• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Official funny stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Betty Crocker "three ingredient" cake recipe:

LOOOOL.png

Seriously I don't know if I should laugh or cry at the stupidity of this!

First of all they claim its three (3) ingredients and even if you count the "cake mix" as one ingredient there are FOUR (4) items in the recipe. If you list all the ingredients in the cake mix which are:

"Enriched Flour Bleached (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Partially Hydrgenated Soybean And/Or Cottonseed Oil, Corn Syrup, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate), Dextrose, Propylene Glycol Momesters Of Fatty Acids, Corn Starch, Salt, Modified Corn Starch, Nonfat Milk, Distilled Monoglycerides, Dicalcium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Soy Letcithin, Artificial Flavor."

It's more like thirty (30) ingredients and I am not including the lemon added to the "Greek"** yoghurt!

BTW I was horrified to see that they do not make finding the ingredients of the mix easy, I had to look on an external site to find them listed***!

*((source)): Three-Ingredient Lemon Loaf recipe from Betty Crocker

**Greek youghurt is a protected food in europe, like Champagne or Parmesan it must be produce in Greece for it to be called Greek yoghurt, the way they get round this is to call it Greek style yoghurt instead.

***((source)): Betty Crocker Super Moist White Cake Mix 461g (16.25oz) - American Food Store
This site has its own problems because in the UK GM ingredients must be listed, and they are not!

139379429712.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back