• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Oct 19 - Siani: Break-out paranormal star of 2008

Sorry, but implying that someone is lying is always a personal attack.
Ahh i'm not so sure.... since it is one of the possible options within any case. I don't think it would be offensive to say "i'm sorry Siani (or whoever), but i just don't think i believe you, no offense"

People are welcome to think that I am lying when i recount any of my experiences, although sadly I only have one that i consider to be even vaguely paranormal.

Ahh i'm not so sure.... since it is one of the possible options within any case. I don't think it would be offensive to say "i'm sorry Siani (or whoever), but i just don't think i believe you, no offense"

People are welcome to think that I am lying when i recount any of my experiences, although sadly I only have one that i consider to be even vaguely paranormal.

I agree. My first comment with the spare me was harsh. I like your way better.

I found Siani's recollections a very refreshing episode. I play episodes at night and this one was the first in a long time to give me chills, and make me look over my shoulder. To me it's unimportant whether her stories are fake - I can relate as I have my own bizarro bag full of scary unexplained experiences unrelated to each other that I can't prove to someone on the internets happened, yet know otherwise. I am grateful to Siani for sharing all those with us and wish Gene and David brought more such interviewees to the paracast.

I went back and listened to this episode yesterday because I wanted to check the sequence of events.
People who experience UFO sightings and other "paranormal" phenomena raise some interesting questions (once we exclude all the con artists and fantasy-prone individuals of course).
There is naturally no reason for some people not to have both UFO sightings and other paranormal experiences purely as a matter of coincidence, but there definitely seems to be something else at work here.
One possibility of course (probably the first that occurs to many) is that all the phenomena are related in some way...this suggests that at least some UFO sightings are truly paranormal in nature (whatever that means - and my personal suspicion is that the UFO phenomenon is not one but many, encompassing paranormal phenomena, possible nuts-and-bolts spacecraft, possible time travellers, possible inter-dimensional beings [whatever that turns out to mean] and unknown natural phenomena, among other things). The "high-strangeness" UFO cases are certainly consistent with a paranormal explanation (although all that a "paranormal explanation" comes down to in the end is that when we say we don't know, we mean we really, really, really don't know).
Another possibility (and the reason I listened to Siani's interview again) is that a dramatic UFO experience (something more than "Oh look, there's a little light in the sky...OK it's gone") affects certain people so profoundly that their perceptions are permanently altered...from then on their version of reality encompasses possibilities that most people filter out. UFOs as an instrument of enchantment, if you like. Such a person might have heightened sensitivity to paranormal phenomena (and some connection to them, as with the poltergeist effect). This in itself might attract entities that see the sensitised individual as a bridge between worlds, states or realities (Dear God I'm rambling now...Oh well, might as well finish what I've started).
Another possibility (which admittedly doesn't fit reported cases very well) is that individuals with a susceptibility to paranormal experiences are themselves for that reason of interest to the intelligence behind UFOs (or behind what some of them may turn out to be).

Researchers with an emotional investment in the "Star Trekky" scenarios tend to shy aware from high strangeness cases and witnesses who report a history of multiple paranormal incidents...not only does this do a disservice to the witnesses and apply an artificial filter to the cases that get examined, it may also cause these researchers to overlook what may turn out to be the key to the mystery (although as I suggested above, I don't think there is one single key).

I just got to that episode yesterday (my RL is so busy I've fallen a bit behind on the episodes) and it was awesome! Thanks, Siani, and David and Jamie. The experiences were fascinating. Siani was enjoyable to listen to as well as thorough and sincere. David and his pal's experience was really odd and I can see why for weeks afterwards it would still boggle your minds. I've never had anything like that happen to me so I don't know how I would react.

As for Siani's spinning entity that was just plain way out weird. :cool: I think I would have been just as unnerved as you and did the same thing. Turn on every light and wait it out and try to wish it away. I've never heard anything like it. Thanks to all three of you for sharing.

Thanks, GSB. Haven't listened to it yet - I hate the sound of my own voice, LOL. Looking forward to hearing what David and his friend have to say.

The spinning entity story scared the shit out of me. There isn't much that bugs me, but the idea of someone impersonating a friend, and then becoming something else, is terrifying.

What bothered me the most about it, was its behavior towards you. The notion that you picked up on it, is probably why you're still here. If something has to impersonate someone to get to you, it's probably a good reason to turn it away.

There have been stories about children showing up at people's doors needing to use a phone to call a parent, then of course by then it's too late.

The spinning entity story scared the shit out of me. There isn't much that bugs me, but the idea of someone impersonating a friend, and then becoming something else, is terrifying.

What bothered me the most about it, was its behavior towards you. The notion that you picked up on it, is probably why you're still here. If something has to impersonate someone to get to you, it's probably a good reason to turn it away.

