• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Musical Interests

I just listened to Are We Not Men last night while writing my post to this thread - skunkape - are you psychic?:eek::)

One of my favourite tunes from the early 90's - not Buttholes but Gibby's on the mic.... ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oddly enough I've just started the podcast with Jeff Rietzman talking about the muscle car he got when he got his license - apparently non-human entities have good taste.

One of the best bands ever. 'Mr. Bungle'. The level of genius involved brings tears to the eyes of this calloused old soul.

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/88gxbLKwBz4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was friends with some friends of Mr. bungle back when I was a kid. I had a copy of their demo for the first album. A lot didn't make it to release. Wish I still had it. I have all Bungles stuff. I'm a fan of Faith No More with Mike Patton, same singer too. I usually don't recommend Bungle to people though. They're generally way too weird for most.

Skunkape - I don't know what the hell is going on but I swear our cd collection has got to be the same! I think Mike Patton is a musical genius and like most way ahead of his time. I'll confess I never heard of Bungle until I saw the video for Faith No More's "Epic" and Patton had a Bungle t-shirt on - my friend saw them on tour in Toronto back then and they played in front of a screen that showed old 70s McDonalds commercials interspliced with slaughterhouse commercials...

My favourite Bungle disc is California... and I could be wrong but the FNM album Album of the Year (my favourite) had the Bungle guitarist on it?

A friend just let me know of a Patton side project called Lovage, I think their album is called "Songs to Make Love to Your Old Lady By"... really cool!

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

If you dig Patton make sure you don't miss Tomahawk. That's Duane Dennison from The Jesus Lizard on guitar, the bassist from The Melvins, and the drummer from Helmet.

My favourite Bungle disc is California... and I could be wrong but the FNM album Album of the Year (my favourite) had the Bungle guitarist on it?

Yeh, Bungle's guitarist.

Patton has done some other stuff, but it's just noise. He refers to it as Japanese noise music. The "band" is called Phantamos or something like that.

For a laugh, yal should hear his version of Hit Me Baby One more Time.

In the process of looking for it, I found some Angel Dust sessions!
patton hit me - YouTube

Love Angel Dust! So strange seeing "tape" being used to record the tracks...

My old roommate was huge into Phantomas - I think the guitarist was from Monster Magnet and the drummer was from Slayer... I've got a few tracks from their "The Directors Cut" somewhere on a hard drive...

Well - I'm pretty much satisfied the majority of the fans of the paracast have great musical taste!!!

Oh yeah - I like Bjork to and was beside myself when I heard she was working with Patton on a song - um - this video gave me nightmares - the song is borderline insane too.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

How old are you Mexicola? My Angel Dust is on cassette lol. Hell, I remember 8-tracks even.

Never heard the Bjork above thanks. I like it. Oh, and I didn't know about the Tomahawks either. Thanks a billion Skunk. I'm hurting for something new to listen to. I don't keep up with music as much as I did when younger. So much crap out there. Guess I'm getting old.

Maynor from tool and Bjork would be interesting. I'm not too familiar with her work. I liked what she did with Radiohead. And I liked Human Nature. Or whatever the name of the song.

Here is something paranormal my 16 year old nephew asked for CD's of Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley for Christmas! WHAT?? He was serious too.

How old are you Mexicola?

I'm the ripe old age of 36?!:D

Have you seen Bjork in Dancer in the Dark? I don't think anyone can watch it without balling their eyes out but - the soundtrack is amazing. On the soundtrack she sings this song with Thom Yorke but in the movie it's the male lead who sings:

Hey I have question to put out there - I've been using Reason 2.0 (cracked version) and just got a new computer - I'm in a position where i could buy a new piece of software that is similar - anyone have any experience or recommendations they could send my way?

Back