• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Phillip Corso and Bill Birnes

I'm listening to the latest episode (11/09/08) and it sounds like you could easily play version of the Kevin Bacon game with Corso with respect to any event in 20th century history.

Hey, I'm new here, but this seems as good a time as any to jump in.

If the reason cited above is the whole story here, then I'm stumped. If Lear is a nutball with zero credibility (which he is, although it's still a hoot to listen to the guy hold forth) then why exactly would David give a rat's ass whether Lear brands him "an agent?" That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Frankly, it's disappointing that Gene and David allowed this program to get so far out of hand. This isn't live radio; they could, at any point, stop the interview, either to read Birnes the riot act or simply to give everyone a time out. Maybe that's "cheating," if you get off on the heat of the moment and want something like a live radio experience, but in terms of maintaining some professionalism, it beats the hell out of stomping off in a huff.

Come to think of it, what on earth justifies Birnes making what feels like his 400th visit to The Paracast? If the word "Roswell" is like a sleeping pill for me at this point, the sound of Birnes' voice is the six-pack chaser. If he's the only option on The Paracast's guest list, maybe it's better just to take the week off, guys. Really.

I was surprised Birnes was back on. I guess the Paola, Corso deal lead to it?

I'll fill in if any of the hosts wants to take a break. Bigger chance of the guest hangin up, than me though. Not that I blame Dave. I sense he probably was being nice and it was Gene's wanting to have him on. Just a guess.

I was watching a conference on Google with the Italian Corso guy. Right when he walked up to the podium he got a cease and desist order from birnes off the fax machine, it was pretty funny. He talked like he knew Corso for a long time.

I dunno Birnes is a mixed bag. He reminds me of Greer by the way he talks.

I was watching a conference on Google with the Italian Corso guy. Right when he walked up to the podium he got a cease and desist order from birnes off the fax machine, it was pretty funny. He talked like he knew Corso for a long time.

No. no no. That is too good to be true. In the off chance you aren't joking, did you really see that? I know, stupid question, but bare with me... I've seen what whacky shit can happen in this field. Sarcasm is often realism in this "business".

Waaarrgghhhhh ... just listening to the last 10-15 mins of this episode ... and ... warrrghhhhhhhhhh ... I'm kind of glad that David did leave the episode when he did ... cos ... warrrghhhhhh ... I think his head may have exploded ... warrgghhhhh ... talking snake ... warrghhhhh ... giants ... I believe, I believe, I believe ... lizards ... underground ... no proof whatsoever ... lizards ... I believe ... high up in government .... wargghhhh

[actually yesterday I listened to a really terrible recent interview with some guy on the Richard Syrett show in Canada ... really bad ... giants ... the Bible etc etc etc. How did ancient man build Baalbek??? Not with technology ... nope. They were really really big people. Yes ... 30ft giants built Baalbek ... warrggghhhhh]

Anyway ... carry on with the hurting Bill ... warrrgghhhhhh :eek::D

link? ...,.

It would be interesting to hear Birnes and Greer go at it. That could be used as some kind of torture! If that doesn't break a person add Horn to the mix.

I actually like Birnes. Sure he has a financial interest in much of what he talks about, but I think hes way better than some of the fields true believers.

He is just difficult to listen to and he talks to much did I meantion that he talks too much. I don't think he has the ethics or the lack of of Greer and Horm it is just that he talks too much!!!

I just got done listening to this episode and all I can say is WoW. It’s my opinion Birnes is either a mad genius spouting off inside knowledge as fast and easy as vintage Dennis Leary, or a damn intelligent Business man dodging hard ball questions. I would have given him props a few years ago when such an intriguing personality would interest me, but these days I just want the damn facts. Although it could be that he actually did give facts amid the 100mph ramblings and I just was not that quick to catch them .Excuse me while I play the episode back in slow motion.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Kick ass show~

I found Bill a little hard to follow this time round, mainly because of the fast topic changes. I have a relative who speaks in a similar way, and I'm forever asking him to rewind! I found some of what he said interesting, especially as regards Paola Harris and copyright theft. But I felt a bit bemused by the talk of reptilians/underground aliens, etc. That said, Bill is an entertaining guest - but I wish he'd come up for air sometimes!

