• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 18, 2015 — Dr. David Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good interview, but there are so many obvious questions that really needed to be asked, or if they were asked pushed further.

For example, Dr. Jacobs claims he now has many many people who speak of this new abduction scenario which includes a patient having to give daily "lessons" to their appointed hybrid. Jacobs said this training is as basic as grocery shopping, eating out, and interacting publicly with other humans. This raises the obvious question...what would happen if we put his patient "Bernard" under daily surveillance for an entire month. Surely, if these are "real" events, the investigator would be able to see several interactions of "Bernard" taking his hybrid "Eric" shopping. Surely there would be a clerk who would be able to testify to Bernard always coming into their "24 hour Walmart" with a peculiar guy who seemed to not know how to use a shopping cart. Additionally, there should be situations all over the world where every day humans witness strange interactions with abductees "training" their hybrid how do to all of these mundane things. I understand Jacobs sat for four hours outside one supposed hybrid's apartment, but to me that just isn't enough. If he has a list of 50 abductees, all with real "hybrid friends," those people need to be monitored. If what's happening is "real" then it would be impossible that someone, somewhere, would not have footage, or testimony about these odd training sessions inside grocery stores and restaurants across the world. I understand he is only a historian, but this is a no-brainer for me. It would be as simple as asking "So you say you took Eric to Walmart? How often do you do this? Can you describe to me the cashier?" Then follow up...

Also, it seems to me that since this new "abduction" experience now extends into the abductee's regular day, and are no longer just events that take place very late at night, were most people would go unnoticed if they were "taken away," we should then be seeing more wives, friends, and colleagues wondering "where Bernard went for 2 hours in the middle of a work day." Remember, Jacobs said that these people are "police officers, lawyers, university professors, etc" If these abductees are now being forced to train their hybrids all the time, yet only remember this under hypnosis, that shouldn't eliminate all the people around them who notice them continuously going missing each day for these training exercises!

If Bernard or any other wife asked "Sweetie, where did you go for two hours yesterday" and if he said "I don't remember," you would again have confirmatory evidence in all of these peripheral people wondering where their abductee friends and family went during the day. Moreover, you would have suspicious wives saying, "I followed into some strange apartment yesterday." This doesn't seem to be happening, therefore, I really question his conclusion.

Finally, I would be curious to know if Dr. Jacobs has any patients who might be homosexual. Are their gay and lesbian hybrids? Since he argues these abductions are predicated on reproduction, I would be curious to know if he has any homosexual patients. Imagine the aliens trying to figure THAT out during their training situations. If he does not have any gay or lesbian patients, then the clueless aliens, who need us to teach them everything about "human life" have a pretty damn good gay filter and must understand THAT aspect of humanity. So I would find it impossible that if these aliens are so clueless, and need us to explain simple life things to them, that they wouldn't statistically abduct a few transgender or gay test subjects. How would they know otherwise? What happens if they tried to abduct Catlin Jenner? Again, if these are real events perpetrated by clueless (in terms of human emotion, sexuality, and sociology) aliens. I think Jacob's and others should have all these types of people coming to him, including gay, lesbians and transgender. If he doesn't I would like to know he would explain that since these aliens don't seem to understand even the sheer basics of human existence.

Last edited:
YES! Thank you. Very well stated.

To add some additional thoughts, let's be clear on what the definition of hypnosis IS, not what Jacobs' wants to redefine it as.

The definition of Hypnosis, also referred to as hypnotherapy or hypnotic suggestion, is a trance-like state in which you have heightened focus and concentration. Hypnosis is usually done with the help of a therapist using verbal repetition and mental images. When you're under hypnosis, you usually feel calm and relaxed, and are more open to suggestions. ~ Mayo Clinic website

Jacobs' uses the term "hypnosis" when he refers to interviewing his subjects. He makes these claims on his website, in his lectures and in his books. He does not get to re-define the term as a way to avoid controversy and accountability.

Some important questions:

1) Do a researcher's methods matter in this type of hypnotic regression research? Yes or no?

