• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ok you Mozilla users. Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBTrek said:
Since they took on the additional expense and research time to ensure their hardware could run Windows OS.

Duh.

Between your vacant proclaimations and Gene's citations of the Apple website as authoratative proof that Macs are superior I think we can safely put to rest the theory that Mac users are somehow smarter than PC users.

We have living evidence to the contrary. :p

"Hey! Hey! The #1 operating system has the most viruses on it! Hey!"

Hahahah

-DBTrek

Clearly from what you have said over and over again, you are unable to disprove anything. It's just easier to attach labels.

Have a nice day.

Welp, it looks like i FINALLY got rid of all my problems. I went to try and restore my pc to it's factory settings, but picked the wrong option called "system recovery" (not system restore which hasn't been working) and that did the trick. I'm glad too, since I didn't lose a lot of my stuff like I would restoring to factory settings.

Gene Steinberg said:
Clearly from what you have said over and over again, you are unable to disprove anything. It's just easier to attach labels.

Have a nice day.

You've made no case. What exactly am I supposed to be disproving?

Macs have had decades to prove their superiority to PC's and in the eyes of the PC buying public they have failed. Your own (biased) sources have put Mac ownership at a mere 11% of computer users. You would like to blame marketing that took place decades ago for this, but the fact remains that in those intevening decades Mac has failed to prove their superiority to the PC buying public. The numbers are all lined up on my side; market share, ownership, third party software support, hardware support . . . all of it overwhelmingly on the wide of Windows.

On the Mac side we have people citing Apple as a reference and pointing out that the most predominant OS also has the most viruses. What is that?

My case is made. The numbers support it. The public have voted overwhelmingly with their dollars year after year after year. I may never be able to convince a Mac user of the reality of the situation (any more than I could convince a flat-earther that the world is round) but I'm confident that neutral/impartial people will be able to contrast my points with the links you offered to the Apple website and reach the right conclusion.

-DBTrek

DBTrek you cannot win this one. sorry dude. most peecee users know the Mac is better at pretty much everything. you are on a sinking ship. better jump now before it sucks you down with it. the smart ones have jumped already.

with apps like Crossover soon there will be no need for windoze. that day is here with a few apps already. imagine, NO NEED for windoze OR a windoze license. i think a few people are going to sit up and take notice of this.

you are already sucking air dude. windoze is nearly obsolete.

DBTrek said:
You've made no case. What exactly am I supposed to be disproving?

Macs have had decades to prove their superiority to PC's and in the eyes of the PC buying public they have failed. Your own (biased) sources have put Mac ownership at a mere 11% of computer users. You would like to blame marketing that took place decades ago for this, but the fact remains that in those intevening decades Mac has failed to prove their superiority to the PC buying public. The numbers are all lined up on my side; market share, ownership, third party software support, hardware support . . . all of it overwhelmingly on the wide of Windows.

On the Mac side we have people citing Apple as a reference and pointing out that the most predominant OS also has the most viruses. What is that?

My case is made. The numbers support it. The public have voted overwhelmingly with their dollars year after year after year. I may never be able to convince a Mac user of the reality of the situation (any more than I could convince a flat-earther that the world is round) but I'm confident that neutral/impartial people will be able to contrast my points with the links you offered to the Apple website and reach the right conclusion.

-DBTrek

Listen you have the entire situation backwards. A product doesn't necessarily become number one in the marketplace because it is the best product. Otherwise, McDonald's restaurants would provide the best food available, anywhere. And Burger King would be right behind it.

In the case of the Mac versus PC arena: I gave you one Web site, www.roughlydrafted.com, which provides some history for you. You can learn about Microsoft's trickery, bait and switch and downright illegal tactics with which to gain market share. It never had anything to do with the best product. But I notice you would rather not go there to find out for yourself.

And let's not forget this one: Disillusioned CIO Plans Conversion to Macintosh || The Mac Observer

One more thing: I do not hate Windows. There are times when I have to use it, and I do have Windows Vista with which to test my sites and to run software that is not available in Mac form. It is certainly good enough to get some work done. But being good enough doesn't make it the best by a long shot.

