• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Oct 19 - Siani: Break-out paranormal star of 2008

Drew,

While I certainly understand your points, please understand that I DO NOT speed, EVER. I'm one of those drivers that does 55 mph, and I have to stick to the right lane to not drive people behind me crazy. I've driven from Boston to New York more than a couple of times - always I-95, never a different route. The drive normally takes just around 4 hours. It took us around 2 hours. I wasn't speeding, and we drove on I-95.

dB
I will agree with David here. I have done the Boston to New York drive a number of times over the years. You have to be one crazy, insane driver to make the trip in two hours. What's more, you'd stand a 99.99% chance of getting stopped along the way by the authorities, and a high chance of causing a major accident because you'd be rapidly weaving in and out of traffic.

I can see this happening in the seldom-traveled interstates in some of the western states, but not in the super-cluttered northeast.

I will agree with David here. I have done the Boston to New York drive a number of times over the years. You have to be one crazy, insane driver to make the trip in two hours. What's more, you'd stand a 99.99% chance of getting stopped along the way by the authorities, and a high chance of causing a major accident because you'd be rapidly weaving in and out of traffic.

I can see this happening in the seldom-traveled interstates in some of the western states, but not in the super-cluttered northeast.

Do you think it's even possible?

I finally met someone else who doesn't speed. I rarely do. You get there around the same time, thanks to stop lights. On the highway/interstate? I hate cops, so I try and avoid them by going the speed limit, or 5 above.

If I thought it was possible, it would never have been mentioned, much less featured, on the show.

I agree with you, but Gene seemed to be leaving the window open a little, so to speak in his earlier post.

If some circumstance forced us to to explore mundane explanations for your experience, I don't think we would focus on outrageous driving speeds.

This is why I asked Gene if he thought it was even possible; he's clearly familiar with the route.

I found David's problem with wrist watches very interesting. Several members of my family, on my mother's side, can't wear watches, as they either stop, or start running behind time. I can wear watches without a problem, but rechargeable batteries tend to drain pretty quickly around me. I've always had a problem with cell phone, cordless phone, and camera batteries draining too fast, as well as batteries in personal audio equipment. I don't have the same problem with single use batteries. I recently replaced my battery charger and bought several new batteries, but still have the same issues :frown:.

I Dont think anyone can do a trip that takes four hours in two hours virtually impossible. A rental car as far as i know, doesnt have a racing car build engine build into it lol.This strange event is either paranormal, or something else entirely.If David could elaborate more on his watches story we might get a better understanding of what accorded, or we might not.

Hello All,

(*Crosses fingers not to jinx myself by annoying (putting it mildly) David Biedny again.) ;)

I would like to comment on the 2nd half of the show. When Mr. Jeff Ritzman had you on his podcast David i listened to it and also posted within the comments. About one occurrence that sounded similar that i saw on the History Channel over a year ago.

It was on the topic of the Dragon's Triangle, similar to the Bermuda (Devil's) Triangle but on the direct opposite side of the world. On the southern tip of Japan where one of the world's deepest Oceanic trenches occur on both sides of the planet. (the Japanese and Puerto Rican tips of there respective triangles)

This incident was about a C-130 Hercules U.S. Air Force Transport that flys from Hawaii to Japan. Usually the flight takes them 6 hours plus, which was explained as a routine occurrence. But one night the military air transport flight took half the time. (basically around 3 hours)

Overall spooking the pilots and air crew not to mention the receiving air traffic controllers at the US military installation in Japan.

The History channel documentry on the "Dragon's Triangle" speculated besides time dilation. That perhaps what we perceive as regular gravity had a "thinning effect" thus speeding up their journey.

Regarding your conversation that was in the flow or "in the moment" with Jamie. That vibe you two considered had started during your road trip. But perhaps both you David and Jamie had been stoking the flames of such a personal vibration during your rich conversations the night before. Where as you stated David you got very poor sleep the night before due to such rich and stimulating conversations with Jamie.

So this rich vibe culminated with this time dilated road trip you both shared. Remember Jeff Ritzman likes to state whatever you focus on deeply tends to come to pass coincedently. Both you and Jamie were in that Zone and i guess something had to give back.

Regarding your effect on wrist watches, were you ever exposed to any sort of radiation? Besides the usual starring into a microwave window as your meal cooks. :p Not to sound New Agey but it seems your Aura has such a weird effect on analog watches.

Do these analog watches by chance have crystal movements?

Good show nonetheless. :)

I wonder if the out/in mileage entries on Jaime's rental agreement would confirm that the car actually travelled the expected distance. I don't know what exactly that might prove, but it's another data point to consider.