2) Given the researcher's own description of how he conducts his interviews with hypnotized subjects during his recent Paracast appearance, as well as in his books, (leading questions, misleading questions, sole decider of what is "true" or not from a subject's recollection under hypnosis, hypnosis sessions via phone, hypnosis sessions via instant messenger) do they not highlight that his methods are highly suspect, not to mention significantly biased, thereby effectively distorting and ultimately tainting all of the material collected?

3) Given the evident biased and questionable manner in which this information was collected and interpreted, does that not then cast serious doubt on the researcher's conclusions using said research?

4) If you, a friend, or a loved one were experiencing emotional issues that you thought might be related to some high strange event like alien abduction, knowing what you [should] now know about Jacobs' methods, would he be your first and best choice to get that person help in place of a trained professional therapist?

5) Finally, and to echo LatentCauses' well-articulated point, would not the airing of unedited recordings of hypnotic regression sessions with some of his more prominent subjects be a way to introduce total transparency into this research and ultimately confirm or dispel any doubt as to what, specifically, his behavior and exact methods are during these sessions? These sessions have already been written about extensively in his books, with the subjects referred to by pseudonyms, so posting unedited recordings should not pose any significant additional privacy issues.
Why would he not get the audio transcribed - which can be cheaply outsourced - then do a REPLACE ALL in Microsoft Word to change names to XXXX or whatever. Then release the transcript. That way confidentiality is protected and the rest of us get to see the data. Can't for the life of me see any justification for not allowing analysis of the sessions. If he is so thorough to not lead the subject, then let us confirm for ourselves.

Why would he not get the audio transcribed - which can be cheaply outsourced - then do a REPLACE ALL in Microsoft Word to change names to XXXX or whatever. Then release the transcript. That way confidentiality is protected and the rest of us get to see the data. Can't for the life of me see any justification for not allowing analysis of the sessions. If he is so thorough to not lead the subject, then let us confirm for ourselves.
Such tactics would expose too much, both in his requests for used underwear as well as his broad science fiction strokes that he calls his interpretations of the "data" collected by his very accurate methods as he likes to call them. That people buy his books and support such fantasies and his highly questionable practices speaks to all that is wrong in ufoology. It's all noise and no signal.

It is a good read. It expands upon the questions we've asked Dr. Jacobs, about surveillance and testing. After the show, he indicated he wouldn't refuse help from outside experts.

But it raises the paranoid circular argument. If you don't get the subject's permission to track them, it's a privacy concern. If they accept the concept, would they unconsciously attempt to sabotage the system? If they are responding to alien masters, would "they" do something to block it? Paranoid, but that would be the excuse.

It's something that needs to be at least tried to take these claims from the anecdotal to the evidential.

"It's something that needs to be at least tried to take these claims from the anecdotal to the evidential."

Yeah, like testing a girl's underwear for alien DNA. You have no idea how ridiculous you've made the show look, nor do you seem to give a rat's arse. I'll give you credit for sticking to your guns, and nothing more. Certainly not for an original intelligence. I expect so very much more from the author of the critically acclaimed "Attack of the Rockoids".

Simply put: If you want interest and respect for an interesting field, a lack that Chris rightly bemoaned at the beginning of the show, you're gonna have to deal with the dirty underwear of ufology, and that includes Emma Woods. Game, set, match.
Otherwise, your show is a fan boy fixation on what you perceive as ufological celebrities. If you don't see that, you see nada. End of story. And the end of my listening to you, by the way. No great loss. I was enjoying the paranormal stuff, but you see, any respect for a stalker like Jacobs is gonna get you contempt in the real world. And your underwear comment proves it. In fact, your underwear comment proves who you are. Send it in to the lab, what's there to see here? Move along, listen to the wise words of Mr. Jacobs, and his reasonable request for underwear. Checkmate.

[p/s play the Jacobs material to any woman. Do you have any female friends? I'll bet you one of your [recent email] requests for $1000 in advertising that 90% of them find the underwear and chastity belt material offensive. Do you care? Apparently not... OK. Again, checkmate.]

