• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New to the Forum

odinnscout

Paranormal Novice
Hello All,

I found the paracast recently and love the show! I am in the middle of reading Richard Dolan's books, any reccomendations on where to go next (I am enjoying Dolan becuase he is fairly grounded), Hastings or maybe Leslie Kean?

I am new to the UFO/Paranormal phenom, so I maybe dont know about any earlier works that would be good?

PS saw this on Science Channel last night on upcoming Dark Matters show, hosted by John Noble (Fringe)

http://gfbrobot.com/2011/08/15/science-channel-explores-twisted-realities-in-new-show-dark-matter/

Welcome to the forum.

Leslie Kean's book is the latest and extremely popular. It's a great primer to UFO lore. You might want to begin with that and segue over to Hasting's book.

There's actually quite a bit of crazy stuff in Dolan's books (9/11 truther so no surprise there)...some good stuff too though. As far as "grounded" goes I recommend Kevin Randle, although I can't agree with him about Roswell.

What the heck? Sci Channel stole Don's show title! :)

Anything by Jacques Vallee especially Dimensions, Confrontations, Messengers of Deception, Passport to Magonia
John Keel: Operation Trojan Horse, Our Haunted Planet, Mothman Prophesies
Ivan Sanderson: Invisible Residents
I have many more suggestions if you need 'em...

i think that daimonic reality by patrick harpur is an underappreciated gem if you're receptive to the vallee and keel school of thought

Im gonna try a different tact. Read some of the following books.

1) Ufos Psychic Close Encounters: The Electromagnetic Indictment by Albert Budden
2) The Contact Has Begun: The True Story of a Journalist's Encounter with Alien Beings by Phillip H. Krapf
3) Anything by Philip J Imbrogno
4) The Phoenix Lights: A Skeptics Discovery that We Are Not Alone by Lynne D Kitei
5) The Monuments of Mars: A City on the Edge of Forever (5th Edition) by Richard C. Hoagland
6) Alien Agenda: Investigating the Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us by Jim Marrs
7) Spaceships of the Pleiades by Kal K. Korff

If you can get through just 2 of these and still want anything to do with Ufology then you can read the others suggested in this thread and be alright.

Im gonna try a different tact. Read some of the following books. 1) Ufos Psychic Close Encounters: The Electromagnetic Indictment by Albert Budden2) The Contact Has Begun: The True Story of a Journalist's Encounter with Alien Beings by Phillip H. Krapf3) Anything by Philip J Imbrogno4) The Phoenix Lights: A Skeptics Discovery that We Are Not Alone by Lynne D Kitei5) The Monuments of Mars: A City on the Edge of Forever (5th Edition) by Richard C. Hoagland 6) Alien Agenda: Investigating the Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us by Jim Marrs7) Spaceships of the Pleiades by Kal K. Korff If you can get through just 2 of these and still want anything to do with Ufology then you can read the others suggested in this thread and be alright.
To THAT list you might want to add any article appearing in the weekly world news

I am also new to the forum. I just wanted to chime in here and second Ron Collins's recommendation of Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs. It is a rather thorough book that covers quite a bit of both history and modern thinking on the subject. It is a thick read, and well worth the investment in both time and money.

Gary

Hello All,

I found the paracast recently and love the show! I am in the middle of reading Richard Dolan's books, any reccomendations on where to go next (I am enjoying Dolan becuase he is fairly grounded), Hastings or maybe Leslie Kean?

I am new to the UFO/Paranormal phenom, so I maybe dont know about any earlier works that would be good?

PS saw this on Science Channel last night on upcoming Dark Matters show, hosted by John Noble (Fringe)

http://gfbrobot.com/2011/08/15/science-channel-explores-twisted-realities-in-new-show-dark-matter/

John Noble as in Denethor?:) Wikkid. Would be great to be able to watch it!

Welcome to the forums. (Am kind of an on-again-off-again member here but in a similar position -- just keeping an ear out for a good starter book [on a shoestring budget], so cheers heaps for asking I'm sure we're not the only ones who wonder.)

Back