If we could canvas all of the other drivers that happened to observe your car that day, what would they report? Racking my brain here, but only three options come to mind:

1) Your car travelling at insane speeds for two hours straight without being pulled over or getting stuck in traffic.
2) Your car travelling at normal speed, disappearing at some point A outside of Boston, then a moment later, re-appearing at point B 120 miles from point A.
3) Nothing. All drivers on that particual road on that particular all experience the same contraction of road surface (or dilation of time).

Any other options? These are all incredible.

Of course there's my pet option 4: Those who lord over the computed simulation we all seem to inhabit took a keen interest in your metaphysical discussion, and chose to prank you in this manner as a cheeky acknowedgement of your ideas.

The thing about all these sorts of stories is that they are inherently unverifiable. I don't mean that as a criticism and I'm not saying I don't 'believe' it. It's part of the package. If there is a rift--of ANY sort--it's as if part of the script is to make sure it can't be nailed down. The consequences of verifiability are too severe and not allowed. I know this may fall under the Fascist View of the Nature of Reality, but it is at least possible that these sort of incidences are 'engineered,' if you will, to ensure thay cannot be pinned down. There is always a way out, of plausible deniability to protect the secrets unveiled. This is part of what I personally do not appreciate about the setup of reality (as I see it). Of course, from my limited vantage point, I cannot possibly understand all the issues. But I'm still pissed, and if I can ever get up there, I intend to cause some shit about this.

... Racking my brain here, but only three options come to mind:

1) Your car travelling at insane speeds for two hours straight without being pulled over or getting stuck in traffic.
2) Your car travelling at normal speed, disappearing at some point A outside of Boston, then a moment later, re-appearing at point B 120 miles from point A.
3) Nothing. All drivers on that particual road on that particular all experience the same contraction of road surface (or dilation of time).

My guess would be something like Number 2. (Assuming a paranormal phenomenon.)

Time does not appear to have been tampered with, all participants experienced 2 hours (including Jamie's wife.). "Space" somehow got scrunched up, in a way not overtly discernible to Db or Jaimie or the automobile itself.

Of course there's my pet option 4: Those who lord over the computed simulation we all seem to inhabit took a keen interest in your metaphysical discussion, and chose to prank you in this manner as a cheeky acknowedgement of your ideas.

Somebody is definitely being messed with.

The thing about all these sorts of stories is that they are inherently unverifiable. I don't mean that as a criticism and I'm not saying I don't 'believe' it. It's part of the package. If there is a rift--of ANY sort--it's as if part of the script is to make sure it can't be nailed down. The consequences of verifiability are too severe and not allowed. ... it is at least possible that these sort of incidences are 'engineered,' if you will, to ensure thay cannot be pinned down. There is always a way out, of plausible deniability to protect the secrets unveiled.

I have been appreciating conjecture like this for some time, noting that it's as if these intelligences have the ability to go back in time and "fix" an event if it is too verifiable. Or, there is some natural law that keeps them on the fringe of our collective consciousness. They have to stay "within the rails", so to speak.

Time travel wouldn't have to be the mechanism, there could be some kind've Global Consciousness Attention Monitor device that signals UFO occupants or Ghosties to zip away if they are coming too sharply into focus somewhere.

I Dont think anyone can do a trip that takes four hours in two hours virtually impossible. A rental car as far as i know, doesnt have a racing car build engine build into it lol.This strange event is either paranormal, or something else entirely.If David could elaborate more on his watches story we might get a better understanding of what accorded, or we might not.

I dont see how David elaborating on his watches phenomenon is going to help. It clearly wasnt related to the time dilation. First, you have the fact that the in car clock was digital.

And secondly - and probably more importantly - the fact that his friends girlfriend verified their confusion with confusion of her own, not to mention an upstairs clock that told a similar story!

I hope David telling his analogue watch strangeness doesnt get interpreted as the cause here, because I really dont see how it could.

these sort of incidences are 'engineered,' if you will, to ensure thay cannot be pinned down.

My thoughts exactly. This seems to be the common thread running through all of this stuff.

As for the the "space crunch" -- if this only happened to Jaime & David's car and no one else, then other drivers would observe their car taking on the appearance of a super-duper stretch limo that is 120 miles long.

My thoughts exactly. This seems to be the common thread running through all of this stuff.

In other words... throw out what you think you know, 'cause you dont know shit about the way reality really works.

Heres an interesting idea: I wonder if anyone else travelling on the interstate that day had a similar experience. What if, EVERYONE travelling that route on that day had the same bizarre time dilation experience? Its possible - its not like youre going to down and tell the press. Its highly unlikely that youre going to compare notes or ask anyone if they too experienced the same thing.

