• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Never Before Published Audio Taped Interviews Affirms UFO Activity at Nuke Missile S

Never Before Published Audio Taped Interviews Affirms UFO Activity at Nuke Missil

Just to clarify where I am coming from: I am not contesting the notion nuke related UFO incidents. I guess I could dig in and see if I wanted to really go there but I don't. I'm arguing against the idea that the highly competent people in charge of the nuclear arsenal would essentially ignore the problem and not make some attempt to prepare missile crews for what is claimed to be a known and reoccurring problem. Installations of defensive weapons systems, etc., etc., etc., along with some very focused research and development in countermeasures. I can't believe the response is We can't do anything so ignore it.​"

Never Before Published Audio Taped Interviews Affirms UFO Activity at Nuke Missil

Just to clarify where I am coming from: I am not contesting the notion nuke related UFO incidents. I guess I could dig in and see if I wanted to really go there but I don't. I'm arguing against the idea that the highly competent people in charge of the nuclear arsenal would essentially ignore the problem and not make some attempt to prepare missile crews for what is claimed to be a known and reoccurring problem. Installations of defensive weapons systems, etc., etc., etc., along with some very focused research and development in countermeasures. I can't believe the response is We can't do anything so ignore it.​"

But what evidence is there that "countermeasures" were in place by '75, or last year? I think they could ignore it considering that it is infrequent and practically harmless. If it were common and involved destruction of ICBMs or other important property, then they'd try something however likely to be futile.

I understand your viewpoint, trained, but again, I don't find the military's reaction to the incursions odd at all. Think about it. This is stuff out of some science fiction movie becoming reality. How are the crews supposed to react. Even to begin to plan to mount a response means that they have to acknowledge these incursions are occuring. Secret or not, this means paperwork, a paper trail, lots of people that have to be made aware of the situation so that the threat can be assesed; never mind getting funding in today's economic climate. All for something that most people have a hard time acknowledging even exists! So, yes ignoring the incursions is exactly the type of reaction to be expected. And it's probably the best one.

never mind getting funding in today's economic climate.

Well, that, at least, wouldn't have been a problem for much of the 40 plus years this has been going on.

All for something that most people have a hard time acknowledging even exists! So, yes ignoring the incursions is exactly the type of reaction to be expected. And it's probably the best one.

Again, I think they would try something, if it seemed they had nothing to lose i.e. if the intruders were destroying missiles instead of just tampering a little. IMO the innocuousness of the affairs (at least thus far) is the key reason they're ignored.

I must be incredibly naive and uninformed because I find the very idea that the military has tolerated and continues to tolerate UFO incidents where the nations nuclear arsenal is subjected to the direct control and manipulation of a foreign power completely unbelievable. If this is really occurring there has to be some program in response to it. If that isn't the case then they are in dereliction of duty. No doubt such a program would be as classified as things could get and lowly civilians like ourselves would have to do a great deal of digging to get some hint of it. That is why I have posed the question to Mr. Hastings several times now but it appears he has left the forum. Great.

Hey, y'all,

Sorry to be absent for awhile but I have been busy interviewing USAF veterans who report UFO activity during test launches from Vandenberg AFB over the years. One well-known case, the Big Sur Incident, has been thoroughly researched. See:

http://www.cufos.org/hastings.pdf

Also, consider this:

On June 17, 1974, the Hobart (Australia) Mercury carried the following news item, based on an article appearing the same day in The New York Times:

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama – Experts at an Army missile base say they are puzzled about strange ‘ghost ships’ picked up by powerful radar scanner in the Pacific during a tracking exercise last summer.

There has been little official comment on what the scientists found during the exercise, but Major Dallas Van Hoose, an Army spokesman, confirmed recently that ‘some unexplained aerial phenomena’ were observed during the exercise last August [1973]. Scientists, many of whom are reluctant to be named in interviews because of general public skepticism over unidentified flying objects, say privately they have been unable to find any explanation for the ‘ghost ships.’

‘We have never seen anything precisely like this before,’ said one ballistic missile defense expert who works for an Army agency here and who is familiar with the advanced radar used to test missiles and warheads. Huntsville houses the Army’s ballistic missile defense systems command which tests in the Kwajelein Atoll region of the Marshall Island Trust Territory held by the U.S.

