• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Question For Chris O'Brien

nameless

Paranormal Adept
Hi Chris,

I was wondering if you could elaborate on your trickster hypothesis and how it relates to paranormal events particularly UFO incidents. When I went through a Clown research phase I found many ancient cultures have this character. It also appears heavily in pretty much all primary initiatory rites. The fool as the first major arcana also relates to the first steps in mystery school inititation. Could paranormal events which induce or trick us into believing or questioning reality be some kind of self initiatory phase or natural initiatory experience that has since been mapped, coded and occulted by previous ancient cultures? I guess this may tie in with the Chunkey artefacts in the previous show.

cheers

Could you please give the exact URL for the photo of the prairie dragons. I'd love to see it.
Still don't know what to make of it... the picture was one of several taken from the same spot within a few minutes of each other. This is the only one that shows anything out-of-the-ordinary. The only mundane explanation I can come up with is some kind of lens flare or reflection. This is the stretch of the road where "prairie dragon" type creatures/energies have been seen and reported, go figure....
Prairie_Dragons.jpg

The fool as the first major arcana also relates to the first steps in mystery school inititation. Could paranormal events which induce or trick us into believing or questioning reality be some kind of self initiatory phase or natural initiatory experience that has since been mapped, coded and occulted by previous ancient cultures?
Good observation. That makes sense to me. I also view the trickster as a mechanism that introduces change and novelty into any given scenario--including the paranormal. It would appear the experience of paradigm-shattering, tricksterish events could be initiatory as they seem to suggest there is hidden knowledge to be found if these events are studied, "mapped coded and occulted."

You should read my book....

Still don't know what to make of it... the picture was one of several taken from the same spot within a few minutes of each other. This is the only one that shows anything out-of-the-ordinary. The only mundane explanation I can come up with is some kind of lens flare or reflection. This is the stretch of the road where "prairie dragon" type creatures/energies have been seen and reported, go figure....
Prairie_Dragons.jpg
Thanks. They vaguely appear to be winged, like some sort of winged lizard. Maybe they are animals inhabiting a nearby dimension that bleeds through in that area.

Back