• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

News: Woman sees UFO in Sydney; takes photos

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
Assuming this Woman is telling the truth it is quite an interesting incident. She claims She an object fly into view with smaller objects appearing out of it from a bright orange light. Then the large UFO flew off in one direction and the smaller objects in the other direction.

UFO buzzes Sydney - and here | News.com.au

519491-ufo..jpg

The pic obviously isnt good enough to analyse and get much out of. But I think at the very least it can be determined that the object is some distance from the camera, rather than a mark on the lens or something.

The bright orange light on the picture looks a lot like the... sun. I hope that's not the oprange light she's talking about.

I guess its possible its a lens smudge. Lets ask David. Oh wait.

If shes into the subject then that story could easily have been made up. I guess I would like to see her interviewed to get a sense of how credible she seems.

That really doesn't look like a smudge to me though.

*shrugs*

I'm usually pretty skeptical about these things. What makes this photo intriguiging to me is the motion blur associated with things in motion.

I don't think that the dark object top center could be a smudge due to the way it is blurred yet still appears solid.

I'm at work though so I will have to look closer at the photo later.

There really is not enough here to confirm anything. Just another blob in the UFO images db. Could be thousands of different things, a rock, frisbee, sack of dirt. No real way to get distance and size. Kinda useless.

Yeah Gareth I spoke to a mate who said he saw an interview with her, she said she saw a ufo when she was 11 and had followed the subject ever since.
So my mind is made up.

It's most likely just a digital photograph artifact.

See how the black shape has almost the exact same profile as the bright orange spot slightly right and down of it? Could be that bright spot is overloading what the camera "sees" so it invents a black spot to balance it out. I've seen this sort of thing before.

Hiya Gareth, I'm sure I've seen that photo before. Some point late last year, it was analysed on ATS and shown to be a smudge on the windscreen. If I'm right, there was a sequence of maybe 2 or 3 pictures. I could be wrong and it's a totally different image, what makes it so familiar is the beautiful sunset. God knows how I'd set about finding the thread to check. If I can find it, I'll let you know.

ETA: found the thread straight away. It's a few months old. It looks like the woman took the images from inside the car and then told reporters she was outside the car. Bottom right of one of the images is a dashboard reflection. If you read it at all, the damage is all done in the first 3 or 4 pages :D

UFO in Sydney Australia, page 1

Hey, check out the date I posted the thread ;)

Thanks for the info anyway. At the end of the day a pic is just pic is just a pic. And testimony is just that.

I will say this, if I saw a UFO and had a camera handy, I'd be glad that I did to snap a picture regardless of the quality. I'd know, and that's all that would matter to me.

It looks like this picture was taken through a window, so it could just be a speck of something (bird poop?) that is "silhouetted" by the sunset in the background. Also, it's a lot blurrier that it's surroundings, making it seem like it's close to the lens (possibly).

I will say this, if I saw a UFO and had a camera handy, I'd be glad that I did to snap a picture regardless of the quality. I'd know, and that's all that would matter to me.

I agree. The problem is until that happens we have to go on what others give us.

Frustrating.

Clearly it's Venus.

Case closed.

J.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

I'm not a photo analyst by any means, but I downloaded it and dorked around with the contrast and exposure levels and did get a clearer picture of the object. It could be a frisbee tossed over the road from a position just before the treeline to the right. The bright light on the right side of the road is very clearly a street lamp that has popped on due to the late hour.

To my inexperienced eye, it's an interesting picture but honestly I'm too inexperienced to make any kind of genuine call.

My 2 cents.

J.

Back