• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New UFO docuseries produced by JJ Abrams, starts August 8

I'm not a super fan of J.J. Abrams. I guess Alias was a decent enough show, but it jumped the shark big time in its last year or two.
I'm not either. I never got into Lost and Alias happened when I was still working crazy hours. I liked Fringe and we do watch Debris, but I don't go gaga over his feature films.
This one is going to have four episodes only. Hopefully it won't get the chance to jump a shark.

The show's creator is J H.Wyman, who also worked on Fringe. In the last episodes he brought on John Noble, but I am not at all sure if that did anything but make the series arc more confusing.

JJ makes me sceptical as well. He has ruined lots of scifi franchise.

Has he done any documentaries before? What he is trying to achieve with this one?

JJ did a piss poor job on those Star Wars films.

Here are his credits:

He totally misunderstood Star Trek, but his people (Alex Kurtzman specifically) are still heading up the Paramount+ Trek shows.

At least they have Jonathan Frakes to direct, and his influence might be helping.

But on the original subject, is there any info on this supposed documentary? I'm curious, sceptical and scared on what that might be... ?

You know - it will look really great, with lots on FX. There will be the Pascagoula incident with scary alien chases.
Every real-data based document will look cheap after it - event that nice James Fox one.

Back