• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Missing People…..lots of 'em

You've had a lot of really good posts yourself Burnt State. In fact you've got more likes than messages! You must be doing something right :D.
Early back and forths with you when i first joined, and reading through some of your sparing bouts with ProphetofOccam, taught me well Obi Wan.

If it is any comfort, I like you still, Burnt,There's stuff out there that (fucking)needs to be adressed, yeah.Anyone disputing this....raising my beer to you, sorry i, must be only mid-day in the US ?

It's early evening in Canada, as I bemoan the fact that I wiped my immune system out last night, and the only thing I'll be drinking tonight is a winter warming soup with my vegetarian turned daughter. Meanwhile, the rest of the family of carnivores watches the dog balance meatballs on his nose while they all snarl at us threateningly. Yes, it's a sideshow kind of space, which makes addressing things there much easier than here.

There have also been some interesting forum members of another kind. There was the woman who thought she was the second coming of some sort of alien goddess of something. She wrote tons of out-there material. Last but not least we have to mention the infamous "sock puppets" who were guests, ex-hosts, and irate forum members gone rouge.

There have also been some interesting forum members of another kind. There was the woman who thought she was the second coming of some sort of alien goddess of something. She wrote tons of out-there material. Last but not least we have to mention the infamous "sock puppets" who were guests, ex-hosts, and irate forum members gone rouge.
This only confirms how tainted the paranormal field is. You get too close to it and before you know it you're emotionally destabilizing. I think my favourite example of this is the one ex-host asking for himself to be banned from the forum. That speaks volumes as to how people can just lose control and get too personally involved.

Of course there are many a historical thread that has had the plug pulled on it for either cutting too close to the bone or because people were indeed going 'rogue' as you say. But that would be a subject for another thread that I'm sure will never be started. But I must say, over the years there have been some fascinating personalities and really exceptional discussions.

This only confirms how tainted the paranormal field is. You get too close to it and before you know it you're emotionally destabilizing. I think my favourite example of this is the one ex-host asking for himself to be banned from the forum. That speaks volumes as to how people can just lose control and get too personally involved.

Of course there are many a historical thread that has had the plug pulled on it for either cutting too close to the bone or because people were indeed going 'rogue' as you say. But that would be a subject for another thread that I'm sure will never be started. But I must say, over the years there have been some fascinating personalities and really exceptional discussions.

ive literally just closed several tabs now, and refreshed the new posts here, the threads i was reading were about gene and bideny [spelling], see i had no idea about background history, about bannings, co host's etc, so i felt abit confused by comments on here like 'he who shall not be mentioned' and stuff like that.

fuukem paracast is what it is now, and i like it, bideny might have been abit trigger happy with the bans, and angel maybe, but ive seen no sign of that with gene or goggs, and i can be a handful at times, i suppose it all comes down to whether you display a genuine interest in the paranormal, for the majority of the time, or whether trolling is the main trend they see.

ive literally just closed several tabs now, and refreshed the new posts here, the threads i was reading were about gene and bideny [spelling], see i had no idea about background history, about bannings, co host's etc, so i felt abit confused by comments on here like 'he who shall not be mentioned' and stuff like that.

fuukem paracast is what it is now, and i like it, bideny might have been abit trigger happy with the bans, and angel maybe, but ive seen no sign of that with gene or goggs, and i can be a handful at times, i suppose it all comes down to whether you display a genuine interest in the paranormal, for the majority of the time, or whether trolling is the main trend they see.
I think that on occasion some things got a litte too personal and simply overstepped the bounds of polite discourse by veering toward vendetta instead. The original Paracast show with Biedny had a completely different flavour to what we have now. I would never say one was better than the other, but the former co-host certainly did have a big personality, famous for his on air rants.

He who shall not be named was Gene's take on Billy Meier, just like the Turd Phase of the Moon folk - why even give them publicity if they celebrate the forgeries? Still, the early shows with the pro-Meier crowd are considered by many to be classic episodes.

Hey, thanks for mentioning me Burnt! I'm going to try to post more going forward, but we had a baby last September and we've been super busy since.
I've always had a great time in this forum.
Well babies certainly know how to consume parental time, as in 24/7. Congrats on the new bundle of joy - I'm sure you're very acclimatized to life with babe now and ready to engage the forum again. It's great to see your avatar all over the place again!

Is it just me or is there a tendency for many of the forum members to be either living in rural spaces, or at least have these large properties outside the normal urban space, where people can freely ...

Hey! Stop Google Earthing the members, dude. There's lots of reasons we live out in the boonies. Nekkid bonfire dancing may be even higher on the list than the other things you mentioned.

When I lived in Chicago, I envied my friends in Wisconsin for they did indeed have spaces and plans much like those you mentioned... Come to think of it, some of them may have joined the forum long before I did.

Hey! Stop Google Earthing the members, dude. There's lots of reasons we live out in the boonies. Nekkid bonfire dancing may be even higher on the list than the other things you mentioned.
Oddly enough I live in a city of about 100,000 and the Drumlin I live on is notorious for two things: lots of bonfires and lots of nudists. No wonder I feel at home in the forum. It's all perfectly clear now.

100k over how many square miles, is it all one town ?, cos 100k is about a good round number for here aswell.
That's 33.5 sq mi. We're in a 1950's subdivision with small houses and huge enough yards, on the former farmer's field, that many of us have taken to growing mini forests for additional privacy. That way you can get pagan, worship Baal or bring out the old orgone machine to call some space friends whenever you like. I run a scaled down outdoor 16mm movie theatre in the summer garden. From 6-11pm I can hear someone on a trampoline in the distance most nights. The bird population is spectacular. Still haven't seen Mothman though despite the honey trap I set up for him years ago.

Back