• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Project Hamalot.

Cailean

Skilled Investigator
It's a role - playing game.

It doesn't matter to them whether someone is telling the truth or not, as long as it is entertaining.

And yes - I too have been to Mars...

Your move.

I'm glad you mention this Cailean,

I guess you are refering to the video David put on PTV. I watched it last night and spent about an hour and a half writing notes to then start a thread with my own observations. I got about 20 minutes into that video when I just couldn't take any more. I completely agree with Dave's comment on how Webre's eyes betray the sheer lunacy of what he had to say. I've seen eyes like that in every psych ward my poor father ever spent time in.

That man needs treatment, and Henry/Arthur whatever the f..k his name is wasn't far behind. The crap these guys were spewing first of all amused me then it annoyed me and then it dawned on me. My recent question in The Question Bank,(Big crunch or rip) is every bit as insane as their conclusions. :eek:

Hopefully I can acquit myself by saying this was just a question, and I will admit that
it came about because of my own vivid imagination and the obviously shaky drawing together of lots of bits of unrelated information thrown together in my mind and spewed out at you guys in the form of a question not a statement of belief.

Boy am I glad to have at least one foot on the ground, otherwise I might wind up like these crazies.

Mark

It's a role - playing game.

It doesn't matter to them whether someone is telling the truth or not, as long as it is entertaining.

And yes - I too have been to Mars...

Your move.

Mars is so 1987. Nothing much left there but a couple of beat up tourist traps. The Wyndham on Io is still the happenin' place in the solar system, but the recent currency mayhem has not made it any easier to fit into a normal budget. Avoid any "seafood" if you go. Yikes!

I'm glad you mention this Cailean,

I guess you are refering to the video David put on PTV. I watched it last night and spent about an hour and a half writing notes to then start a thread with my own observations. I got about 20 minutes into that video when I just couldn't take any more. I completely agree with Dave's comment on how Webre's eyes betray the sheer lunacy of what he had to say. I've seen eyes like that in every psych ward my poor father ever spent time in.

That man needs treatment, and Henry/Arthur whatever the f..k his name is wasn't far behind. The crap these guys were spewing first of all amused me then it annoyed me and then it dawned on me. My recent question in The Question Bank,(Big crunch or rip) is every bit as insane as their conclusions. :eek:

Hopefully I can acquit myself by saying this was just a question, and I will admit that
it came about because of my own vivid imagination and the obviously shaky drawing together of lots of bits of unrelated information thrown together in my mind and spewed out at you guys in the form of a question not a statement of belief.

Boy am I glad to have at least one foot on the ground, otherwise I might wind up like these crazies.

Mark
I understand what you're saying - I'm actually a bit concerned about the mental health of these people...

Mars is so 1987. Nothing much left there but a couple of beat up tourist traps. The Wyndham on Io is still the happenin' place in the solar system, but the recent currency mayhem has not made it any easier to fit into a normal budget. Avoid any "seafood" if you go. Yikes!
Don't forget to send me a postcard!

You know, all of this kidding aside, it makes me think that people are so deeply delusional, it's a miracle that anything gets accomplished on this planet at all. I suppose the money/greed motivation is critical to making sure that planes stay in the air and food is delivered to supermarkets, it sometimes seems that we're all one nervous breakdown away from obliteration. To think that all these people are so deeply immersed in some sort of consensual hallucination, just makes me feel unsafe and somewhat dirty. Webre is totally out of this mind - like I pointed out in that Paracast TV post, the look in his eyes is just scary. Dean is an attention whore, his body language speaks volumes. And that other guy - slamming down 180 mgs of morphine a day for years on end, that'll do a number on your brain. For chrissakes... it makes it almost impossible for anyone to take the field of paranormal study in any kind of a serious fashion.

Lately, I've really been feeling like doing the Paracast is like whistling in the wind... the crazies out number us a million to one. I mean, what's the point? :(

dB

You know, all of this kidding aside, it makes me think that people are so deeply delusional, it's a miracle that anything gets accomplished on this planet at all. I suppose the money/greed motivation is critical to making sure that planes stay in the air and food is delivered to supermarkets, it sometimes seems that we're all one nervous breakdown away from obliteration. To think that all these people are so deeply immersed in some sort of consensual hallucination, just makes me feel unsafe and somewhat dirty. Webre is totally out of this mind - like I pointed out in that Paracast TV post, the look in his eyes is just scary. Dean is an attention whore, his body language speaks volumes. And that other guy - slamming down 180 mgs of morphine a day for years on end, that'll do a number on your brain. For chrissakes... it makes it almost impossible for anyone to take the field of paranormal study in any kind of a serious fashion.

Lately, I've really been feeling like doing the Paracast is like whistling in the wind... the crazies out number us a million to one. I mean, what's the point? :(

dB

You know, you're right Mr. Biedny, it is almost impossible to take the paranormal seriously. I think it's because to alot of these people, belief in the paranormal, ufo's, all this stuff is a religion to them. It is a deeply held, cherished belief system that trancends all rationality.

A personal anecdote...my father is what many would call a hard core christian fundy. He became this way, he claims, because of a profound paranormal and religous experiance. Among other things, he claims to have been teleported, with my mother, two city blocks in a car thus avoiding a fatal traffic accident. He says he has witnessed many blue light orbs come to him while he was in deep prayer. He claims to have been visited by angels in human form who gave him prophecies, along with many other paranormal claims. I grew up thinking the end of the world was 3-5 years away because of these so called prophecies. I thought I would never marry, see my 18'th birthday, or do any other meaningful thing that we all strive for. You know how bad that messes up a child? Well lets just say I still suffer from some phsycological issues because of these things.

