• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New UFO docuseries produced by JJ Abrams, starts August 8

I'll likely watch the first episode, if it goes well, I'll watch the rest. If it jumps the shark in the first episode, I'll drop in and let everyone know.

I'm watching it right now, and it's not horrible. I'll include a list of interviewees later. It's a basic overview of the phenomenon in the first episode, but it's not horribly sensationalized with a bit of a focus on the Phoenix lights and the O'Hare sightings with some others being just touched on.

I read a review that had the same conclusion. It’s not horrible. Don’t know whether it’s worth subscribing to Showtime to see it. I have other priorities.

I read a review that had the same conclusion. It’s not horrible. Don’t know whether it’s worth subscribing to Showtime to see it. I have other priorities.
There wasn't any new or ground breaking info. It's visually stunning with a nice mix of new and archive footage and audio. Its major premise is that UFOs exist, but it doesn't try to explain the why's and wherefores. It does have a nice but short discussion about how UFOs exist in the greater spheres of conspiracy and society. I agree it may not be anything worth subscribing for, but it's nice to watch a show about the topic that doesn't delve into woo-woo or sensationalism. If you get a chance to watch in the future for free you might find it interesting. I didn't feel like there was any new info, but it's a nice introduction for people new to the topic that manages to avoid the more obvious landmines, shysters and whackadoodles.
Anywho, the list of interviewees are:
Leslie Kean
Diana Walsh Pasulka
Brandon Harris - journalist, New Yorker
John Greenwald, Jr.
Fife Symington
James Heiler (former Chief of Staff for Symington)
Frances Barwood

Episode 2:
Interviews with George Knapp and Harry Reid
Overview of two military sightings of UAP with interviews with some of the former service members who were there when they happened.
A discussion of Robert Bigelow and Skinwalker Ranch, including interviews with people who spent time on the ranch with some snippets of security footage from there.
The end touches on Alizondo as a teaser for the next episode.
ETA: I do think they used one of Billy Meier's photos in the beginning.

It was a really good episode. Better than I was expecting.

Last edited:
So this is probably not the same show, that just appeared in Netflix? That one at least was horrible, one of those that just believes it all 100%. All the conspiracy stuff.

It was very conspiracy-related, and I did not see JJ-A credentials, so its probably different one. But it has all our basic players.
..OK for players it has Corso and Lazar, which makes it all suspicious.

Yep, that has the "to the stars academy" as well. But whole episode on itself contradictory stuff about Aurora plane, TR3-B etc. They were implying its the cause of the Belgian flap in late -80's.

But its probably not the same show? This one is crap.

Yep, that has the "to the stars academy" as well. But whole episode on itself contradictory stuff about Aurora plane, TR3-B etc. They were implying its the cause of the Belgian flap in late -80's.

But its probably not the same show? This one is crap.
Yes, the Netflix show is a different one than the one on Showtime.
Episode 3 of the Showtime show is the most interesting one so far and if you get the opportunity to watch one episode of this series, this is it. It looks like 4 will cover abductions.
Episode 3:
George Knapp
James Carrion -this was a very interesting interview.
Ralph Blumenthal
John Greenwald Jr.
Kate Dorsch
John Powell (aerospace engineer)
Richard Doty who comes clean that Bennewitz was the target of a disinfo campaign and then goes on to be completely disingenuous about some of the things Bennewitz saw.

I got the impression that Carrion has gotten very skeptical over the intervening years and has come to believe that human deception plays a primary part in this phenomena, yet he still holds a belief that alien civilizations could still exist. Also, you may be aware that when Bigelow was offering money to Mufon, Bigelow told Carrion that the money was not coming from the feds, but later it was revealed the money was coming from the Defense Intelligence Agency. This was news to me. That alone raises questions about what the DIA wanted to do with Mufon. If I get a chance I'll post some of his quotes later here when I get a chance.

That Federal money was no doubt part of the $22 the government spent for AATIP based on the timing it would seem.
No doubt, of which Bigelow certainly got a big share. I feel it raises some interesting questions about why the feds would want to spend $50k a month over 12 years on a volunteer amateur UFO research group. When Carrion met with Bigelow with two other MUFON board members, Hal Puthoff and Jacques Vallee were there with two other individuals who were not introduced. Carrion says it doesn't make sense for the feds to have in interest in MUFON other than for deception, psychological or maybe counterintelligence reasons, or that the feds would want to use MUFON as an investigational tool when they have the tech and the resources. Carrion goes on to say that the one common thread throughout this field is human deception. Carrion feels that the UFO myth was created solely to deal with early days of the Cold War. And the feds have been perpetuating the UFO myth.
Doty comes in and says that he was responsible for convincing people that they had seen UFOs, when in fact they had seen classified military tech. Paul had seen lasers that were being use to blind satellites that were flying over military installations. Doty is pretty clear that they give nuggets of truth in the beginning and then bury those details in BS. Doty says that towards the end, he considered Paul a friend and tried to come clean and Paul still believed that what he'd seen was UFOs. Then Doty goes on to say that Paul had taken pictures of real UFOs at Dulce. So now I'm curious as to why Doty is still trying to flog Dulce, or is he being clever and showing in a few sound bites how a government counterintelligence operation would look like: tell the truth about Bennewitz and then lie about Dulce, again.
Knapp comes in and says that many of the UFO sightings that happened during the Cold War and attributed to U2s doesn't make sense because of how U2s were operated and designed to not be seen and don't make sense in the context of the sightings that did occur.
It cuts back to Carrion and he calls the data about UFOs a landfill. He notes that when interest in UFOs wanes, something happens to drum interest. He doesn't come right out and say it, but the implication is that the government wants us to believe in UFOs.
Then John Powell, aerospace engineer comes on. He's working on high altitude balloons and trying to determine if they could be taken to space which would do away with the rocket altogether. He knows that a v-configuration is the only configuration that will allow you to operate the balloon at subsonic, supersonic, and hypersonic speeds. He notes the feds were flying these balloons at Mach 9.5 and at a max altitude of 300,000 in the late 1950s. He also notes the Phoenix lights moved the same way as the v-shaped balloons he personally worked on developing.
Greenwald hypothesizes that the Navy sightings are tests of their own technology to see how our existing tech (radar/sonor/etc.) interacts and tracks the new tech.
Blumenthal disagrees as his sources and experts don't think this is the case.
Carrion thinks the release of this recent military sightings was done on purpose. Knapp and Greenwald note that the government keeps changing it's story on AATIP. Greenwald goes on to talk about Elizondo and the To the Stars Academy, the members of which have ties to intelligence and corporations. He also thinks that the release of the Pentagon video was timed to coincide with the formation of To the Stars Academy.
Carrion is very blunt at the very beginning and says there is no real proof of UFOs and that people making the rounds in the UFO conferences have no interest in finding out the truth and are only interested in perpetuating the myths and the conspiracy.
This episode doesn't come right out and say it, but they imply that Elizondo is the new Doty. Carrion states that the feds are using Tom DeLonge to help spread disinfo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the summary.

I think Elizondo just wants to be famous.

The To the Stars Academy is just a load of nonsense. They barely know how to explain their mission in plain English on the site's home page.

Thanks for the summary.

I think Elizondo just wants to be famous.

The To the Stars Academy is just a load of nonsense. They barely know how to explain their mission in plain English on the site's home page.
I'll have to visit their website when I need a good laugh. I haven't been paying close enough attention to Elizondo to make any kind of determination, but why the feck would you want to go into this field if you want to be famous? I don't get it.

Back