Last edited:
You keep getting it wrong. I never said making that request is an inoffensive matter, or that it sounds OK. I was simply stating its purpose. If someone claims to have had sexual interactions with aliens, wouldn't you want to run a DNA test? And what would you test? How would you phrase that request in order not to have it seem kinky? You seem to have forgotten my use of that term too. I realize it does sound kinky. But what do you test? Run a rape kit? What?

"Kinky?" No, I would say "inappropriate" [at best!], and so would most of the people around you, but hey, you couldn't care less, and that's fine. I say you don't do any "tests" at all, without any "alien" proof, and I say that along with 99.9% of your listeners, I would imagine. I used to be the biggest advocate for this show... in fact, a few weeks ago I was a would-be paracast plus sucker. You've totally lost me forever, and you responded to nothing I said. Notice, I didn't mention Chris at all. I'm talking about you, the host of the show. Again, do you have female friends?

I will never listen to your show again, and I was an avid listener. I'm not the only one, just someone who will go one the record. Best of luck, Gene, you're gonna need it, and then some.

You keep getting it wrong. I never said making that request is an inoffensive matter, or that it sounds OK. I was simply stating its purpose. If someone claims to have had sexual interactions with aliens, wouldn't you want to run a DNA test? And what would you test? How would you phrase that request in order not to have it seem kinky? You seem to have forgotten my use of that term too. I realize it does sound kinky. But what do you test? Run a rape kit? What?

As you wrote earlier, you are "presuming" that the underwear was requested for genetic testing. There are certainly appropriate ways to request and obtain forensic evidence (and without recommending chastity belts) - one of the reasons I posted a link to the Ritzmann article in the "Ask Dr Jacobs" thread (perhaps belatedly for the purpose of the interview) was because it discusses Jacobs' failure to provide genetic and forensic support for his claims. Has he, in fact, ever obtained forensic evidence and if so, how did he handle it and was it tested?

If Emma Woods was not the person not to be discussed, perhaps Jacobs could have provided more information about that - not only about Woods but about what she has posted that deal directly with claims, the individuals, and the methods that Jacobs relies upon in his book.

As discussed above, if Jacobs wants to refute that type of analysis, he should provide access to the data - which would include both transcripts of interviews and forensic support - since "presumably" he has been interested in obtaining that.

Last edited:
"Kinky?" No, I would say "inappropriate" [at best!], and so would most of the people around you, but hey, you couldn't care less, and that's fine. I say you don't do any "tests" at all, without any "alien" proof, and I say that along with 99.9% of your listeners, I would imagine. I used to be the biggest advocate for this show... in fact, a few weeks ago I was a would-be paracast plus sucker. You've totally lost me forever, and you responded to nothing I said. Notice, I didn't mention Chris at all. I'm talking about you, the host of the show. Again, do you have female friends?

I will never listen to your show again, and I was an avid listener. I'm not the only one, just someone who will go one the record. Best of luck, Gene, you're gonna need it, and then some.
Again, nothing you say makes any sense to me. You seem to have been bent out of shape by a single sentence, which doesn't express my point of view, but merely cites the apparent effort of one person to request an item of clothing with which to conduct tests. You have no better alternative, and your mental breakdown makes no sense to me.

Have a happy life.

As you wrote earlier, you are "presuming" that the underwear was requested for genetic testing. There are certainly appropriate ways to request and obtain forensic evidence (and without recommending chastity belts) - one of the reasons I posted a link to the Ritzmann article in the "Ask Dr Jacobs" thread (perhaps belatedly for the purpose of the interview) was because it discusses Jacobs' failure to provide genetic and forensic support for his claims. Has he, in fact, ever obtained forensic evidence and if so, how did he handle it and was it tested?

If Emma Woods was not the person not to be discussed, perhaps Jacobs could have provided more information - not only about Woods but about what she has posted that deal directly with claims, the individuals, and the methods that Jacobs relies upon in his book.

