• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nick Pope Show May 23 2010

Ah, that site.

Could you tell me who owns/funds that website?

Well, I can't give you his name, but they do work closely with the JREF. Again, you don't agree with me, or with what this week's guest and co-host had to say on the subject - I get it. No matter what I say it won't be good enough, so let's get off this topic already and discuss the show. If you want you can start a whole thread on this topic to discuss it, I'll gladly join in so that we can have a circular argument in there.

What's the irony in accepting something that has been clearly outlined and explained? Just because this is a paranormal site doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to be a skeptic, or even what some of you might call a debunker. In the same way I listen to this podcast, I also listen to (and am a big fan of) Skepticality, For Good Reason, and The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe. That's why I like the Paracast forums, not everyone is like-minded, but it's well managed so that the conversations don't normally devolve into a flame war.
As for the UFO thing, I'm in Nick's camp for the most part. I don't like someone being crapped on just because he's skeptical about tin-foil hat NWO and 9/11 theories. I think he and Paul made it quite clear where they stand and they backed it up.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

I spoke too soon. Thanks for the insult. There really is no need for that, is there?

"I was Reviewing some Articles and videos about the "Cosford Incident" before heading to Bed last night. While i do agree. Nick is a skeptic for the most part, however, he is still quiet open minded to the possibility we are being visited here. 'Nick has siad in the past, Interviews he has done'.. I was an avid skeptic before the Cosford Incident. But this one case here, has changed my mind about the whole subject.

"Remember; Nick, worked for the Mod (Ministry of Defence) and he did not join the Ministry to look and study UFO's. He has said, previously in the past. "I had no serious interest in this topic, before getting involved at the Ministry of Defence"
Nick later has shown a obvious devotion to the subject of UFO's after he left the ministry, and he could rode of into the sunset here, and never looked into this topic again, that is, If he honestly believes there is nothing to the UFO subject. His Action's tell another story people and While he is a skeptic to lot of things, for me,.. I think he know's lot more than he can reveal to us the public?

It matter of opinion and i could be wrong here?. I outline here, why i believe that.... These Objects were flying over high security UK bases and over Villages and Towns scattered all over the UK for six hour's, the're was also UFO's seen in Ireland before the First report's Over the UK AT 8.30PM. My sighting was somewhere between 7 and 8. So how long were these Object's penetrating both Airspaces (UK and Ireland) are they the same objects, that were seen, but at different times? Or are they entirely different events spanning two countries(Three countries to be exact) at different times of the day and night? So there has to be more information, obviously, that is still classified to the publc?

Nick is not going to fuel Rumours and say "Yes" there is Documents that are still classified. He signed a security and secret act and what he can't reveal, he won't. I have also found out Objects were seen over France March 30-31 1993. So three separate sovereign nation's must have communicated with each other after these events ended. All three nations have Radar and these Objects were seen on Radar over Ireland from the information i have seen, and so let us get real, something major happened here and it wasn't a weather balloon that went of course.

Pixel. 9/11 Look Paul and Nick are entitled to their views. There is no need to be going off on one, because they don't follow your belief system. I'm a believer in UFO'S and Paul and others here are less than convinced. but they're still open-minded, which i personally appreciate. I only get annoyed with People who debunk just for the sake of it, the're not curious and they just come here to dismiss without looking at the evidence. I see no evidence for 9/11 being an inside job and your entitled to your opiinion, i don't begrudge you having your opinion. I just don't believe your views on 9/11 or right.
I tend to agree more with Cotton. The aftermath of 9/11 and later investigation of 9/11. The aftermath of 9/11. "Well a great nation lost it's way for eight years because of 9/11 and it not the fault of the Public, a corrupt government happened to be in power and they lead their people down the wrong road after the Afgan War. The 9/11 investigation, I think there need's to be more transparency for people. Who believe they were lied to here. The US nation will never rest until there is public hearings on this matter.
Discussion has moved, but the First part, was about Nick.

A fine show. I've looked forward to another Nick episode since the first. Well done, gentlemen.

Speaking of which, Paul, a bit of cursory looking around did not reveal how one can throw money at you to get a copy of Best Evidence. Have you a link handy?

(Yeah, I can see it on YouTube, but what if I believe in paying you for your work? :)

--Shawn

A fine show. I've looked forward to another Nick episode since the first. Well done, gentlemen.

Speaking of which, Paul, a bit of cursory looking around did not reveal how one can throw money at you to get a copy of Best Evidence. Have you a link handy?

(Yeah, I can see it on YouTube, but what if I believe in paying you for your work? :)

--Shawn

Nobody likes people who pay for my work more than me (er... and my various creditors), but Best Evidence has been lost in the distribution shuffle since it was released back in 2007. Other projects have taken my time away from putting together a proper DVD release, and then we split with our British distributor, and are now looking for a new home for the film. I hope to have something worked out later this year.

In the meantime, there are those YouTube clips I put up, and if you live in Canada the film is still airing on Space: The Imagination Station - check your local listings. It may still be airing in New Zealand on TVNZ as well, although I'm not sure.

This was a very good show. As usual, I found things that I loved and things that I hated, which is good. I say again, Gene, that I think Paul is an excellent choice as co-host as often as you can get him.
Lance

And we hope he'll stay with us, at least for a while, before he becomes rich and famous, as he deserves to be.

Nobody likes people who pay for my work more than me (er... and my various creditors), but Best Evidence has been lost in the distribution shuffle since it was released back in 2007. Other projects have taken my time away from putting together a proper DVD release, and then we split with our British distributor, and are now looking for a new home for the film. I hope to have something worked out later this year.

In the meantime, there are those YouTube clips I put up, and if you live in Canada the film is still airing on Space: The Imagination Station - check your local listings. It may still be airing in New Zealand on TVNZ as well, although I'm not sure.

Can not say I have seen it on air down here in New Zealand for some time Paul sorry to say.
But having worked for TVNZ they will have a copy of Best Evidence on beta format in Auckland studio if some one wants to find out. They always used to copy any show to play it on air so the original did not get worn out. so if they have put Best Evidence on the air then yes they should still have a copy.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

This was a very good show. As usual, I found things that I loved and things that I hated, which is good. I say again, Gene, that I think Paul is an excellent choice as co-host as often as you can get him.

I have to second this as I also think Paul is an excellent choice as co-host. Oh and add
Christoper O'Brian to that as well as you have to have the trickster now and then.:D

Can not say I have seen it on air down here in New Zealand for some time Paul sorry to say.
But having worked for TVNZ they will have a copy of Best Evidence on beta format in Auckland studio if some one wants to find out. They always used to copy any show to play it on air so the original did not get worn out. so if they have put Best Evidence on the air then yes they should still have a copy.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

I have to second this as I also think Paul is an excellent choice as co-host. Oh and add
Christoper O'Brian to that as well as you have to have the trickster now and then.:D

I just think we're very lucky to have a great quartet of co-hosts. :)

I liked the show as well, but the always lingering 'I can't talk about that' with Nick gets a bit frustrating.

What do you propose we do about it? It's not as if we can force Nick to violate his secrecy agreements. That's not realistic. We have to respect his position.

What do you propose we do about it? It's not as if we can force Nick to violate his secrecy agreements. That's not realistic. We have to respect his position.

I know that and everyone else here should too, I wasn't criticizing the episode, just pointing out the general problem I have with Mr. Pope coming on shows and when it gets interesting, he is bound to his oath.

Back