• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mr. Paulides and J.C. Johnson

That's weird, I'm running Firefox and it works for me.

Thanks for that. Is it working right now? ... Doh! ... Wait ... Nevermind. What was happening was the page was reloading with the same landing image filling my screen and adding the content below it out of my view. I just needed to scroll down. Sometimes I'm such a doze :confused:.

Thanks for that. Is it working right now ... Doh ... wait ... nevermind. What was happening was the page was reloading with the same landing image filling my screen and adding the content below it out of my view. I just needed to scroll down. Sometimes I'm such a doze :confused:.

Nah, I thought the exact same thing when I first clicked on one of the links, honestly the site is kind of poorly designed imo.

Nah, I thought the exact same thing when I first clicked on one of the links, honestly the site is kind of poorly designed imo.

I just went to the Alberta Missing Persons website and was surprised at the number of unsolved cases ( nearly 200 ). Apparently I have a better chance of simply disappearing and never being found than of winning the lottery. Freaky.

You can always count on J.C. to say some pretty crazy crap. I loved his clothes folding story, I only wish that this story contained bing drinking like some of his past stories. I would love to sit around a campfire and let him hold the talking stick for the duration of the evening.

On every show that I listen to that that dude makes an appearance, you can't help but feel like he's just making stuff up as he goes along. It's always fun and great. I patiently wait for the seemingly inevitable tale in which four Navajo shaman tell him about the time a werewolf fought a bigfoot, probably for the right to marry the fairest maiden in the village.

I love that dude.

I have often wondered what Bigfoot would eat during the winter and it was pointed out to me that there is enough game about for such large animals as Bigfoot to eat. But does that mean that Bigfoot would have to have some hunting skills? I've never really heard of Bigfoot using tools except making 'nests' and throwing rocks etc. I suppose BF might be able to surprise the odd deer or grab some fish like bears do but could they do it enough during winter? Is there any chance of BF hibernating at all?

Finally some more information about the Ketchum paper which was mindlessly promoted by Bigfoot "researchers" like the always unreliable J.C. Johnson did on the Paracast.

That the shamefully disreputable promoters of this abject nonsense actually created their OWN journal to publish this idiocy is just part of the story. Like most everything related to this field, it gets worse.

Ketchum Bigfoot DNA paper released: Problems with questionable publication | Doubtful News

I had heard that it wasn't Dr Ketchum that released any news, someone jumped the gun and she was kind of left to deal with that.

Whether J.C or anyone else jumped the gun and started to proclaim this and that is irrelevant as to whether an actual sample of some novel DNA was analysed. Yes, it might be a balls-up in the way it has been handled publicly, before proper peer review, but that in itself does not invalidate their findings. Who is actually saying what in terms of 'those against'?

$30 dollars to download the paper? Are they serious? So those wanting to review the paper have to pay for the privilege of doing so? Hilarious.

Do you really think JC Johnson believes a lot of this stuff? As I said, I feel like he makes a lot of stuff up off the top of his head when it comes to his own experiences. I don't really think he believes in this kind of thing any more than his own stuff. I think he's a performer. This is all part of the medium he works in -- the paranormal, performance mythology medium. The price tag on the paper is somewhat telling.

For the record, were JC Johnson to truly be a performer, I see nothing wrong with that. I appreciate his stories and all the stuff he comes up with. I don't have any ill will regarding any of it. I hopes he does it for years to come. The kind of stuff he deals with isn't generally real big on the scientific community's radar, anyway.

I think it'd work like Professional Wrestling, Lance. They couldn't reveal themselves as performers, or the suspension of disbelief required to energize the medium would be destroyed and it would be no different from standard storytelling. At least, that's how it works for me.

Well, if it were performance art it would go a long way towards explaining why they claim to be scientific and yet fail to follow accepted scientific practices when it comes to genome studies, including uploading the DNA sequences to the internet so they can be independently verified, inventing their own journal to publish their paper and charging money for the privilege of reviewing said paper.

Performance art or a shining example of just how ridiculous most so called "paranormal science" actually is? You be the judge.

This is pure imposture done for morons by morons. Such stupid, ridiculous crap--promoted by stupid ridiculous dumb asses.
Oh my... Lance, you've (sadly) done it yet again. Go home, take a deep breath and we'll see you in a couple of days/weeks/months, depending on Gene's good graces and mood. Sigh-oh-nara until the potty-mouth is washed and dried.

Oh my... Lance, you've (sadly) done it yet again. Go home, take a deep breath and we'll see you in a couple of days/weeks/months, depending on Gene's good graces and mood. Sigh-oh-nara until the potty-mouth is washed and dried.

lets exile him to the carnival triumph !!! I hear they are almost waist deep in it.

Back