• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Micah Hanks, DMT and spirits

Drew,
You have made some interesting points in your last two posts, although I don't know if I entirely buy into everything you have said in this thread. Can you explain what your experience of the bardo or lower astral plane was like?

The qigong master Chunyi Lin sat in full lotus 49 days in a cave in China taking no food, no water and no sleep the whole time. He did this here Qigongmaster ~ International Yuanming Kung Federation At first Chunyi Lin was afraid but when he went into full lotus then the walls of the cave turned into light and after that he traveled up into heaven.

So this type of advanced spirit travel first requires "nirvikalpa samadhi" which is the advanced meditation when your body is filled with electromagnetic energy so much that you do not feel your body at all and you just see light. There is a spacetime vortex which spins around the body when entering nirvikalpa samadhi and then it is realized that consciousness is neither the mind nor the body.

For yoga -- the full lotus training -- there has to be built up strong electromagnetic fields so that before nirvikalpa samadhi is achieved there are strong electromagnetic fields which pulse at the center of the hands and feet and the top of the head gets soft. These electromagnetic fields also do electrolysis to create water so that drinking is not necessary nor is food necessary and even breathing is minimal. Also the electromagnetic fields then transmit out of the pineal gland and penetrate into the brains of others around you so that the pineal gland then transduces the electromagnetic information creating telepathy, precognition and telekinesis.

When you read someone's energy then you take in their emotions as well -- and your own body will reflect the energy blockages of others around you. But the full lotus works as complementary opposites -- pyramid power -- and then the lower emotions of people around you are transformed into the healing light energy. So if a person around you has a liver blockage then your own liver will get hot -- and this is communicated through the pineal gland but the light energy is transferred most directly through eye contact. Still the pineal gland transmission is omnidirectional.

The Bushmen call it "collecting the N/um of young maidens" as the lower body life force energy is what enables the yogi to go without food -- the life force electrochemical energy is taken in and turned into blissful energy through the heart chakra and the vagus nerve; then going through the pineal gland to be transmitted out again is electromagnetic energy. So you can store up the electromagnetic energy in the lower body so that no food is needed but usually other people around you need the electromagnetic healing energy.

That's why it's so difficult to reach nirvikalpa samadhi because you have to store up your own electrochemical energy and then purify it or ionize it -- again it works through nonwestern harmonics which violates the Western math -- the commutative property. So 2:3 is the Perfect 5th music interval as C to G or yang (electromagnetic) and 3:4 is the Perfect 4th as yin or G to C (electrochemical). In China this was called the "infinite spiral of fifths" as energy frequency alchemy. The full lotus is then a pyramid as a tetrahedron made up of 8 triangles each 2:3:4.

The qigong or yoga masters can then do real astral travel as long distance healing -- which means when they travel it's just as real as being awake. This is done as the "astral tube" which means more like remote viewing -- or "astral travel" which is the yin spirit body. So ghosts are also yin spirit bodies -- and they are stuck in the bardo -- the human astral realm -- since when they left the body there was a strong lower emotional attachment with their electromagnetic essence stuck in the lower body. So in Tibet when a person dies the monk will feel the body to see if the feet get cold first (then the person is going to heaven) or if the head gets cold first (then the person goes to hell).

I can actually read where a person's electromagnetic essence is stored in their body -- most people are between Number 2 and Number 3 according to Gurdjieff's system. The Number 1 person had some Freudian trauma before puberty was finished -- so they are "hard-wired" with their electromagnetic essence stuck in their lower chakra. The Number 3 is starting to open the third eye as their mind is more focused on formless reality -- this would be the mind yoga of Western religion. But Gurdjieff emphasized the problem with the West is that there is no conscious sublimation and purification of the life force lower body energy -- so that the love energy then creates electromagnetic healing transmission.

