• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

This allegory was a fancy-ass way of saying our leaders sometimes keep us in the dark and feed us shit. Whereas Plato and our greatest minds could really spin an idea out, it'd be cool to see them cope with modern life.

A modern Plato might be the guy daubing graffiti on a bus shelter, 'Life sucks. Wake up.'

I always saw Plato's cave as representing the ignorant masses who FALL for the fact that our leaders feed us this shit and none of us question it. It's the person who looks around, away from the cave wall, in my opinion, who see the Wizard standing behind the curtain.

Oh......wait. Well, that too, I suppose.

Back