As discussed above, if Jacobs wants to refute that type of analysis, he should provide access to the data - which would include both transcripts of interviews and forensic support - since "presumably" he has been interested in obtaining that.
We did ask Dr. Jacobs about evidence, about a way to monitor those who claim to have regular abduction encounters. That's where we had a problem, and I would hope that others would be willing to attempt to work with him to gather more evidence, since many of these abductees claim to have ongoing encounters with "them."

Monitoring is one aspect of that , but since you are presuming he has asked for underwear because it might include DNA evidence, it would be important to know if he has obtained such evidence in other cases, how he has handled it, and whether it has been tested.

Certainly, a request to a subject that explained why he wanted the material, the importance of confirming the memories he has uncovered, how he intends to use it, and providing the results of any testing would be far different than what I understand happened.

Look, the bigger question is did he even need the underwear in the first place, never mind the absolute inanity of one species attempting to mate with another for the purposes of "hubrid creations" - talk about utter biological nonsense. If anyone was ever onboard a ship of an alien nature and then certainly any article of clothing will do. Anything that said alien touched will leave DNA - no underwear needed, no rape kit required. If this really is happening with so many people then a couple of shirts will do the trick - no intimacies needed.

It speaks to what's really going on with this guy and how he is exploiting people, and by the sounds of it, for his own pleasures. Even his discussion around scientifically testing materials, identifying who the hubrids are etc, was sketchy at best. There is no science taking place here at all.

On the other hand, if Jacobs is all that stands between us and the planetary takeover then god help us as we are doomed, for even he doesn't seem to be too darned motivated to establish real proof of much of anything at all. This is all just a fiction of the mind, with darker consequences. And it's those consequences of his methods and other intentions that need to be investigated much more critically.

"It's something that needs to be at least tried to take these claims from the anecdotal to the evidential."

Yeah, like testing a girl's underwear for alien DNA. You have no idea how ridiculous you've made the show look, nor do you seem to give a rat's arse. I'll give you credit for sticking to your guns, and nothing more. Certainly not for an original intelligence. I expect so very much more from the author of the critically acclaimed "Attack of the Rockoids".

Simply put: If you want interest and respect for an interesting field, a lack that Chris rightly bemoaned at the beginning of the show, you're gonna have to deal with the dirty underwear of ufology, and that includes Emma Woods. Game, set, match.
Otherwise, your show is a fan boy fixation on what you perceive as ufological celebrities. If you don't see that, you see nada. End of story. And the end of my listening to you, by the way. No great loss. I was enjoying the paranormal stuff, but you see, any respect for a stalker like Jacobs is gonna get you contempt in the real world. And your underwear comment proves it. In fact, your underwear comment proves who you are. Send it in to the lab, what's there to see here? Move along, listen to the wise words of Mr. Jacobs, and his reasonable request for underwear. Checkmate.

[p/s play the Jacobs material to any woman. Do you have any female friends? I'll bet you one of your [recent email] requests for $1000 in advertising that 90% of them find the underwear and chastity belt material offensive. Do you care? Apparently not... OK. Again, checkmate.]
Yeah checkmate.
You win
You win
You win
You win
Why don't you do something constructive with your limited time.
Besides insulting the show's host and taking the piss out of the forum.
hungry_man_angry_man_tshirt-r69b599d3aada4da7a3e82609ed455ab3_804gs_324.jpg

Last edited:
On the other hand, if Jacobs is all that stands between us and the planetary takeover then god help us as we are doomed, for even he doesn't seem to be too darned motivated to establish real proof of much of anything at all. This is all just a fiction of the mind, with darker consequences. And it's those consequences of his methods and other intentions that need to be investigated much more critically.

I am not sure that DNA could be found on just about any item that was part of a human-alien hybrid encounter. I have reviewed DNA evidence in some of my client's criminal cases, and there may be some items more likely to have DNA than others. But you would have to know the circumstances that were alleged to evaluate the likelihood of finding biological material suitable for testing. A random request for any item out of the blue would not be appropriate.