The best way to to this transformation is through the "small universe" or "microcosmic orbit" practice. Here's a free book on it:

Mantak Chia - Awaken Healing Energy through the Tao

The astral travel is instantaneous as through photon entanglement so Chunyi Lin who works with the Mayo Clinic - he just needs the name, age, sex and location of a person to do long distance healing. Phone healing works very well because the voice is the generative force energy or electrochemical energy -- so that the blockage is easily taken in and then transformed back as healing energy through the third eye. Spring Forest Qigong if you want to get a phone healing. There's also video testimonies from people healed of late term cancer, M.S., Parkinsons, etc.

A great book on these types of astral travel abilities is called "Opening the Dragon Gate" a biography of Wang, Liping. Another one is "Nothing Ever Happened" by David Godman about H.W.L. Poonja. There are some good books on nonwestern healing abilities even though there's a lot vapid material out there. Science is helpful as a model but the real training is right brain dominant and requires direct supervision of a master, under special circumstances -- as the electromagnetic energy is dangerous once it builds up. Then you start doing spirit exorcism of people around you which creates what Reich called "negative transference" so it's important to be careful with the energy.

The perception of having an experience that expands consciousness and actually having an experience that expands consciousness are two different things.
It is that perceptual bias found within most people that I feel makes the psychedelic experience untrustworthy.

This doesn't make sense. If you're having an internal experience than how could it be measured by anyone other than the subject? If a person thinks they are having a spiritual experience, or a horrific experience then how can an outside observer logically claim they aren't? It's the individual's perception and that is reality, for that moment at least.
If you think that all experience within such states is delusional then you're just stating your opinion. Maybe you've had bad time with such things , if so then that's your experience not everyone's , you can't make an sweeping statement like that.

The perception of having an experience that expands consciousness and actually having an experience that expands consciousness are two different things.
It is that perceptual bias found within most people that I feel makes the psychedelic experience untrustworthy.

This doesn't make sense. If you're having an internal experience than how could it be measured by anyone other than the subject? If a person thinks they are having a spiritual experience, or a horrific experience then how can an outside observer logically claim they aren't? It's the individual's perception and that is reality, for that moment at least.
If you think that all experience within such states is delusional then you're just stating your opinion. Maybe you've had bad time with such things , if so then that's your experience not everyone's , you can't make an honest statement like that.
I am not saying the states are delusional and I am not trying devalue any positiveness you may have obtained from such an experience. I am saying that like everything else, it can be colored by our perceptual bias and to not acknowledge that lacks honesty.

Drew,
I get that you are enthusiastic, but I don't feel you really answered my question. What was the bardo like to you when you went there?

I am not saying the states are delusional and I am not trying devalue any positiveness you may have obtained from such an experience. I am saying that like everything else, it can be colored by our perceptual bias and to not acknowledge that lacks honesty.

Oh yeah, well of course it's colored by many things. I agree there. Your mind set, and physical setting are big factors first of all, as is your cultural conditioning etc.... like many things in life. Different people have different perceptual biases. But I don't see that as a reason to avoid or be suspicious of psychedelics. Or to discount them.

Greevace,

You say you respect db, but continue to represent his "thoughts" in an out of context and rather passive aggressive fashion. If you respect a man, show that man respect. Simple.

Oh yeah, well of course it's colored by many things. I agree there. Your mind set, and physical setting are big factors first of all, as is your cultural conditioning etc.... like many things in life. Different people have different perceptual biases. But I don't see that as a reason to avoid or be suspicious of psychedelics. Or to discount them.

And I am not. I think used properly they can provide a sense of perspective in this world and they have helped people, but they have also harmed people. I just don't see them as a way to the answer of UFO and other explained phenomena. I think the best it can do is to provide correlations. And only with caution.

Peace.

You'll have to be a bit more specific with your question. I've given you the answer but you can always read my numerous articles, interviews, my book, and my masters thesis, etc. for more info.

Natural Resonance Revolution will get you the links.