Last August the Air Force launched a Minuteman ICBM from Vandenberg Air Force base aimed for the Kwajelein missile range which is used by the Army, Air Force, and Navy. The radar experts in the Pacific found they were also tracking an unidentified flying object next to the ICBM’s nose cone. Radar picked up a inverted saucer-shape object to the right and above the descending nose cone and watched it cross the warhead’s trajectory to a point which was below and to-the-left of it before the phantom ship disappeared. The ghost ship was described as being 10-feet high and 40-feet long. Two separate radar systems saw it at the same time which may eliminate the probability that there was a malfunction in one of the radar systems. It was also reported that 3 other identical objects were seen in the vicinity – the same size, shape, and dimensions. One scientist said the data indicated that the phantom ship ‘flew under its own power’ but could not explain what sort of ‘power’ was involved.

So far none of the experts here believe the ghost ship was a natural phenomenon caused by freak weather conditions or echoes commonly seen on radar screens. 25

END OF ARTICLE

So, apparently, the incident described by U.S. Air Force veterans Jacobs and Mansmann was not unique. (See the link above, re: The Big Sur case.) Regarding the ballistic missile expert’s statement about never having seen “anything precisely like this before”, given that the 1964 Big Sur incident was immediately classified Top Secret—with only a handful of individuals knowing the facts—it would have been unknown to other military and civilian personnel conducting missile tests a decade later. As for the UFO’s apparent shape, I’m unclear as to how radar could have determined it was an “inverted saucer”. This statement seems to be a garbled journalistic description, which inadvertently combined both radar and photographic data, as described by the source.

Researcher Barry Greenwood later reprinted this newspaper story in his co-authored book, Clear Intent (later republished as The UFO Cover-up). He wrote, “When FOIA inquiries were filed with the Army, they denied having any records concerning the sighting. We were referred to Vandenberg AFB, California. Vandenberg responded that ‘in accordance with Air Force manual 12-50 which implements the Federal Records Act, the launch operations records for August 1973 have been destroyed.’ Note that it is not stated that the UFO tracking report was destroyed, only a very general statement is given that ‘launch operations records’ were destroyed. That [records of] such a mysterious event as this would not be kept somewhere for possible future use is incomprehensible. Yet this excuse is offered time and time again to deny access to records…” 26

References:
25. June 17, 1974, the Hobart Mercury (The New York Times)
26. Greenwood, Barry and Fawcett, Lawrence. Clear Intent: The Government Cover-up of the UFO Experience, Prentice-Hall Inc., 1984, pp. 69-70

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Now, regarding trainedobserver's frustration about my failure to respond to his, and other persons' comments on this thread, I will cut to the chase:

No offense, but I can either do research or blog my time away. I am 61 and hear the clock ticking. So, every day I ask myself how much time I should devote to blogging, as opposed to my work. There are hundreds of persons writing about my research on various blogs and I simply don't have time to answer them all. Again, no offense intended.

If one goes to the "UFOs and Nukes" thread and goes back to Page 1, and reviews the other pages as well, one will find that I have posted large excerpts from my book which, I suspect, will answer many of the questions being posed on this thread. If one is truly interested in an in-depth analysis of the subject, one can read those. I will also now post new material on the same thread, as time permits, given my work schedule. I simply cannot re-invent the wheel by restating my findings and conclusions every time someone posts a comment or criticism about them. So, later today, I will post some things at the other thread. I probably won't comment on this one in the future, except on very rare occasions.

No offense, but I can either do research or blog my time away. ...
If one goes to the "UFOs and Nukes" thread and goes back to Page 1, and reviews the other pages as well, one will find that I have posted large excerpts from my book which, I suspect, will answer many of the questions being posed on this thread.

None taken. Fair enough, I'll go back over what's been posted to see if there is a simple answer to, "Has the military put procedures in place to deal with these incursions or not?" From what I have been able to gather up to this point the answer seems to be "no, everything time is treated like the first time.", which to me is incredible.

Thanks for the patience Mr. Hastings. It looks like the procedure is to not tell the missile crews how to react to UFOs specifically but to simply rely on routine security procedures and then move the individuals involved to prevent talk about the incident. Somewhere along the command chain there has to be some great consternation and activity surrounding this subject. Intercepts, electronic countermeasures, attempts to track back to point of origin, all of that has to be going on at some level. I can't believe it would just be expected and allowed without resistance as some seem to want to suggest.

Thanks for the patience Mr. Hastings. It looks like the procedure is to not tell the missile crews how to react to UFOs specifically but to simply rely on routine security procedures and then move the individuals involved to prevent talk about the incident. Somewhere along the command chain there has to be some great consternation and activity surrounding this subject. Intercepts, electronic countermeasures, attempts to track back to point of origin, all of that has to be going on at some level. I can't believe it would just be expected and allowed without resistance as some seem to want to suggest.

Oh I'm sure they're doing the best they can, which unfortunately isn't very much, yet.

Back