• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

orange flash & missing time

Unfortunately there is no way of being sure with sleep paralysis. There is not really any way to tell the difference between sleep paralysis, and a real occurance. Thats the whole thing about it.... it seems as real as me sitting here typing. Lets just say I think there is a very high probaility of it being sleep paralysis, going back to ockams razor.... what is more likely?

A) I had a bout of sleep paralysis
OR
B) a bunch of aliens flew down from another planet/dimension/time (take your pick) and decided to bust into my bedroom for some unknown reason.

Call me a fundamentalist, but i tend to go for B.
As for your experience, i genuinly have never heard anyone having a similar one, although MikeC's original one with the orange sky comes the closest.

Well you no yourself better than i do!! If your convinced sleep paralysis is the reason trust your instincts.

Hoff i was asking did anyone have a memory or occurence that was similar to me around the age of 4 and 5 outline of the memory..... bedroom, blackness, figure at the end of my bed,lights through the window.

I appreciate you telling me about mikeC's orange sky occurence i try to find that story. But i am more interested to see has anyone had a plagueing memory like the one i mentioned above?

Hoff i was asking did anyone have a memory or occurence that was similar to me around the age of 4 and 5 outline of the memory..... bedroom, blackness, figure at the end of my bed,lights through the window.

I appreciate you telling me about mikeC's orange sky occurence i try to find that story. But i am more interested to see has anyone had a plagueing memory like the one i mentioned above?

Oh right, i havent read that one. where is it posted?

try this if you havent already.
Click on your name, go to your public profile, then click statistics, then click on threads started by you, or if you didnt start the thread, try threads you posted in. Or if you can remember the name of the thread i can look

Ya hoff i no the problem is my posts only go up to five hundred on statistics so i have been trying to find it but to no avail it could be anywhere in some thread.

image from 1973

This is the drawing I did as an 11 or 12 year old at Kenny's kitchen table, with his very sweet Mom at the table too.

1/ Your 1973 UFO sighting / drawing seems similar with the one seen in Poland in 1961

09241961-1.gif

Full story of the case at the fine waterufo website: 09-24-1961

2/ Can you pinpoint the location in GoogleMaps (in Southfield, Detroid MI)?

This is a revised and updated drawing to try and show visually what I saw out Kenny's window. Please factor in that this was approx 35 years ago, but I think this "feels" pretty accurate. The jPeg image below seems to appear a little to bright on my monitor, it was (I think) a little darker so the image of the craft actually was slightly less "vivid" in the night sky.

I also added two images (more descriptive) to the posting on page one of this thread.

Attachments

• KENNYcuPOST.jpg
    KENNYcuPOST.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 4
i prefer to chalk my experience up to SP, although i can tell you i wasnt asleep, i was wide awake, hyper awake in fact.

but the fact that i had watched the communion movie before going to bed, is just too much of a co-incidence. so it must have a mundane explaination. the odds of a grey walking thru my bedroom doorway the very same night i watched this movie must be huge.

the one and only time ive ever seen a black helicopter (the day one circled my house 3 times) was a little harder to find a rational answer for.

In reply to D'Hatz

Lat Long coordinates:

42°29'45.65"N
83°14'31.26"W

This is where the "Orange Flash" happened. Pull back and you can see the high school football field. My ol' house was about a block away.

Just wanted to say thanks to Mike C for sharing his experiences on Sunday's show. Really one of the best shows in all I think. I love your illustrations too, very cool.

Im never sure what to think about the Sleep Paralysis explanation for sightings/encounters/experiences, I mean, there has to be a source for such similar memories I would think. You could argue that being so immersed in the study of such phenomena makes you more likely to imprint visions upon a dreamstate, although that said, ive also read that having such an interest in the subject (to the point of compulsiveness) could be a sign of an earlier encounter with something unexplainable.

Questions: - Bright Flash, missing time.

Time: Autumn, ca. 19:00hrs.

The orange candenscense - starts me thinking - Sunset/Twighlight.
Could you confirm that the Sunset/Twighlight was prior or posterior to the event you witnessed. (Autumn is too broad a range to find this out exactly).
Is the "switch" - sun refraction/emission appearing/disappearing behind clouds/hills/mountains?

Now, the timelapse.

The definition of time is :A nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future.

Here lies the clue "A nonspatial continuum" - this is misleading and we tend to understand this as a constant - unchangeable - "hours, minutes, seconds".

If I was to say, a better understanding might be achieved by ditching time and replace it with "motion". That is, motion is really the true arbiter of time - since it is which time by our perception is standardised - the motion of the sun travelling across the sky, the day, the hour, the minute, the second.

