• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

November 20th Show

wwkirk

Paranormal Adept
J.C. Johnson seems to be one lucky investigator. If he is to be believed, then he has had a slew of encounters with and observations of cryptids. If he is not on the up and up, he is at least a good yarn spinner. All and all, it was an entertaining and absorbing episode.

Well he also said he'd talked to a lot of people who reported cases to him. He was definitely NOT the only witness to these events.

Got to say that I thought it was an entertaining episode, too. He was certainly great at telling stories. I nearly fell off my chair laughing when Gene mentioned the similarities between True Blood and the world of the various creatures JC was mentioning.

Is there a link to any of the video evidence he mentioned?

Also... just how many ex-wives does he have? He sure seems to get around!:)

i liked the show but i think J.C. is full of it. he said the big snake in the water "slimed" his wife when it touched her... snakes are not slimy.

I listen to the show occasionally, for the entertainment value more than anything, and this is the first time I've ever been really compelled to comment on it. I have to agree with pixelsmith. There were a lot of amazing claims in that interview. And as the late Carl Sagan says, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". Sadly, there is none. Not just from JC, but from anyone investigating these amazing claims. Anecdotes and dead animals do not equal dinosaurs or Bigfoot. I viewed that sheep video and beyond the dramatic music and editing, it was just a mess of dead sheep. And the conversation with the woman was more leading the witness than an interview. If I'm not mistaken, JC mentioned trying to get a (presumably cryptid) show off the ground and making as many silly claims as possible would certainly get you noticed. If nothing else, it would be entertaining.

I listen to the show occasionally, for the entertainment value more than anything, and this is the first time I've ever been really compelled to comment on it. I have to agree with pixelsmith. There were a lot of amazing claims in that interview. And as the late Carl Sagan says, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". Sadly, there is none. Not just from JC, but from anyone investigating these amazing claims. Anecdotes and dead animals do not equal dinosaurs or Bigfoot. I viewed that sheep video and beyond the dramatic music and editing, it was just a mess of dead sheep. And the conversation with the woman was more leading the witness than an interview. If I'm not mistaken, JC mentioned trying to get a (presumably cryptid) show off the ground and making as many silly claims as possible would certainly get you noticed. If nothing else, it would be entertaining.
We can back up most of our claims in documented video. The interviews, the witnesses and so forth. In this video, we gather blood skin and hair on a location where the attacker was gathering some parts from a skunk. These samples have been sent into a larger DNA study - the results of which, should be made public by the end of the year.

But the videos are just interviewees relating stories. There's no footage of any of these events actually occuring. Nor any real physical specimens of any of the creatures that are claimed in the stories. And I'm not sure what this DNA test will prove. At best it comes back inconclusive, which doesn't mean Bigfoot.

J.C. Johnson seems to be one lucky investigator. If he is to be believed, then he has had a slew of encounters with and observations of cryptids. If he is not on the up and up, he is at least a good yarn spinner. All and all, it was an entertaining and absorbing episode.

Any evidence for the skinwalker? There is definite evidence for bigfoot/ sasquatch and a lot of it - visual accounts all over the planet, foot prints, vocal recordings, and some excellent video evidence. The skinwalker has always sounded like Native American folklore unless you're talking about the events of eastern Utah and parts of New Mexico. Belief is one thing, evidence and knowing is something else all together.

But the videos are just interviewees relating stories. There's no footage of any of these events actually occuring. Nor any real physical specimens of any of the creatures that are claimed in the stories. And I'm not sure what this DNA test will prove. At best it comes back inconclusive, which doesn't mean Bigfoot.
We did discuss the DNA study on the program. Chris is also aware of this study to the fact that it has more than a hundred samples involved on a global scale. It really is going to be a big story when the study is published. Google Dr. Melba Ketchum DNA Study.

