• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Musical Interests

Free episodes:

but I have to tell you, I absolutely DETEST Metallica, those guys are the biggest morons I've ever encountered in the musical world. I've been lucky enough to be able to tell that to Hetfield's face, and I'm proud to say that I've kneed Lars in his back, when he was crouching on the ground at an ILM party. I growled at him, and he backed away like the little shit he is.

But the Bob Lazar Story, now THERE'S a rockin' outfit. :cool:

dB

hahaha holy shit! Any particular reason for the hate? What did Hetfield say when you laid some truth on him like that?

I want to draw attention to a band that hasn't yet been mentioned here.
They call themselves Deerhoof. They're wonderful.

Here's a new one!
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Here's a not-so-new one!

<embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Jeff Beck's album "You had it coming" is awesome. i love the track Roy's Toy. i crank it up to 10 and rock.

Don't forget the Yeti...
The Elephant Riders is on my Top 20 Ass-Kickers.
"Himalayas was my old-tyme stompin' ground...Oh, yeah...Time is of the Essence."
It works better the louder you play it.

Hey Skunky, this one got me started.

.....I have plans for the future, guess they're futuristic plans.
Move out west and buy some desert lands.
Maybe up North, just past Alaska.
You know nothing of this if they ask you.
Red Rover, Red Rover, Bob Lazar's coming over.
So honey clear the airstrip and light up that stove.
By Jove, I think it's started. Oh yeah,
Escape From the Prison Planet.

Billion people harvest on Mars.
Rebuild the remnants of the obelisk,
One mile from the pyramid.
Escape From the Planet of the Apes.
Go forth, ad infinitum.
Return the relics to the Elephant.
And Atlantis rises.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

one of my favourite passtimes is to grab a flute, fire up my YT collection of jethro tull/ian anderson songs, and duet along .

i have to be careful however, as its not uncommon for me to pass out doing this like an over excited pug dog

I'm still waiting for "A Very Rammstein Christmas" CD to come out.

Till Lindeman sings Oh Tannenbaum, and Silent Night.

Seriously. This is a CD just begging to be made.

When time travel becomes possible, I will go back to wherever young Mitzi Gaynor was living. Holy Chao she's hot!

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

My musical interests: My ipod has everything from podcasts to Brahms to ZZTop. I even have some old, old country (the Hank...not Jr.) But most of what I listen to is 80's metal and Pink Floyd.

I do play guitar, bass, some drums and keys. I used to write music as well.

It brings me joy to see Toni Childs performing again, this woman is amazing, just released a new CD, well worth checking out, she's also touring Australia right now.

Nice! A music thread!

I'm a huge music fan, go to concerts quite often and play guitar for about an hour a day if I can. I mainly listen/play metal, but am an avid fan of classical, orchestral, techno, and rock in general.

Currently, I'm listening to:
Iced Earth
Theocracy
Black Tide
Dimmu Borgir
Arch Enemy
Remain (killer Canadian metal)
Lamb of God
Metallica (tour dates posted yesterday!!!)
Megadeth

and many, many, more.

As for my instruments, I own a Jackson WR1 USA custom
JacksonWR1Big.gif

and a Jackson KV JS30 for D tuning
jackson-js30kv-blk.jpg

korn, blink 182, audioslave, the killers, judas priest, butthole surfers, sham 69, ramones, sex pistols, motley crue, collective soul, new york dolls, cramps, blondie, the egyptian lover, earth wind & fire, isley brothers, 3 doors down, 4 non blondes, aerosmith, afi, alice cooper, alice in chains, aisha duo, alanis morissette, alien sex fiend, all-american rejects, amethystium, animals, anita ward, anthrax, apollonia, aretha franklin, asia, ataris, audioslave, avril lavigne, bar-kays, bangles, beach boys, beastie boys, beck, bee gees, berlin, big brother & the electric holding co, billy idol, billy joel, billy ocean, billy squire, billy stewart, bk, black flag, black tape for a blue girl, blind faith, blind melon, blue meanies, blue oyster cult, blues traveler, bob dylan, bob marley, bon jovi, brothers johnson, bruce springstien, bryan adams, buckethead, buckcherry, byrds, candlebox, candyman, cars, cheap trick, cher, chi-lites, clash, coldcut, coldplay, counting crows, cranberries, cream, clash, cure, daft punk, dammed, david bowie, dead kennedys...

and it gets weirder from here. i have a skitzo playlist. i usually listen to punk, and ska, but will listen to easy listening, new age, rock, rap, funk, classical, classic rock, new wave, dance, electronica, heavy metal, hair metal, and even some country. basically i'll give it a go. i have about 900 artists in my zune collection and about 1400 albums. i listen to them all depending on my mood... i like music.:D

This has to be one the coolest instruments ever.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Any Massive Attack fans in here? I think their 1998 record, 'Mezzanine' is straight up astounding. Here, look at this:

<embed src="

And this (also from Mezzanine):

<embed src="

New Devo!

<object width="400" height="225"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip...p;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip...p;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object><br /><a href="
">"DON'T SHOOT" - DEVO</a> from <a href="DEVO Channel">DEVO Channel</a> on <a href="Watch, share and upload your high quality videos | Vimeo">Vimeo</a>.

Back