If you feel like you have any more specific questions then just ask. Just to keep it on the DMT side of things though -- if you want another description of the Bardo watch this:

Out of My Mouth There Flew a Spider: An Ayahuasca Monologue | Reality Sandwich

David -- that's a cool article, thanks. The biology professor Brian Goodwin has updated Turing's inhibition-activation systems analysis using quantum chaos mathematics and Goodwin authored the book "How the Leopard Changed Its Spots"

Amazon.com: How the Leopard Changed Its Spots : The Evolution of Complexity (9780691088099): Brian Goodwin: Books

Professor Goodwin's early book "Temporal Order of Cells" argues that the natural resonance of frequency creates a significant increase in amplitude causing a non-linear evolution of cells -- which is exactly the model I use for paranormal reality -- only I use it from the perspective of nonwestern music. The problem, of course, with quantum chaos, built from the earlier nonlinear computer equations, is that the computer iterations determine the logic of the model. I've corresponded with quantum chaos math professor Steve Strogatz about this problem and also I've corresponded with quantum chaos math professor Ian Stewart, coauthor of "Evolving the Alien" with the biologist Jack Cohen.

As Professor Strogatz states about quantum chaos or complexity science:

THE WORLD QUESTION CENTER 2006 Page 8

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In my own field of complex systems theory, Stephen Wolfram has emphasized that there are simple computer programs, known as cellular automata, whose dynamics can be so inscrutable that there's no way to predict how they'll behave; the best you can do is simulate them on the computer, sit back, and watch how they unfold. Observation replaces insight. Mathematics becomes a spectator sport.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If this is happening in mathematics, the supposed pinnacle of human reasoning, it seems likely to afflict us in science too, first in physics and later in biology and the social sciences (where we're not even sure what's true, let alone why).[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When the End of Insight comes, the nature of explanation in science will change forever. We'll be stuck in an age of authoritarianism, except it'll no longer be coming from politics or religious dogma, but from science itself.[/FONT]
So in my masters thesis I modeled the convergence of nonwestern paranormal healing using the model of resonance with the model of resonance also used in quantum chaos:

Drew Hempel ~ Epicenters of Justice

Soon after that I realized an error in my masters thesis since the equations used for complexity still rely on symmetric math, as Professor Ian Stewart's recent book goes over -- "Why Beauty is Truth: A history of symmetry" Amazon.com: Why Beauty Is Truth: The History of Symmetry (9780465082360): Ian Stewart: Books

So, again, the secret for nonwestern paranormal resonance is that it relies on complementary opposites in violation of "one to one correspondence" of geometry and algebra found in Western math -- going back to the ancient "divide and average" math systems of Babylon, Egypt, India, China, etc. Complementary opposite resonance is very simple yet very radical nevertheless abides by the basic principle also discovered by Professor Brian Goodwin:

the natural resonance of frequency creates a significant increase in amplitude causing a non-linear evolution of cells.

Or as I discovered yang is the Perfect 5th as 2:3 while yin is the Perfect 4th as 3:4 so that C x G does not equal G x C -- in violation of the commutative property. And this is what was called in China "the infinite spiral of fifths" -- because, crucially, China was not using a phonetic-based language with a one to one correspondence between letter and number.

Just as religion, every single take will be "interpreted". To say that an experience this strange is definitely "this" is nearly impossible. However, if you re-visit a "realm" through ingestion, meditation, abduction, etc, then at some point you begin to say "it must be THERE". This repeated process of encountering the DMT entities is what gives belief to its users. If you have not done something, then you do not know. I do agree that the actual "breakthrough" experience McKenna refers to must indeed be achieved and may not happen with just one go. Similar to meditation, catching the train may take a time or two or many. Another weird aspect of the experience is that when you do break through the "veil", it tends to repeat the following times. I keep reiterating the experience itself because it is invaluable and irreplaceable. Like McKenna said to the Swiss UFO conference attendees, if I told you "over that hill a UFO lands every Sunday at noon", then you would likely be at that spot on noon the following Sunday. Yet there is a built in bias against what Shamen have been experiencing for thousands of years. I find this resistance really interesting and maybe tell-tale about the nature of humans in the West. There seems to be a need to simply be "right" and the "one who tells everyone what's right". I certainly am not trying to do this, but it seems even so with my own posts. I've tried to encourage some other authors' takes on the whole subject to support what I'm saying, and maybe to point out some other more eloquent or easier to understand ways of explaining. Graham Hancock is another famed author in the field who recently became a convert after visiting the Amazon region and doing Ayahuasca. He sort of avoided the subject for over a decade and then due to his curiosity he went and had the experience.
Sting had the experience back in the 80's and has remained the most famous associated with it the whole time! I will gladly read or discuss anything related to the unknown, but I get the feeling others won't even give it the time of day. You will notice that anyone who has had the DMT breakthrough experience will immediately support each other, similar to War Veterans for example. Ralph Abrams and Rupert Sheldrake are two other authors worth mentioning.

