• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Politics & The CIC/Prez

Randall, since you clearly haven't any idea what really happened on January 6th, here's a link to the Select Committee report. Note that, while most members were Democratic, two were staunchly conservative Republicans (including the daughter of former Vice President Cheney) who agreed with the findings. Almost all of the witnesses were Republicans:

Gene — you're forgetting that I was the first one here to post on Jan 6th, after which I watched dozens of hours of live video followed by a bunch of news reports and the documentaries listed above. Meanwhile you still haven't caught-ion to how your beloved "fact checkers" spin their assessments with weasel wording and misdirection.

Perusing a number of "fact checkers" after your post, it was immediately apparent that they would make their goalposts so narrow that only their specific claim under review e.g. "ANTIFA Stormed The Capitol Building" or "ANTIFA dressed-up as Trump Supporters" could be defended. That allows them to ignore all the other instances they were there in some other capacity, not to mention that absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. The "fact checkers" use their tactics to steer opinion toward their favored narrative ( not the real situation ).

In short, my point was that there were several factions at the protest in various capacities, NOT that "ANTIFA Stormed The Capitol"

I gave you a link to the report. Your claims are indefensible. It is common for right-wing extremists to say, "It wasn't me, it was the one-armed man," meaning ANTIFA. Trump invited his followers to come to DC to support his false claims of election fraud. He said it would be "wild," and then, during his speech on January 6th, asked his followers to "fight like hell."

Almost all of those arrested and convicted of crimes admitted to being Trump supporters. There's just no evidence that any of these people were really ANTIFA people who impersonated MAGAS. Even Trump admits it, because he claims to want to pardon them if he ever regains power.

Almost nothing in what you say remotely resembles that really happened. Read the report I linked for you, and then come back and apologize for wasting everyone's time on nonsense.

Randall, here's some more analysis on the false claims you appear to believe:

Gene — as you've forgotten, I don't "believe false claims". I compare information from multiple opposing perspectives to determine the most likely situation. Even then, I might not "believe" any particular narrative, not to mention that I'm outside your ketchup bottle. So while my picture of the event might not be perfect, it's more likely to be less biased and closer to the truth than most.

You are ignoring the facts and presenting false claims. You are what you say you don't believe. Read the Jan. 6th report please.
I'm not "ignoring facts" — I'm pointing out perfectly valid evidence from on-scene video and witnesses about aspects of the event that people aren't paying attention to because they are so highly polarized that they only see what they want to see. I see a much more complex picture.

BTW — the last thing I'd consider to be an unbiased report on the event is one authored by the Government.

OK, you are making assumptions about what the report contains before you read it. It has plenty of reference material so you can decide for yourself what's relevant. Going to some sketchy sites with unfounded rumors won't help. But if you look at the core, simple narrative, that the January 6th episode was instigated by a sore looser and would-be dictator, it's not complicated at all. Trump, in his public pronouncements, very much signaled what he intended to do before he did it.

OK, you are making assumptions about what the report contains before you read it.
I'm making assumptions about what it probably doesn't contain, and there won't be any references to any of that.
It has plenty of reference material so you can decide for yourself what's relevant.
I'm sure it's all relevant in some way or another.
Going to some sketchy sites with unfounded rumors won't help.
Whether the websites are "sketchy" is beside the point. Besides that — Governments are "sketchy" too.
But if you look at the core, simple narrative, that the January 6th episode was instigated by a sore looser and would-be dictator, it's not complicated at all.
There were "instigators" on video at the Capitol building when Trump was nowhere near the place, and it's only simple if you want to narrow your viewpoint to that extent. Otherwise you have to admit that there was more than one faction, including counter protesters, plus smaller groups with differing involvement, plus a certain number of individuals who were just curious about the whole thing and got caught-up in it. There's tons of on-site video evidence for that, as well as interviews with people who were there. No Government issued PDF can make any of that untrue — even if the rest of the report is largely factual.
Trump, in his public pronouncements, very much signaled what he intended to do before he did it.
Trump encouraged a peaceful protest — that's no crime. That it got out of hand wasn't his doing. But the leftist Trump haters would like to think that with an American flag in hand and a MAGA hat on his head, he single handedly, led the protesters down to the Capitol building and up the stairs into the entrance.

