• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Pyramid like Anomaly On Mars

I would be surprised if Mars hadn't had life at one point. Or even still now. I just think it's likely microbial or simple multicellular at best.

I would be very surprised given the amount of material that has transferred between Earth and Mars if life hasn't been spread around both planets. We may never be able to tell where it originated, or if it hadn't arisen symbiotically. It would be cool if animal cells formed on Earth say, and Mitochondria were Martian.

I don't see Mars as being inhabitable long enough to allow large creatures to evolve with intelligence. And if it did, we'd likely see their stuff on the surface given it's low erosion. And if they made it into space, we'd be able to find their junk on Phobos and Deimos.

Just like I no longer think Earth had a prior spacefaring civilization in antiquity. We'd find their stuff on the Moon. If mankind Trumps itself out of existence and intelligent cockroaches take over 100MY from now, they'd still find our garbage on the moon.

Yes it could. In the last year JPL researchers have warned about the potentiality of such damage to humans from some substance or chemical process, the identity/name of which I've forgotten. Also, many Mars image researchers agree that there appear to be several types of extant humanoids there (some looking very much like us; some looking like grays but white in color). They are seen congregating on the surface at some sites in Gale Crater in mid-day and very often seem to be looking toward or at the rover. They are estimated to be somewhat smaller than us [some considerably smaller] and are often accompanied by children. Notably, in these sites in Gale Crater, there are visible openings/entrances either into a hillside or into the underground. Many such entrances are decorated and/or have partial coverings over them. Also interesting, the humanoids that look like us include both black and white 'races'. Time will tell.

I think you might be talking about gamma rays as that was the big news last year. As to cross-contamination, the Outer Space Treaty has been in effect for 1967 and deals with issues of contamination. If I recall correctly, the astronauts who returned from the moon were quarantined immediately upon their return to prevent the spread of potential lunar microbes.

Let us assume that that rock has lichens on it. Now we are not alone we have found life off earth. Why the hell does not call a press conference? Why hide it? The pic is Online! Millions can see the darn thing.of the untold millions why the heck can only one or 2 see lichens?
The answer is simple. .
Because there are no lichens to be seen.
The end

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

The answer is simple. .
Because there are no lichens to be seen.
The end

Maybe the next rover being constructed for the next JPL mission {a life-seeking rover, for a change) will send back data regarding lichens and other forms of life in Mars. So that would be another beginning, nicht wahr? We're far from 'the end' of this inquiry.

The science community reactions sometimes reminds me of the religious reformation
Luther and Science Keep an open mind we only investigated small elements of MARS.

That's interesting. Thanks for posting it. Hard to imagine many fundies reading it though.

Yep, it's "fun" to watch all the fundamentalists fuss over stuff like this. The Self Appointed Guardians of the Materialist Doctrine have determined, presumably through some process of reductionism, that Mars is dead. True Believers seem all too eager to accept silly notions of squirrels or shadowpeople roaming the desolate, rocky landscape our rovers and satellites show us. Large numbers from both camps can be found in church on Sunday. Myself, I think they're all missing an oar, but I'm just some anonymous nutjob who won't align himself with any camp that has beliefs based more on emotion than fact. Maybe Mars has Martians. Wouldn't that be cool! If they exist, they are better at concealing themselves than Bigfoot is. I don't have a problem with leaving the answer to some future time that has sufficient facts to make a determination.

Great response fresh breath of air instead science state police who fear any change even if small discoveries. Agree the other end Mars has hotels and Elvis appearing twice a week.

Last edited:
Great response fresh breath of air instead science state police who fear any change even if small discoveries.
You mean the same guys that would suddenly have their funding increase an order of magnitude overnight if life on mars was found?

There is no motivation for fearing it.

The tone reflect the manner and science was established to explore not control.
Science, like anything, follows money.

The first time we find life somewhere else people are going to go bananas, and politicians will fund all kinds of science towards that.

Control is about power and money is a good proxy for power.

Science, like anything, follows money.

The first time we find life somewhere else people are going to go bananas, and politicians will fund all kinds of science towards that.

Control is about power and money is a good proxy for power.
Now that depends who controls the power the fact science is still controlled by Government funding and big business there is still censorship of funds even in academics.

Now that depends who controls the power the fact science is still controlled by Government funding and big business there is still censorship of funds even in academics.
Of course there is.

My point is that politicians would be falling all over themselves to fund space science if life was found.

Agree the populist politicians would shove the scientist who discovered the break through (life on Mars etc ) to back doors and not even invite them to fireworks. Then if the results show another intelligence finds us on the menu they serve scientist souffle!

Agree the populist politicians would shove the scientist who discovered the break through (life on Mars etc ) to back doors and not even invite them to fireworks. Then if the results show another intelligence finds us on the menu they serve scientist souffle!
Why?

Back