethal weapons in Afghanistan. The war against terrorism is a very broad concept, and one that many in the media are missing. The majority of the war will be fought in the shadows and much will take place in major metro areas, such as London, Paris, Cairo, Los Angeles, New York, Washington, etc. The action there will be to root out terrorist cells.

In my view, we are likely to see an increase in hostage-taking, particularly as terrorists believe that they have been targeted and become frantic or attempt to escape or evade capture. Therefore, we need to have weapons capabilities that we can separate the terrorists from the innocent civilians who will eventually be co-located with them, and the non-lethal weapons will fit into that category.

...CHAT PARTICIPANT: Does the U.S. have the capability of using spy satellites to target and coordinate a direct strike on a individual target?

ALEXANDER: Oh yes, we do.
The full interview transcript may be viewed at:

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/COMMUNITY/10/03/alexander.cnna/index.html

Among the many ways I interpret military intelligence, and particularly the development of "nonlethal" weapons, to be relevant to ufology may be viewed at:

http://ufotrail.blogspot.com/

I encourage feedback and discussion.

I just noticed this guest was appearing after making my post about wanting to see a show about US Government's investigation/infiltration into UFOlogy. I'd be interested in any insight Col. Alexander may have in this area.

I'd also like him to comment on the involvement or interest of Star Gate personnel with UFOs.

In a series of blog posts for BoingBoing http://www.boingboing.net/author/jacques-vallee, Jacques Vallee presents a hypothesis that some crop circles might be created by military aerial device using focused microwave beams, using corn fields as a convenient calibration target. I would be interested to hear John Alexander's opinion on this hypothesis as an expert in non lethal weapons.

Back