• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 28, 2012 — Gene and Chris Talk Shop

Apocalypto

Paranormal Maven
Interesting show. I always enjoy hearing Gene and Chris giving their personal opinions on the different subject matter around the Paracast.

Chris: "the cake is a lie" is a meme probably before your time (it's before mine as well, but I've learned of its existence somehow, probably reddit?) Anyway, it's from the video game "Portal".
Urban Dictionary: the cake is a lie

( EDIT: Moved Michalak case info to more appropriate UFO section of forum here 1967, The Falcon Lake Landing, Stephen Michalak | The Paracast Community Forums )

Thanks for explaining about the cake. My interest in video games pretty well ended when I could get over 100,000 points playing Space Invaders on the old Atari box while talking on the phone. I gave the whole thing to a kid after that and never missed it. Chris is about the same age as me, so that's probably why neither of us got the obscure reference.

I liked the show a lot. Those are usually interesting. Learned some things too.

I learned something to and that is if a guy as reputable as chris can experience an equipment failure at a decisive moment than I guess I have to give more slack to other investigators who always report the same thing. I liked the idea of bringing a psychic on, I had just started a guest suggestion thread on it a couple hours before this episode was uploaded which I will chalk up to synchronicity although I did have a different guest in mind.

Great show with a lot of exciting announcements there. I'm really excited about Mrs Atwater coming on the show and I hope that consciousness and NDE research and maybe even reincarnation and medium research become regular topics.

Speaking of which, the call-in session with a psychic would be a highly interesting experiment in medium research itself. I guess I won't be doing a long-distance call, but if I remember Dr Gary Schwartz's experiments right, 'his' psychics didn't even talk to the sitters personally, only to a proxy, so maybe I could just ask some questions on the forum and she could try to make some connection based on them... I really hope that show gets to be made. I'd have like a ton of questions (hi there Gene...:D )

About the Black Forest, I hadn't thought of it as a possible window area, but now that you mentioned it, maybe it's no coincidence that the only official parapsychology department in a german university was situated at Freiburg University (until closed down in the late 80s) and that (following that) Freiburg still is our "paranormal capital city" (with a semi-official institution for paranormal research). Dr Hans Bender, Germany's leading parapsychologists back in the day had lots of good cases and anecdotes, and probably a lot of them from the direct vicinity, and I guess, same with his successors today. I'm situated more to the north of the country, about a four to five hours' drive away from Freiburg and the Black Forest, and I've been there on holidays once. Guess I'll make that some more.

Thanks for adressing my questions, Chris. And I'm sorry, Gene, it seems that once I've posted one question, another one comes up immediately that I can't restrain from asking. I guess, that way, I 'm subconsciously trying to increase my chances that some of them might actually be asked. Maybe I should consider to try to condense my questions before posting them, though...:rolleyes:

Good show and thanks for answering my questions.
Just wondering who Eugene is? I mean Chris kept saying, "Here's a question for Eugene" Who the heck is Eugene?
( Ya you've heard that million times already )
But seriously ... antique yellow helicopter... "

#1 Google result for: antique "yellow helicopter"

KC-04465.1L.jpg

Oh sorry, I said I was going to be serious ...

I don't see how the sighting of a helicopter ( antique or otherwise ) detracts from the ETH.

Polter's question about 'hotspots' in Germany is along the same lines as something that has been in my head for a while.
If we recognise there may be paranormal hotspots in the US, like the Uintah Basin - Pennsylvania (mothman) and the Hudson valley etc, well surely there must be similar areas all over the planet?

So does anyone know of any such 'portal' areas in Africa or China or Europe or South America etc? I cannot believe that there is something special about the United States when it comes to the paranormal - I'm not saying anything in the paranormal makes sense but I could not wrap my head round there only being such areas in one currently recognised international boundary?

@Polter - I think the culture in Germany may be to blame for your difficulty in tracking down interesting paranormal places/events in Germany. If the culture is as you say, i.e against UFOs and the paranormal, then perhaps events are dismissed and/or not recorded and publicised, so even if they are happening, you would not get to hear about them anyway?
Come on Germany - let's see you put some of that hard work and ingenuity you are known for into doing some decent paranormal investigations. I could imagine a German scientist creating a measuring device whose scales is 0-100 'Skinwalkers'.:)

Good show and thanks for answering my questions.
Just wondering who Eugene is? I mean Chris kept saying, "Here's a question for Eugene" Who the heck is Eugene?
( Ya you've heard that million times already )
But seriously ... antique yellow helicopter... "

#1 Google result for: antique "yellow helicopter"

KC-04465.1L.jpg

Oh sorry, I said I was going to be serious ...

I don't see how the sighting of a helicopter ( antique or otherwise ) detracts from the ETH.
That's exactly how I pictured it. Great show guys. I always enjoy when you do these kind of shows.

ufology said
"... Good show and thanks for answering my
questions. Just wondering who Eugene is? I mean Chris kept saying, "Here's a question for Eugene"
Who the heck is Eugene? ( Ya you've heard that million times already )..."

Maybe so, still pretty funny though !

ufology said
"... Good show and thanks for answering my
questions. Just wondering who Eugene is? I mean Chris kept saying, "Here's a question for Eugene"
Who the heck is Eugene? ( Ya you've heard that million times already )..."