The thing is, my father is not crazy, stupid or a liar. He is simply self deluded, because he experianced some things he couldn't explain and jumped to conclusions that did not follow. So I see alot of the same stuff going on with people with regards to ufo's, ghosts, psy abilities, you name it. It is the same self delusion, confirmation bias, and cognitive dissonance I saw in my father my whole life.

You ask what the point of any of this shit is? Well maybe the answer is there isn't any point, we will never understand or know for sure what any of this means and we are just wasting time we could be spending on more important things in our lives.

Have a good one.

Thank you, Mr. Chud. That explains a few things. I don't mean this in any negative way, but I have been wondering why you were here. I have been wondering why I come here, too, so it's not a criticism. Your father has had some very interesting experiences, but unfortunately he chose to deal with them from a perspective that was more comfortable (to him) than it was useful. I think a lot of us here have had weird experiences, or have figured out by whatever means that the world does not work the way Officialdom tells us it does. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, and all that. I've had enough things happen to me that defy any conventional explanation that I know there is a lot more to life than we usually are able to perceive. I think such things happen to lots of people, but most folks don't want to deal with them so they convince themselves that their perceptions were faulty, or something like that. Many of my own experiences involved other "witnesses" who later convinced themselves that "it was just a plane," or whatever, in order to get on with their lives. They are not able or willing to deal with the uncertainty, or maybe they are just afraid of what they might find.

David, I know exactly how you feel. This field seems to be getting dumber by the day, but I suspect that's partly because more people are opening up their minds, which has the trickle down effect of giving a wider audience to the clowns and the mental patients and the hucksters. I note with sadness that over at ATS the management has seen the need to remind everyone that "racism is for ignorant tools," or something like that ;) instead of just banning the offenders. There are still some good folks over there, posting interesting links and comments, but they are outnumbered by morons 20:1 or more.

What is the point of all our efforts to seperate the signal from the noise? We have figured out that there is more to the human experience than we have been told, and that puts us way ahead of the people who rationalize away any bit of weirdness they encounter.

dB

David please dont despair,

It wont change anything, just be assured that what you and Gene are and have been doing these past few years IS getting through to many many people. Not enough yet granted but you knew this was no easy option, Seperating signal from noise and all that.

What you have created is perhaps just a small crack in the global filter
most folk choose to view this world through, but I am sure that in time, with faith and with all the positive reactions you get from newcomers and old alike, your approach WILL, MUST and DOES work.

I could hit you with a lot of sensitive Zen sayings right now but I think it more appropriate to lay a little body building philosophy on you.

No Pain No Gain.

We all feel your pain Dave (Well not the current one) but I am convinced that this quest for a better understanding is not only essential, it is meant to be. Sorry if I sound a little woo woo there, but that's what I believe.
Let the suckers wallow in their pool of lies, and and bask on their inflatable egos. Disney's dead, long live HD, you know what I'm saying.

Now as I'm sure our old friend Irishseekers would say.

"May the road rise with you"

Now, Shut up n play yer guitar, FZ :D

Mark

As soon as I saw those two buffoons along with Bob Dean, Henry Deacon and Webre in the same room, my brain instantly liquefied itself, terrified of the inevitable onslaught of stupid.

I lasted 30 minutes, the crazy was too thick.

Here's my honest take of the group:

Cassidy is a new age moron, there's nothing psychologically wrong, she's just ridiculously unintelligent and gullible to other people's stupid ideas.

Ryan is suffering from severe delusions, have you heard him talk about his "ET girlfriend" as he calls "her"?

Bob Dean isn't crazy, he's old, lonely and wants people to pay attention to him so he makes up stories.

Henry Deacon is suffering from pseudologia fantastica (compulsive liar). I don't think he's delusional because I don't get the impression that he believes the crap he's spewing. He sounds hesitant and unsure of himself which a delusional person wouldn't be.

Then we come to Webre, what a loon! My money is on delusions and full blown psychosis. He has absolutely no hold on reality.

Millions of people believed the earth was flat for millenia, that did not make it so. Chin up David. Never lose sight of the fact that the clowns are just clowns.

I was going to start another thread just to give a heads up to people ... but then again someone may have started one already which I may have missed ... maybe.

Anyway talking of crazies. Guess who Banal has on the last prog of his current run of BOA??? ... yes your favourite loonie tune and mine, John Learrrrrrrr.

Damn awful interview. Lots of "wow"s from Banal. But one thing Learrrrr mentions and which is kind of cool in a way is ... and get this hehe ... that we've all been to the moon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (yes ... i could continue with the exclamation marks/points but that would seem a little excessive :D).

Apparently those pesky greys abduct each and every one of us and take us to the moon for a check up. A sort of look over and service if you like. Thats one hell of a big operation and may mean there are a hell of a lot more greys than one could even be reasonably expected to ... expect.

Still who cares ... I've been to the moon !!!!!!!!! (enough with the exclamation points already :D).

[He is quite mad isn't he? ::)]

Lear is a fucking joke, and Binnall is an ass for giving him a platform.

"Wow", indeed.

dB

I'm just about to listen to the second half of the interview. I left it with them talking about some sort of cube (1 mile cubed) on the moon which is a collector of souls or some sort of shit. You tend to tune out after a while since your brain starts melting with all this total crap. Anyway I may have to listen again just to count how many "wow"s and "awesomes" come from Banals mouth orifice over the course of 2 hours.

He really is one hell of a clot (and yes I mean them both) ...

I never listen anymore to people like Lear.Why bother all you hear is nonsense. Listen to people who will give you insight, knowledge, and information.

The real problem I have with this Project Camelot gang is that they all dress like shite. For Gods sake, get rid of the hat. At least shower. Have a shave. Some deodorant and mouthwash. Make an effort.
Just because what you're saying is crap, you don't have to look like it.

Back