I am fairly thick-skinned, I can take any insults. I feel I've been pretty respectful, haven't called any names or anything. New Yorkers ain't the only tough guys.
I feel like a broken record here, but I've listened for 3 years I believe and I've heard the DMT experience belittled again and again. I felt like it was time to chime in
and point out some simple hypocrisy in the logic used. I hear basically "I know what I saw was real" and then others being told they are wrong.

Drew H, interesting stuff no doubt. Have you ever read "Invisible Landscape" by McKenna? Seems to be in line with much of what you are saying. The entire Reptilian brain/DNA communicating with us at low level chakras, etc, etc, is deep stuff indeed. Very fascinating, but not sure I think it's so simple to figure out. I don't agree with everything McKenna said, but I've found the more I have learned the more I have gone back and he seems to know more and more to me. I think he had about a 40 year headstart on most Western researchers. I'm not sure how Ockam's Razor would play in this field, but it could be possible that these "entities" were really manipulating our entire experience into that which we are perceiving. It just needs more research like all things paranormal.

Definition for dB: Paranoid: Annoyed by the Paracast ;)

My god Drew,
Did you do a masters thesis? I wasn't sure because you MENTION IT NEARLY EVERY POST! Try being humble from time to time.

My god Drew,
Did you do a masters thesis? I wasn't sure because you MENTION IT NEARLY EVERY POST! Try being humble from time to time.

Well kipspritely obviously a masters degree doesn't go to far these days but my degree was self-designed and was first published on David Icke's website. So, it's true, I'm definitely a renegade but having Icke as my main internet introduction, puts me solidly into the trickster realm of analysis.

But in terms of color analysis and visual "hallucinations" Professor Michael Taussig has repeatedly asked someone to write a Ph.D. on the anthropology of music. Since I finished my masters degree doing the self-directed qigong training for graduate-level credit, I've been reading a book a day for the past ten years, just to reverse-engineer the paranormal experiences.

Professor Michael Taussig at Columbia University did ayahausca for his anthropology research and his latest book is "What Color is the Sacred?"

faculty

CABINET // Michael Taussig

That they go together, these quick spirits and brilliant colors, should not be lost on us. Isidore of Seville, the savants’ savant, said in the seventh century AD that color and heat were the same since colors came from fire or sunlight and because the words for them were fundamentally the same, calor and color. Etymology like this is hardly a science, but he was onto something important, same as the famous connection between color and the quick-spirited drill of the Berbers incorporated into the colonial army. And note that in his Etymologiae Isidore of Seville did not say light, but sunlight, light that comes from the biggest fire of all, the one that gives without receiving.

He's more of a Leftist beatnik type if I had to label Taussig but his latest book on synthetic color as colonialism is truly fascinating, again, inspired by his DMT trip in the Amazon.

He begins by noting Goethe’s belief that Europeans are physically averse to vivid color while the uncivilized revel in it, which prompts Taussig to reconsider colonialism as a tension between chromophobes and chromophiliacs. And he ends with the strange story of coal, which, he argues, displaced colonial color by giving birth to synthetic colors, organic chemistry, and IG Farben, the giant chemical corporation behind the Third Reich.
Michael Taussig: What Color Is the Sacred?

What Color Is the Sacred? by Michael Taussig, an excerpt

In Taoist alchemy the colors seen through the pineal gland are a reflection of the internal body organ energy -- so red is the heart, blue is the pancreas, green is the liver, white is the lungs, black is the kidneys, yellow is the spleen.