Maybe so, still pretty funny though !

Glad someone appreciates my archaic sense of humor. :) Thanks!

I'm surprised Chris wants Basagio on the show. His outrageous claims are clearly malarkey. The only reason to have him on would be to tear him down which is why he probably won't come on.

If the culture is as you say, i.e against UFOs and the paranormal, then perhaps events are dismissed and/or not recorded and publicised, so even if they are happening, you would not get to hear about them anyway?

Well, yeah. I've recently read a book by Dr von Lucadou, who heads the Freiburg institute I mentioned earlier, in which he talks about the loads of mail and telephone calls they get regarding possible or alleged poltergeist type or haunting cases, etc. So I guess there should be one or two around where I live too. But you just don't hear anything.

Ufology said:

Well, if you happen to be writing about one and it shows up over your house, I guess I'd call that strange at least. While I don't think it's impossible that a museum piece of a helicopter could be flying around during some airshow or maybe as part of a movie shoot, I guess two of them a long time apart (not sure how long Chris said it had been) and never been seen before or after would make me scratch my head too. So if it wasn't just a strange coincidence, it's probably what some people call a synchronicity and equate to a consciousness or paranormal phenomenon.
Could still be ET, but why should they even bother...?

I'm thinking that chris can smell blood in the water.
Not necessarily... I met him briefly at the aptly-named UFO CON and (although I didn't attend his or Webre's presentations) I heard he comes across in a very compelling manner. So, that said, I'd like to have a friendly conversation w/ him and give him a chance to convince us Paracasters that he was hired by the government at age six and trained as a time-traveling "Chrono-naut" and later by DARPA to be teleported to Mars and elswhere :) Sounds cool! heh-heh

Not necessarily... I met him briefly at the aptly-named UFO CON and (although I didn't attend his or Webre's presentations) I heard he comes across in a very compelling manner. So, that said, I'd like to have a friendly conversation w/ him and give him a chance to convince us Paracasters that he was hired by the government at age six and trained as a time-traveling "Chrono-naut" and later by DARPA to be teleported to Mars and elswhere :) Sounds cool! heh-heh

Fair enough, as long as there is a little blood :cool:

Finally had a chance to listen, it was a fun show to listen to.
But I have to say, *sigh*, Gene and Chris,....you took all the glamour out of being a host. I mean, doing a show sitting in your underwear Chris? I'll never listen to the show the same way again (Har har har!)
And thanks for answering my questions and starting the "Contact the ET/UT/IDT" project. I have no idea what to expect from it, but it'll be fun to see.
Good show guys!

Well, if you happen to be writing about one and it shows up over your house, I guess I'd call that strange at least. While I don't think it's impossible that a museum piece of a helicopter could be flying around during some airshow or maybe as part of a movie shoot, I guess two of them a long time apart (not sure how long Chris said it had been) and never been seen before or after would make me scratch my head too. So if it wasn't just a strange coincidence, it's probably what some people call a synchronicity and equate to a consciousness or paranormal phenomenon.
Could still be ET, but why should they even bother...?

How do we justify the leap in logic from helicopter to UFO? A sighting of an old Earth type aircraft doesn't equal the sighting of a UFO? It equals the sighting of an old Earth type helicopter. Without going into all the gory details. Consider:

AFR 200-2 ( USAF Definition of UFO - Feb 05, 1958 ):
2. Definitions. To insure proper and uniform usage in UFO screenings, investigations, and reportings, the objects are defined as follows:

a. Familiar or Known Objects - Aircraft, birds, balloons, kites, searchlights, and astronomical bodies (meteors, planets, stars).
b. Unknown Aircraft:
(1) Flying objects determined to be aircraft. These generally appear as a result of ADIZ violations and often prompt the UFO reports submitted by the general public. They are readily identifiable as, or known to be, aircraft, but their type, purpose, origin, and destination are unknown. Air Defense Command is responsible for reports of "unknown" aircraft and they should not be reported as UFO's under this regulation.​
(2) Aircraft flares, jet exhausts, condensation trails, blinking or steady lights observed at night, lights circling or near airports and airways, and other similar phenomena resulting from, or indications of aircraft. These should not be reported under this regulation as they do not fall within the definition of a UFO.​
(3) Pilotless aircraft and missiles.​
c. Unidentified Flying Objects - Any airborne object which, by performance, aerodynamic characteristics, or unusual features, does not conform to known aircraft or missiles, or which does not correspond to definitions in a. and b. above.

You will notice that helicopters ( antique or otherwise ), don't fall under the USAF definition of UFO. They do fall under category a. Familiar or Known Objects. There is no provision for "seemingly strange coincidences of familiar aircraft." nor in my opinion should there be, unless perhaps it morphed into a 747 or pulled off some otherwise impossible maneuver. Official USAF definitions aside, it still doesn't even qualify as a common definition of a UFO or even the erroneous ones used by skeptics who incorrectly emphasize "unidentified" as part of the definition. It was visually identified as an old helicopter. There are plenty of strange and exotic aircraft out there, including antiques. Without some further details that go beyond sheer coincidence, I see no reason to class Chris' report as more than the sighting of an old yellow helicopter, let alone give it any credence as evidence that shakes the ETH.

Back