Last edited:
Clearly you haven't read the report, or paid much attention to what really happened.

For over three hours, Trump watched the insurrection on TV and saw the violence. He did nothing. His staff begged him to act, he did nothing. His daughter and son-in-law, both of whom worked at the White House, asked him, he did nothing.

You are clearly not paying attention. Read his code words and stop assuming he wanted or expected a peaceful protest. Pay attention to the report that he didn't want the Secret Service to check his followers for weapons, because they were there to support him.

Read the damn report!

Clearly you haven't read the report, or paid much attention to what really happened.

For over three hours, Trump watched the insurrection on TV and saw the violence. He did nothing. His staff begged him to act, he did nothing. His daughter and son-in-law, both of whom worked at the White House, asked him, he did nothing.

You are clearly not paying attention. Read his code words and stop assuming he wanted or expected a peaceful protest. Pay attention to the report that he didn't want the Secret Service to check his followers for weapons, because they were there to support him.

Read the damn report!
So according to left wing politics, the "code words" for "insurrection" are "peaceful protest" — Thanks for clearing that up. Next time someone says "peaceful protest", make sure they're locked-up for sedition. Also lock them up if they say the word "insurrection" ( just to be on the safe side ). Also note that if Trump had said "Everybody go home", that would have been codespeak for "Get inside". I'm not sure what the code phrase was for actually going home. Maybe it was "Go get some ice cream."

Since you love fact checkers so much ...

Fact Check: Did President Trump incite a riot at the Jan 6 Capitol speech?​

False: The president did not incite a riot during his speech. Neither did he in any way encourage violence, break-ins or any other unlawful behavior. He only encouraged peaceful protest.

Last edited:
You are deluded if you believe the the Jan. 6th episode was a "peaceful protest." Ask the 140 police officers who were injured, or the nearly 1,000 who were arrested for a "peaceful protest," not to mention the hundreds who pled or were found guilty.

Randall, it is very sad to see how misinformed you've become.

And in your response to that non-existent fact check, here's a very balanced appraisal from a very balanced international news source. It demonstrates how Trump tried to cover his tracks while at the same time inspiring his followers to fight like hell:

You are deluded if you believe the the Jan. 6th episode was a "peaceful protest." Ask the 140 police officers who were injured, or the nearly 1,000 who were arrested for a "peaceful protest," not to mention the hundreds who pled or were found guilty.
What I said is that it was a protest that got out of hand, and that from the evidence, the worst violence, including gassing, clubbing, and the shooting of an unarmed civilian woman, was by the police, and that much of the aggression of protesters against police was in response to the actions of police against them.

There are some exceptions, but the video footage I've seen, and testimony of people who were actually there supports that. There were in-fact many completely peaceful protesters there. Or maybe — like with other issues, you simply hand wave anything that disagrees with your personal interpretation?

As for the charges — you know how that system works. Cut a deal for a guilty plea, or be charged with something that will make you go broke defending yourself while you rot in a jail cell 'till the end of time.
Randall, it is very sad to see how misinformed you've become.
My head isn't as far inside the ketchup bottle as yours. Call that "misinformed" all you want.

Last edited:
What are you going to tell us next, Randall? That the moon is made of green cheese and the Earth is flat?

That's roughly the equivalent of the unreal nonsense you are presenting here.

Read the Jan. 6th report! No more excuses!

What are you afraid of?

Just look at all the violence going on here
Some flag waving and picture taking while for the most part staying within the guide ropes
All that unauthorized "milling about" is outrageous !

Randall is also pulling a stunt here. He'll edit or delete a post minutes after posting it, so it goes out to those receiving emails of new posts, but you can't respond because there's nothing to answer.

Or post something, and after someone's answer is posted, edit it to add material that wasn't answered.

All this silliness, but he won't read the Jan. 6th report.

Just look at all the violence going on here
Some flag waving and picture taking while for the most part staying within the guide ropes
All that unauthorized "milling about" is outrageous !

Ask the 140 police officers who were injured how peaceful Jan. 6th was. Out of over 40,000 hours of videos, it's easy to present a false picture of the episode by cherry picking a few moments when nothing bad was happening. That's the scam Tucker Carlson played in his broadcasts. You've learned well, Randall, about fooling people.

Back