There have been stories about children showing up at people's doors needing to use a phone to call a parent, then of course by then it's too late.

As you can imagine, no unexpected caller who rings my doorbell late at night, stands any chance of getting an answer. I'm glad to say I've had no such visitors since. Whatever it was, it was not nice. I got the distinct impression it couldn't get to me unless I invited it in, unless I fell for the deceit. My knowledge that it wasn't who it purported to be, seemed to utterly thwart whatever agenda it had.

I try not to think about what would have happened had I lived on the ground floor, and left a window open that night. Would it still have needed my permission to enter? Who knows. BTW, the girl it impersonated was around 17 at the time, so still, technically, a child.

I just listened to this episode tonight, and I have to agree, the spinning/tornado entity was definitely creepy. I've experienced a lot of unexplainable things in my life, but I've never even heard of anything like this before. Very compelling stuff, Siani.

I just finished listening to this archived show and I looked back to find a post about it. I had a very similar experience to David & Jamie's with a friend last year. My friend and I regularly discussed the same type topics of the "nature of reality", paranormal issues, etc.. Over the years, I have done many "experiments" with meditation, visuals, etc, to try and change my perception of "time" to see if I could actually influence it in some ways. I never really had any results worth mentioning aside from an occasional "well, that's odd". I need to mention that my friend can see auras and has since a child. She used to have a lot of siezures and it could have possibly resulted from that.

Now, this trip we took is one that I have driven dozens of times. It takes 4-4.5 hours every time. I, like David, drive the speed limit and my vehicle isn't capable of going a high rate of speed anyway. We discussed our normal topic of reality & paranormal stuff the entire trip. On the drive home, I do this thing that is one of my experiments in which I imagine surrounding myself in a bubble and that bubble is then removed from space/time as we know it, allowing me to travel faster and get home earlier. I do this most everywhere I go but, again, no major results. We get on the road for the return trip and we had a few minutes of silence as she was looking out the window in the passenger side and I was driving, so I took a deep breath and envisioned my time bubble around us. Since I had an extra passenger, I decided to mentally "push" it out further for 2 people. At the moment I did this, she says "woah..what was that?" (she is still looking out the window) and I said "what?" thinking she had seen an animal, sign,etc. She says "you know those green matrix falling letter things? well I just saw them falling all around us!" I couldn't speak for a few minutes just thinking about what she saw. Remember, she can see auras! I then told her what I did as I had never mentioned that in our conversations for just such reasons so that I can feel more validated about it. We discuss that on the rest of the trip and how weird it was she could see what I did but more importantly, it was validation that my mental and visual process ACTUALLY did something that I was never aware of because I couldn't see any changes around me. She apparently saw my aura expand out to encompass us as a result of what I did.

Now..we get home after this long discussion to see that we made the trip 1.5 hours early!!! We were just weirded out but assumed that my "experiment" finally yielded results. No way to cut off 1.5 hours the way I drive..not possible. I would have had to driven faster than my vehicle will even allow.

A second incident happened about 6 months ago as I was leaving my office one day. When pulling onto the highway, to my left is a small rise/hill which I make sure nothing is coming over and then as it goes by to the right, it is a long stretch of road about a 1/2 mile to a curve that goes out of sight. I'm sitting there about to pull out and a small blue S-10 truck comes over the rise and passes me with nothing behind it. I watch it go by and follow with my eyes checking to see if anything is coming from the opposite direction. It is not, so I pull out. About the time I get my front bumper into the road, a quick peripheral view makes me slam the brakes as I then watch the exact same S-10 truck go by and I immediately turn right to see nothing down that 1/2 mile road execpt the "2nd" S-10 that just went by. I was freaked.

Since that time, I have had so many unusual experiences I cannot count them. I am actually MANIFESTING things from thought. I got my theories on why but I dunno. As a background, yes , I have always been interested in paranormal type things.

Wow, dreampsi, that sounds a lot like David's description of his trip. That's the only time I've ever heard of something similar. Concerning the two blue trucks, could those have just been two similar trucks traveling together? That kind of thing happens a lot with commercial and construction vehicles, especially near the beginning and end of the workday.

no, it couldn't have been a 2nd vehicle because as I stated, the road to the right is about a 1/2 mile as far as you can see and the time between these events was maybe 15 seconds? So, I would have been able to see the 1st "vehicle" still driving down that 1/2 mile stretch. I have thought about it a lot and can only assume it was a) some precog type event which would put me in serious jeopardy if that ever happened again or b) it was some sort of eye/brain thing like people assume is a deja vu type incident. I am leaning toward "b" but that, too, seems dangerous to have while driving. At least it has never happened in my life before so I think I can chalk it up to a 1 time event.

Back