• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paola Harris

We recorded half the show yesterday, half today, and it's a stinkbomb, perhaps our worst single episode yet. I apologize ahead of time, but damn, what a waste of time. Y'all can skip it, you'll be missing exactly nothing.

dB

David,

Thanks for biting the bullet for us, strangely, I'm now really looking forward to this episode to hear what happens!

I think it's worth a non informative episode now and then to at least put some of the regular exopolitic circuit people's feet to the coals, even if they try and filibuster like Greer or get emotional like Paola. Paola and her ilk don't seem to use much critical thinking and rarely get challenged by anyone in this space.

I'm going to use my Krestin powers and guess that at some point she defends what she does as "journalism" and says it's not her job to be discerning; her job is to record as accurately as possible and let the people decide.

Not her job, that is, to ask probing questions of people with outrageous claims but to let them make 'em unabated.

Paola Harris is a dunce. You can only argue with a dunce for so long. I'm guessing you did as good a job getting through to her as you did at the conference and that was frustrating because you've got this "reporter" on whose defense is "Nuh-uh," and that fight is only worth ten minutes. What was she on for 2 hours?

You should have had her on live and in person. At least that way you could throw a chair at her head. Yes, she may sue you but she also may forget who she is and assume the identity of a real reporter. She might even thank you.

I'm going to use my Krestin powers and guess that at some point she defends what she does as "journalism" and says it's not her job to be discerning; her job is to record as accurately as possible and let the people decide.

Not her job, that is, to ask probing questions of people with outrageous claims but to let them make 'em unabated.

Paola Harris is a dunce. You can only argue with a dunce for so long. I'm guessing you did as good a job getting through to her as you did at the conference and that was frustrating because you've got this "reporter" on whose defense is "Nuh-uh," and that fight is only worth ten minutes. What was she on for 2 hours?

You should have had her on live and in person. At least that way you could throw a chair at her head. Yes, she may sue you but she also may forget who she is and assume the identity of a real reporter. She might even thank you.

Yep, that sounds exactly like what we can expect, minus the KKK guy throwing a chair Geraldo, although I hear Apple is working on an IPHONE plugin that simulates a chair hitting the person on the other end.

In Paola's view a Journalist = transcriber of #2 . Bring on the train wreck!

Oh no. Paola Harris? What were you thinking? Although I am far from knowledgeable about this field I have come across Ms Harris before and thought she was a parody created by a skeptic group.

Specific concerns are the fact she is a cheer leader for "Dr." Michael Wolfe & a big Uri Geller fan, I just can not see how she would be a good match with the Paracast presenters.

Ha Ha Ha,

The creativeness of the Italians - Calati, Junci ... La china la passa!! - Meglio commandere che fottere!! - I married one:).

I'll excuse myself from the audience tonight, think I'll watch the soprano's instead.

A dopo,
Drew.

I'm listening to this car crash right now, with my honey...

As far as Paola, I will quote Foghorn Leghorn, regarding her logic and intellect:

"as sharp as a sack of wet mice"

Jeez. It's painful, my lovely girl is laughing over here right now.

Oy.

dB

Man, I forgot just how BAD this interview was...

Can you believe this shit? Dolan's essential book is too complicated for her class. OMG! Her definition of "quantum cosmology" is fucking laughable. Can you imagine paying money to listen to this person "teach"?

Jeebus.

It's like listening to Palin, this just hurts my brain.

dB

Favorite quote..."If you had read my books, you would see there is no feeling in them"

Edit: so far that is. David just asked her about you know who. I need chocolate for this.

AAAAAHHHHHGHGHHH!!!! This is so frustrating!!!

Paola just DOES. NOT. GET. IT.

Gene is basically saying that its fine to study the phenomenon but that we shouldnt attach any labels or assumptions yet because we just dont know. Then Paola talks about Greers conference as evidence saying that this stuff should be studied. But she cannot get her fricken head around the fact that just because an ex-military General says he saw radar and a physical metallic looking craft that DOESNT mean its extra-fricken-terrestrial!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Back