Also, David said there was no shops or towns on the way, so its not like there was a truck stop where people could freak out together.

This theory would also help explain how no one would have seen the car doing any weird shit. Because EVERYONE was in the 'weird shit bubble' and didnt realise until they checked the clocks at home that night.

As for the the "space crunch" -- if this only happened to Jaime & David's car and no one else, then other drivers would observe their car taking on the appearance of a super-duper stretch limo that is 120 miles long.

If the aliens (whatever) decided to have a little fun with them, and made a tube of scrunched up space for them to drive through, what would it look like from the outside? If you are outside of it, could we even see it? What if we were on the inside of the tube looking out at normal space?

What happens to light that crosses from one region to the other?

Could the technology ("magic") make everything look normal to everybody else?

Just fumbling out some thoughts here.

This incident was about a C-130 Hercules U.S. Air Force Transport that flys from Hawaii to Japan. Usually the flight takes them 6 hours plus, which was explained as a routine occurrence. But one night the military air transport flight took half the time. (basically around 3 hours)

Overall spooking the pilots and air crew not to mention the receiving air traffic controllers at the US military installation in Japan.

Unusual meteorological affects? Some form of a periodic Jet Stream being created? The weather is certainly becomming more peculiar with climatic effects.

I think I have misunderstood the US traffic regulations - but I know in the UK although the National Speed Limit is 65-70mph - we often approach 100mph. If you travelled at 55mph on the motorways here - even HGV's and Artics would overtake you.

I think I did Hull - Liverpool (approx 110 miles) in about an hour once - but I must admit it was around christmas and there was not enough traffic on the roads, and unusually no roadworks.

I thought that in America - less densely populated - I thought you might be able to let it rip a bit - when I was in Houston in a Taxi not so long ago, the roads looked prettty clear but I wasn't exactly paying too much attention to the speedo - and maybe nearer New York this is probably alot different.

But, I certainly don't doubt what David and James are saying - I just need to ask the questions -

David did your car look like this? -

I thought that in America - less densely populated - I thought you might be able to let it rip a bit

Sure, if you're in Montana on I-90 where every exit is called 'Ranch Access.' But the two coasts, especially, are densely traveled on the Interstates. I've seen it backed up on I-75 to a slow crawl on a holiday like Memorial Day from Florida to New York--as bad as the M road around London. I lived in Macon, Georgia at the time and had to take the back way into work. If you drive on I-5 from Seattle to Portland pretty much anytime, well, they call it "The Slog." It's no fun. Add the semis into the mix and, as they say, you go nowhere fast.

On a more serious note - I have little doubt that these time irregularities do exist - and I believe that there more common than people accept.

I have been quite perplexed some times when it seems that the time required to do something occurs in the fraction of time it actually takes. I have rarely but on more than one occasion have had to switch on the TV to make sure my clocks in the house are on the same measurement as the world outside since the tasks that I have been performing do not justify the time elapsed - but never to the extent as two hours in the topical case and given the presence of an extra witness is quite truly remarkable.

But, I always shrug this off like the Deja Vu phenonemon - where perception of a moment say for 2-3mins repeats itself from history. Then you get Deja Vu Squared which is even more bizarre.

But, another thing with time is that I feel like most people that time seems to "feel" quicker as we age.

My brother in law had a theory about this:

That for annual time (year) it seems longer for the 1 year old has he is experiencing it for the first time - i.e. A 100% perception.
For the 2 Year old - it is his second year so a year now only becomes 50% of his percieved time.
3 Year old, 33%...4 YO , 25% ...etc..

So when your lets say 40. Your perceived annual time is only 2.5% of the total - hence it appears quicker.

I don't know where he was going with this one - but it did sound quite revolutionary when he told it us.

I dont see how David elaborating on his watches phenomenon is going to help. It clearly wasnt related to the time dilation. First, you have the fact that the in car clock was digital.

And secondly - and probably more importantly - the fact that his friends girlfriend verified their confusion with confusion of her own, not to mention an upstairs clock that told a similar story!

I hope David telling his analogue watch strangeness doesnt get interpreted as the cause here, because I really dont see how it could.

Why i asked him to elaborate on his watches story, is because i am interested in how he effects the inner parts of the watch, he may not, i was just asking? digital clocks have inner parts too,if they didnt they wouldnt work.

I dont doubt the story, but the story is mainly based on the evidence of the clock in the car when they left for New york which read sometime past seven. They didnt look at any clock before that, i believe i am open to correction on that.?

I am not saying it wasnt a paranormal event,i just like more information on the event?

Back