Look i dont care what Birnes brings to the table, ufo celebritys dont interest me. All i want is the information as honestly as it can be given to me.Birnes gives his information as fact that worry's me because i dont believe the evidence backs up many of his claims.He likes the sound of his own voice!!

Bill Birnes.. urgh. It's easy to criticize, but, FWIW: The Corso story/stories seem very interesting (if true) but it's a shame Bill Birnes is the guy who seems to be at the nexus of the storytelling. He is just soooo tedious, and his constant name dropping and changes of topic give him an air of naivity at best, if not just blatent self-service. It's hard to find his genuine interest in the topic beneath the way he conveys himself. Not to say he's not genuinely interested, he very much seems to be, but he seems to place a higher priority on the minutia of the UFO "celebrity" world than any substantive material or personal opinion. His attitude towards including people in his publication seems no different from Paola Harris's- ie, not needing to filter out the plausible from the implausible.

As for the paracast itself, despite its hits and misses in terms of shows, it's still by far the best show out there on the topic and I will continue to be a devoted listener! Thanks Gene and Dave.

I think you guys are missing the point here. All Corso ever did was tell a *STORY*. His story contains zero facts other than his own military record.

There is not one single iota of evidence to back up any aspect of Corso's story. None. Zilch. Nada. Zip. Not only that, but his story is demonstrably false as the historical and scientific record of the inventions he claims came from his program are well documented as coming forth through the long and diligent effort of hard working scientists and engineers.

It is an absolute rude insult to suggest these men and women got their ideas from 'alien technology'.

Has any single engineer or scientist ever come forward and confirmed Corso's claims? The answer is NONE. Not ONE. No one, period. Instead, every individual involved in the creation of every piece of technology Corso claims came from his work flatly denies such a thing ever occurred. Not a shred of physical evidence, historical evidence, of witness testimony confirms any aspect of Corso's vicious lies.

It is absolutely vile that Corso and Birnes have spread these lies at the expense of the hard work and reputation of brilliant men and women who devoted their lives, and intellect, to producing the laser, integrated circuit, night vision, and other technologies.

Bill Birnes should be ashamed of himself.

John

Do they flatly deny that they were given material they were told was foreign technology and asked to make heads or tails of it?

Do you have links to any of the denials?

Do they flatly deny that they were given material they were told was foreign technology and asked to make heads or tails of it?

Corso died not long after the book came out, so we only have Birnes to defend him. That is both good and bad. Certainly, Birnes is a vigorous proponent of Corso's claims, but he is also a story-teller, and sometimes you wonder if the two don't converge a little too closely.

In saying that, though, I've always been hot and cold on the whole Corso affair. When I saw some video clips of him in the first James Fox UFO documentary, I was impressed. Here was a straight-shooter, a sincere, dedicated military officer -- one highly decorated by the way -- who was just telling the truth as he saw it.

That image flies in the face of the errors in the book and the apparent logical shortcomings. So was this man, in the final stages of his life, simply making up stories to leave a nest egg for his family, or was he trying to tell the truth? Does Corso have a reputation as someone who lied, or just exaggerated his life story? It doesn't seem so, and hence I continue to wonder what it's all about.

Maybe we should interview Corso's son next.

Honestly? I believe the heart of Corso's story. However so many people wanted a piece of him later on in life it appears the waters got muddy.

I personally don't think Birnes is a shill. The dudes a friggin encyclopedia. He just seems to be doing the Paola Harris thing by just getting the info and putting it out there.

Honestly? I believe the heart of Corso's story. However so many people wanted a piece of him later on in life it appears the waters got muddy.

I personally don't think Birnes is a shill. The dudes a friggin encyclopedia. He just seems to be doing the Paola Harris thing by just getting the info and putting it out there.
I know some of you would prefer we hit Birnes harder in these interviews, but you can easily get lost in the stories, which are so fascinating. He does indeed have an encyclopedic knowledge of a lot of subjects. He has one or more PHDs too, so he's a real expert on lots of stuff, including the law, though I don't know if he's passed the bar yet.

I did a 20-minute taped segment with Birnes a few months ago, as recorded by the "UFO Hunters" crew, and, if I get a copy, we'll play it on a future episode. He said some fascinating things there too -- but it doesn't hurt to be more than a little skeptical about such matters.

Back