But I agree that there are dark consequences to what Jacobs is doing that make it go beyond entertainment or science fiction. If it were just a man stating that insect alien hybrids are taking over the planet, that would be one thing.
But the methods he has used have had profound consequences - not only for some of his subjects, but from what is known about the use of hypnotic techniques in parallel situations that led people to believe that they or their family had eaten children as part of satanic rituals.

I can understand why he was an invited guest, but I don't think I would have invited him unless he agreed to provide full accounting, actual data, and corroboration. The burden is on him and until that is provided, all the anecdotes are meaningless.

Last edited:
He's done it over the phone as well. Remember, to him hypnosis is a relaxation technique. You aren't being put into a trance, but relaxing. I suppose that's the reason he feels he can do that.

My only encounters with hypnosis occurred when I was very young and I tried it out on some neighborhood friends. One subject appeared to go under, and we got him to give up smoking cigarettes for a few weeks until his friends continued to egg him on. That essentially undid my efforts.

Recently I had cause to be in the home of a very successful psychotherapist, who happens to specialise in trauma. She is so well regarded that hospital consultants etc come to her, partly because she does not practice in an office or clinic setting.

No, I didn't bring up abductions but I just wanted to point out that she told me she regularly has sessions with clients over Skype.

I suppose if the person needing the counselling can understand instructions/questions etc coming from a therapist, be it for hypnosis or not, it might not matter that a bit of technology join the two? Again I feel I need to make it clear I am very uneasy about the alien abduction hypothesis and I am neither a supporter or detractor of David Jacobs. I just dislike people jumping on the fact he is a historian, as if that would somehow prevent him learning how to do something millions of other people do.

No, I didn't bring up abductions but I just wanted to point out that she told me she regularly has sessions with clients over Skype.

A quick search shows that several hypnotists offer sessions by phone or by skype. In YouTube you can see a Skype session where the hypnotist tries to convince a subject that they are a cat. And others will teach you how to be a hypnotist in just three days!

As a historian, Jacobs should be aware of the historical problems associated with hypnosis in "recovering" memories of traumatic events that go beyond the norm. These problems have led researchers, practitioners, and professional groups to warn against hypnosis when used to recover memories of traumatic events. I do not know any peer reviewed research that has established the validity of the techniques he uses, for the purpose he uses them, but any number of research indicates the danger of relying on these methods.

Jacobs claims that he uses methods that prevent these type of experiences, but the only data from his sessions that I have seen indicate otherwise. Again, it is his burden to substantiate the methods he uses and the results he obtains.

He should also be aware that he is dealing with deeply traumatic subjects - including sexual abuse and rape by hybrids. Is that the kind of subject that should be left to phones or Skype? I don't know about context that the psychotherapist uses skype, but so suspect she does not use it to recover memories of horrendous experiences.

Yes, a historian can be trained to use hypnosis. And being a certified hypnotherapist is no guarantee that sound judgment or accepted methods will be used - otherwise I do not think CHTs would be conducting group regression at an upcoming conference.

But when its use leads into areas that have been problematic in the past should we require accounting? Do we have any reason to trust Walking Among Us any more than Michelle Remembers? At least the author of Michelle allowed his source material to be scrutinized. We don't even have that here.

Maybe the satanists in Michelle learned from it and now want their victims to believe they are aliens? Maybe we have any number of groups out there sexually traumatizing people, creating super soldiers, or doing whatever they want in ways that can only be discovered through hypnosis. Or maybe none of it is true.

Last edited:
Hippocratic Oath:

Papyrus_text%3B_fragment_of_Hippocratic_oath._Wellcome_L0034090.jpg

Modern version:

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humility and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

Although I do not agree with Dr jacobs views, should we attack his contribution to the show? If we attack the Paracast and it's hosts for putting on those we do not agree, then by proxy we are asking for censorship. If we believe in censorship then so can it be true that should any government have information on things that may not be in the public domain, then they can say we are not ready for that information to be made available. I believe we should give even the most outlandish of so called researchers who make definitive conclusions a platform, so that their research can stand or fall on its merits.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back