So could it be that your perception of motion was suddenly accelerated - resulting in a conclusion where after a strenous and exertive football match and Friday feeling the gradual walk home in the calm and still evening passed by quicker to you and your friend than you would normally perceive it. (Similar to sleep).

I am still working on this one (need to research a bit more) - I saw a documentary some years ago about how time "motion" perception is different in different creatures - something to do with neurology - hence why swatting a fly is so difficult since to them it is like watching you in a movie slowed down.
With creatures in hibernation - whereby the body temperature and metabolic rate enables time perception to be speeded up - and things like flies/bees with high dynamics enable time perception to be slowed down.

The sun was definitely down.

It was approx 9:30 pm, and the sun would have set around 5:pM. Well past twilight. In sept or oct (or maybe very early nov?) the sun goes down early, and the football games were lit with big lights.

Hey mike
I really appreciated you sharing your experience with us on the show. I agree, one of the better episodes. Love the illustrations as well. Have made this months desktop.

During the summer of 1993 I lived in New York City, in the East Village on 2nd street. My pal Billy took me in as a roommate for about eight months. During that time I put a lot of energy into climbing at an area just north of the city called the “Gunks.” It was about a 90 minute drive from the apartment to the town of New Paltz.

I had a lot of friends in the small community of climbers, and it was always easy to meet people. The actual area of rock formations is a private reserve, and it’s remarkably beautiful and pristine, even though it's so close to the city.

The way the cliff system has emerged from the terrain around is a typical slip fault system, it’s steep on the cliff side, and then on top there are huge expanse of bare rock. The white rock on top is tipped at just a slight angle so the view off the back seems open and expansive. And the forested area below is free of any houses because it’s part of the preserve. It’s a truly beautiful place, and I deeply enjoyed every moment I spent there.

I had found a perfectly lovely spot to sleep out, just a small patch of rock in a sea of slightly tilted rock. I loved sleeping there, outside during the warm and humid summer. The level sleeping spot is just big enough to fit me and my sleeping bag. I’ve spent many a night sleep there, comfortably under the stars.

There was one night during that summer when I was wrestles all day. I was in the the apartment, and it was getting late. It must have been midnight and I suddenly couldn’t stand it anymore, I got in my little Subaru and started driving towards New Paltz, so I could sleep on my sacred spot, and the next morning I could find a climbing partner and spend the day on the rocks.

During the drive north, somewhere on the East Side of Manhattan, I realized how strange it was that I was driving so late at night. I had never done anything like this before.

I suddenly had the thought, “Man, they sure are pushin’ hard tonight.”

That just popped into my head, and I didn’t quite know what to make of it.

There is no dramatic climax to this story. I arrive at my lovely little sleeping spot around 2:AM, and (as I recall 15 years later) went to sleep under the stars.

I never thought anything of it, but just a bout a year ago, I read a report on Whitley Streiber’s web-site, where he talked about some of the events that happened in his cabin. Accompanying the text was a photo of a castle like tower perched high on a cliff. I knew this structure well, it’s located on the same series of rock cliffs where I would climb and sleep.

As I read the article, Whitley noted that his cabin was just a mile or so from that old tower. And I realized that my sleeping spot was about a mile from that exact same location. How close had I been to that infamous paranormal hotspot. It was a weird feeling.

A few years ago, I went back to that very spot during a visit to New York. I walked along the path in the woods, and I stepped off at just the right spot and began my short hike toward the open flatness of the white rock. It was like my feet knew just wear to walk, considering how many times I had done that walk in the dark. Everything was the same, as I approached the small level platform on the sloping rock.

And - right on the exact spot where I had slept, someone had spray painted a pentagram in a circle, with red paint.

Why had someone picked this one spot, in this vast ocean of rock, to paint a superstitious piece of graffiti?

Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

I'm not sure about the reality/shift thing... I'm pretty sure that something goes on that we don't have control over, but since they may be extradimensional beings, it may be that they can move us into their dimension, or meet us halfway.

Since we experience missing time, however, it seems clear to me that in some sense, we are not completely "taken out of reality".

First, we see the lights, then the aliens, then we can't move (not necessarily in that order), then we typically black out, and that's where we have missing time. During the missing time is when the shenanigans happen, which seems to be aboard ships of some kind.

I realize this is abduction 101, but the point is that I think there are varying states of consciousness involved rather than different shades of reality... they seem to be able to put us under, block our memories, and implant screen memories. Animals, men, police blockades, stores with lights that aren't really there... Karla Turner's "virtual reality scenarios"... at the risk of sounding repetitious, one of her big catchphrases was, "Abductees report alien-controlled information".

We see and report what they want us to see and report.

Back