• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Politics & The CIC/Prez

Oh please. All politicians lie or exaggerate, and saying he was arrested at one time instead of detained, just sounded better. It was no big deal. The point is that what Biden has done is nowhere as significant as what Trump has done. There's no comparison.

Also those who say Biden is in cognitive decline forget he has a lifelong stutter, and it impacts his speech and his ability to read a teleprompter.

Now take 30 seconds and listen to the incoherent nonsense Trump presents in interviews and speeches nowadays. Now THAT'S troubling, really troubling.

In saying that, and speaking as an older guy, I do not think Biden should run for another term regardless of how well he does and his position in the polls. We need to give the new generation a chance. So my son, Grayson, is 37 today. He isn't running for anything, but his generation deserves a chance to manage the levels of power.
Yes I agree Gene the younger generation do deserve a chance.
I do not believe that Joe Biden is a particularly good president but Trump was 100 times worse. I actually believe your country should try him for treason.

Biden's main problem is that he's done a lot, not as much as he promised, but a lot. But most people don't know about much of it, because of poor public relations. It doesn't help that he isn't a very good orator.

In contrast, Trump endlessly boasted of his alleged achievements, even them he was, for the most part, just boasting. Little of it was true, but his followers believed all of it, however outrageous.

Biden's main problem is that he's done a lot, not as much as he promised, but a lot. But most people don't know about much of it, because of poor public relations. It doesn't help that he isn't a very good orator.

In contrast, Trump endlessly boasted of his alleged achievements, even them he was, for the most part, just boasting. Little of it was true, but his followers believed all of it, however outrageous.
I agree with everything you say
Biden may be doing a lot domestically but he hasn't been good for us or on the international stage but then neither was Trump.
Although Obama, Clinton and Bush were excellent for us.

It did seem as if Biden wanted to repair relations with Europe that were nearly destroyed by the previous guy. I don't follow your politics, but would like to know what Biden didn't do that Obama did.

It did seem as if Biden wanted to repair relations with Europe that were nearly destroyed by the previous guy. I don't follow your politics, but would like to know what Biden didn't do that Obama did.
So what Americans don't realise is that the British did not come into Northern Ireland in the 70s and start taking over the country. Until 1922 all of Ireland was part of the United Kingdom. The majority in Northern Ireland do not identify as Irish they regard themselves as British. Also it was the Irish side of the community that invited the British into Ireland to protect them in the 70s. What Obama or any other modern president never done was to take sides because for peace you need to bring both sides along. Joe Biden has been very forceful in his support of a United Ireland and does not help in a tense situation. I have been on both sides and I actually would prefer a United Ireland but to voice views publicly as Joe Biden did only enrages the other side and makes a tense situation worse.

He doesn't deserve much slack. It's not about political bias; it's about who and what he is. Both conservatives (who are paying attention) and liberals agree about what a disaster he is as a person and as a former President. He's the only President in history who tried to stage a coup to stay in power, for example.

And consider the consequences to people in Florida, whose governor is would-be Trump Ron DeSantis, who joins his fellow travelers in 11 Southern states in refusing the Medicaid Expansion, part of the Affordable Care Act, thus resulting in needless medical debt and, sometimes, deaths:

Pay attention to what Biden has really done despite his faults, and ignore the fake news and speculation that you keep linking to. You might have a more realistic appreciation for what's going on.

I'm on record as not being a Trump fan as well — but that doesn't mean he was always wrong or never did anything good. At first I was glad he lost the election. Now I like Biden even less.
Yea well as I say I'm not a big Biden fan but that's based purely on what he has done for Northern Ireland but as to what he has done domestically I just don't know.
I will tell you this my wife is from Texas and hates Trump with a passion and she thinks the presidency was too much for Biden in his current health condition.

M0-lzVsXZwew2RAq7ppZOmun8BpMDeNIeTQ7dUijhpmCKuo02_UwMMSBzPZvYIICmSdA4lhALjV9jxMhu5Y9LIXeNkz8boa5oFeQK_bnaY9ho5qyQDIOarREL2bKQzbLa3KZ9wBa71yPpEMVpJvBmMftNVEimeLVCtVXKE6gN4m9uQEaFh8ODuRo1f9fv0otkwM-2zhr3F-P88PAccLKelke21qKXA0kPOuk6IIBluvR0JVnlZAL8YaIS_npVh7j6YjMNvEQ12hiEAUusvLlJixfkLzNqT9o_e0PB3ulrqfUrJsXjg=s0-d-e1-ft

I think we finally agree on something. Whatever is accomplished is mostly pushing out a few treats to make us feel good.

And ET is aiding and abetting since they promise to help us but fail miserably. Then again, maybe there is no ET.

So, for example, many Democratic achievements are, in fact, giveaways to corporations.

A key example is the Affordable Care Act, the healthcare plan known as Obamacare. President Obama wanted to appease the Republicans to get their votes, so he took a plan originally formulated by the conservative Heritage Foundation years ago. It was implemented in Massachusetts by Republican Mitt Romney when he was governor there. There were no Republican complaints, until Obama proposed a variation on this bill on a Federal level. Then it suddenly became "socialized medicine," a stupid comment since it actually works with private insurers and drug companies, thus earning them hundreds of billions of dollars in extra revenues.

The infrastructure bill approved in the Biden administration gives private construction companies hundreds of billions of dollars to replace/rebuild/fix roads, bridges and so on and so forth. Millions of people will get jobs and pray they have a living wage. Ditto for the chips bill, which will benefit Intel and the American plants built by TSMC, a company from Taiwan.

And so on and so forth.

Back