DBTrek you cannot compare the numbers of two different markets. one is vertical, one is horizontal.

DUH

pixelsmith said:
DBTrek you cannot compare the numbers of two different markets. one is vertical, one is horizontal.

DUH

Worng. As usual you know nothing of what you speak. Both Microsoft (MSFT) and Apple (AAPL) one-year stocks charts are up. Check them and see for yourself. I like it when you post pixel, you reiterate my points nicely.

Apple has been in the PC market for decades. I remember working on the Apple IIe back in elementary school. Since that time there has been no supernatural force compelling me to buy a Microsoft machine every two years or so (which is about how often I upgrade my system). The argument that Microsoft's early marketing practices is keeping Apple down doesn't hold water. Consumers have free will. Over the last three decades they have been free to purchase a Mac any time they wished. Overwhelmingly, they choose not to.

What else needs to be said? Mac users can quote the Apple website propoganda all day; it's not converting the masses. I would suggest that the manufacturer of one's PC is not the best source of information when looking for objective analysis. Market data on the other hand, is neutral. It simply reflects the flow of money. We're able to discard emotionalism and opinion by looking at hard economic numbers . . . and those numbers say the buying public does not find Macs to be superior.

The 'virus' argument isn't persuading the public. Releasing subjective 'productivity' and 'speed' tests is not persuading the public. A small fraction of the PC buying community buy in to (and perpetuate) the Mac superiority myth. The rest of us are happy to buy whatever PC best suits our needs . . . and opverwhelmingly they run Windows OS.

I have no urge to feel superior to people based on the OS I choose. I've enjoyed poking fun at the Mac users in this thread that do have such an urge . . . but at this point we're going in circles. Any PC user falling under attack from the uber-Mac crowd now has ample ammo to repel their silly claims. In short, I've made my point and I don't see anything new being introduced.

So . . . unless something new emerges on this Mac vs. PC (hijacked) thread I'm going to move on. I'm content to rest on the strength of the argument I've presented, especially in light of the opposing argument.

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
Worng. As usual you know nothing of what you speak. Both Microsoft (MSFT) and Apple (AAPL) one-year stocks charts are up. Check them and see for yourself. I like it when you post pixel, you reiterate my points nicely.

Apple has been in the PC market for decades. I remember working on the Apple IIe back in elementary school. Since that time there has been no supernatural force compelling me to buy a Microsoft machine every two years or so (which is about how often I upgrade my system). The argument that Microsoft's early marketing practices is keeping Apple down doesn't hold water. Consumers have free will. Over the last three decades they have been free to purchase a Mac any time they wished. Overwhelmingly, they choose not to.

What else needs to be said? Mac users can quote the Apple website propoganda all day; it's not converting the masses. I would suggest that the manufacturer of one's PC is not the best source of information when looking for objective analysis. Market data on the other hand, is neutral. It simply reflects the flow of money. We're able to discard emotionalism and opinion by looking at hard economic numbers . . . and those numbers say the buying public does not find Macs to be superior.

The 'virus' argument isn't persuading the public. Releasing subjective 'productivity' and 'speed' tests is not persuading the public. A small fraction of the PC buying community buy in to (and perpetuate) the Mac superiority myth. The rest of us are happy to buy whatever PC best suits our needs . . . and opverwhelmingly they run Windows OS.

I have no urge to feel superior to people based on the OS I choose. I've enjoyed poking fun at the Mac users in this thread that do have such an urge . . . but at this point we're going in circles. Any PC user falling under attack from the uber-Mac crowd now has ample ammo to repel their silly claims. In short, I've made my point and I don't see anything new being introduced.

So . . . unless something new emerges on this Mac vs. PC (hijacked) thread I'm going to move on. I'm content to rest on the strength of the argument I've presented, especially in light of the opposing argument.

-DBTrek

Actually, I want to provide a reality check before we close this down.

You have presented just one argument: Windows must be better because it has a larger market share. Even though you've been given lots and lots of references to broaden your horizons, you refuse to acknowledge them.

And now, I shall close this thread down. If you can provide a cogent argument rather than labels, we can start a new thread. But not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back