• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Politics & The CIC/Prez

I actually agree that fact-checking doesn't come easy, and it's clear how it can fail or point in the wrong direction due to checker's biases and agendas, if any.

The point is that the best of the fact-checkers provide sources and reasoning for their conclusions. Some fact-checking is very black and white, lie or truth. Other conclusions lie in a gray area, and we should also think for ourselves what to believe.

Not having fact-checkers to try to separate truth from fiction, however, is far worse.

Thanks for posting. This is something to definitely look at without snap judgments.

But here's the other shoe: The article assumes the major fact-checking organizations are one-sided, and suggests that they set up groups from different sides of the spectrum to better evaluate information and perhaps come to better reasoned conclusions. This statement is made without evidence, and without evaluating the known members of those fact-checking teams and their methodology in dealing with such matters.

So, for example, the author evidently never read this statement from the people at PolitiFact and why they feel they are providing accurate fact-checks:

In other words, the piece about fact-checkers is biased in its lack of research as to how the process is really done.

During his time as President, Trump took average economic growth numbers and falsely claimed they were the best ever.

Here's a recent set of numbers during the Biden administration, and they are way above what Trump achieved:

The opposition to Zelensky, by the way, is heavily influenced by Russian propaganda. This is true even for the far-right in the U.S.

And by the way, why you like the idiot on that video so much? It's unwatchable.

I'm not in your kindergarten, Randall. You've really been off the deep end for a while. My point was that Russian propaganda shouldn't be influencing American policy, as stated above. It was not that there may or may not have been other influences involved with Ukraine. Are you on this planet yet?

Popularity doesn't comport to facts or responsible behavior on the part of one of these characters. That's irrelevant.

Gonna change the subject again now?

As I said, changing the subject with another stupid video.
You haven't provided any valid counterpoint to the issues. You've only name called, deflected, offhandedly dismissed, and when that fails, resorted to censorship. When you make a pledge to stop doing that, then we can have a meaningful discussion. Otherwise, I'm just posting entertainment. It might reflect my own perspective. It might not. Whatever the case, it isn't likely to reflect the MSM's slant.

Nothing in what you say is correct. I have provided numerous links that correct the nonsense you post. You ignore them.

You’re busted!

OK, here are some ground rules. No videos unless you provide a paragraph with which to describe them.

Otherwise, might as well go to YouTube.

And Randall, I want you to start responding to at least some of the links I provide that refute the stuff you post, or open up new topics.

So it's fair to characterize some things Biden says as misleading or an outright lie. He is, after all, a politician with over 50 years experience.

But when you do that, it's fair to compare the winner among political liars in the U.S.:

Back