Any evidence for the skinwalker? There is definite evidence for bigfoot/ sasquatch and a lot of it - visual accounts all over the planet, foot prints, vocal recordings, and some excellent video evidence. The skinwalker has always sounded like Native American folklore unless you're talking about the events of eastern Utah and parts of New Mexico. Belief is one thing, evidence and knowing is something else all together.
If anyone would like a private link to our documentary Navajo Skin Walkers & Legends- e-mail me at [email protected]

We can back up most of our claims in documented video. The interviews, the witnesses and so forth. In this video, we gather blood skin and hair on a location where the attacker was gathering some parts from a skunk. These samples have been sent into a larger DNA study - the results of which, should be made public by the end of the year.

This is the catch with DNA studies and there have been a few done on bigfoot/ squatch samples - they come back as unknown animal likely hominid. Trust me, academia is well aware of bigfoot and they have a very good reason for not coming forward and having a press conference - people all over North America would go looking for them and their environment is quickly being encroached upon by man as it is. Some things are better left unannounced to the world and left a mystery to the average Joe. To Mr. Johnson, have you read Dr. Jeff Meldrum's book on Sasquatch? In his book he talks about how academia are aware of our hairy hominids but don't want to risk losing tenure if they investigate them; those that have tenure will risk it as Meldrum has. The thing about squatch - whatever variety you want to discuss and there are a number of varieties - their existence on this continent makes perfect sense given their origins. Their existence here parallels the Inuit and Native Americans visa v the crossing of the Bering Land Bridge over 10000 years ago and possibly the ice age previous to that. The wooly mammoth would still exist if it hadn't been hunted as would the saber tooth tiger; if you take an animal that is intelligent, recognizes danger and can defend itself in unique ways then there is no reason for it to go extinct. World, meet squatch! He's knows you exist, is interested in your behavior and will sometimes spy on you, but doesn't want to be seen by you as it knows you are inherently dangerous.

This is the catch with DNA studies and there have been a few done on bigfoot/ squatch samples - they come back as unknown animal likely hominid. Trust me, academia is well aware of bigfoot and they have a very good reason for not coming forward and having a press conference - people all over North America would go looking for them and their environment is quickly being encroached upon by man as it is. Some things are better left unannounced to the world and left a mystery to the average Joe. To Mr. Johnson, have you read Dr. Jeff Meldrum's book on Sasquatch? In his book he talks about how academia are aware of our hairy hominids but don't want to risk losing tenure if they investigate them; those that have tenure will risk it as Meldrum has. The thing about squatch - whatever variety you want to discuss and there are a number of varieties - their existence on this continent makes perfect sense given their origins. Their existence here parallels the Inuit and Native Americans visa v the crossing of the Bering Land Bridge over 10000 years ago and possibly the ice age previous to that. The wooly mammoth would still exist if it hadn't been hunted as would the saber tooth tiger; if you take an animal that is intelligent, recognizes danger and can defend itself in unique ways then there is no reason for it to go extinct. World, meet squatch! He's knows you exist, is interested in your behavior and will sometimes spy on you, but doesn't want to be seen by you as it knows you are inherently dangerous.

Regarding the video of the irrigation pipe and the skunk, that's a very interesting piece of video. The holes the animal made in the pipe are very wide apart and if it had both arms in the holes at the same time you can get a good idea of how wide its shoulders would be. I like your theory on the use of the skunk glands as a deterrent and I feel bad for the poor skunk - what a nightmare!

Did he say "feed babies to snakes"? Holy mother of . . . I'm learning more about Native American secret rituals than I really wanted to know . . .

Did he say "feed babies to snakes"? Holy mother of . . . I'm learning more about Native American secret rituals than I really wanted to know . . .

I about spit my coffee out when he said that. I thought it was a good episode and somebody that should make a return appearance.

This certainly focused my attention. Ancient Baal worshipers sacrificed babies to Baal by throwing them into a furnace that was part of an idol. Sacrificing your own children is a special kind of evil.
Also, in discussing the skin walkers, he talked about offering a loved member of your family as a sacrifice as the price of entry.

Good interview.

I have to say firstly thanks JC Johnson for joining us on the forums. Second I found this to be one of the more entertaining shows in a while, aside from Captain Crazy the aerospace engineer. I have to echo what has already been said that you are a great story teller. I would love if the paracast did a round table with you and perhaps Loren Coleman about cryptids. I am not sold on the claims made but like I said great show.

Back