The idea that color is not limited to the visual cortex but instead is due to the inherent quantum basis of reality is the focus of biologist Dr. Andrew Parker's amazing book, "In the Blink of an Eye."

Amazon.com: In The Blink Of An Eye: How Vision Sparked The Big Bang Of Evolution (9780465054381): Andrew Parker: Books

The secret is what Parker calls "quantum diffraction gradients" and it's the same as what causes the rainbow "hallucination" when looking at the back of a compact disc.

These quantum diffraction gradients are also the focus of the new "biophoton" research which argues that the WHOLE ORGANISM is a "liquid crystal" of rainbow light -- see Dr. Mae-Wan Ho's excellent book

THE RAINBOW AND THE WORM

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/rnbwwrm.phpHere's a good synopsis of Dr. Mae-Wan Ho's model for the rainbow of reality:

Another scientist who greatly influenced me, and whom I came to know, was solid-state physicist Herbert Fröhlich [16, 17]. He pointed out that the organism is densely packed with dielectric molecules (as in a solid-state device), which both react to and generate EMFs, and hence the laws of solid-state physics would apply to the organism as first approximation. He proposed that the energy the organism gets by metabolising food could ‘pump’ the living system into a state of “coherent excitations”, the way that pumping energy into a solid-state device could make its light-emitting atoms vibrate in concert to produce coherent light or laser.
The term “coherent excitation” is wonderfully evocative. Think of a motley collection of dancers responding to the seductive rhythm of good music, and working themselves up to a frenzy of excitement when they end up moving in coordinated fashion without being choreographed to do so.
Unlike an ordinary laser light that’s coherent in a single frequency of EMF, the living organism is coherent over a multitude of frequencies spanning many orders of magnitude, 10 or more. As a result, the organism is sensitive to the entire range of EMFs, from the extremely low frequency radio waves to the microwave region and beyond, because it is effectively tuned by its coherent activities to all those frequencies.
Quantum Jazz, The meaning of Life, the Universe and Everything

Quantum Jazz The Tao of Biology

hempel,

So crackhead Icke is your fucking mentor? That's enough for me, and it puts you in a crock of putrid poop. Go find another place to peddle your pap.

dB

Dave,
No ass-kissing intended, but I had to wonder if drew was fishing for an interview. I am glad to know that I wasn't the only one that suspected he was full of it.

Hempel definitely has more noise than signal, If you Google some of his rhetoric you’ll see he spews the same crap in other forums. I wouldn’t recommend it though it’s the same crap as above.

If the guy was as in touch with his spirituality as he makes out he’d have a lot less ego and be a lot more humble.

We don't even know where consciousness resides; how can we purport to understand the effects that psychedelics have on our consciousnesses?

Good point. But psychedelics are the best tools we have .​

I never said it wasn't a good tool. What I wrote was "We don't even know where consciousness resides; how can we purport to understand the effects that psychedelics have on our consciousnesses?"

My point being, we don't have any real grasp on the effects of psychedelics. Doesn't mean we shouldn't keep on studying those effects. That being said, we are always in a sort of psychedelic state, and we need to remember that. Life itself is a trip.

It's sort of too bad hample was banned before I got on and could reply to his narssocistic rantings. I'd like to point out that anybody who goes without food, water, and sleep for 49 days would die, regardless of their spiritual enlightenment, and being in the lotus position would just make them die uncomfortably. I agree hample needed to be banned, though, if for no other reason than to keep the thread to a modest length.

No offense to the proponents of DMT but if I'm going to have a spiritual or paranormal experience I want it to be completely rooted in the perceptions I experience with my own five senses in my "normal" mental state (and yes, I know we could argue for pages about what a normal mental state is.) I'll stick with boring normal consciousness, but in the same sense I'm not discrediting people who have tried or use DMT to push the envelop. Since we know 0, this is one more methodology on the table to try, as long as it's done intelligently and safely.

My very brief 2 cents.

Rest in peace, hample, and in the immortal words of the Joker (Jack Nicholson), "I'm glad your dead."

Apparently qigong is not completely benevolent, either. Qigong deviation syndrome is recognized in China as a legitimate disorder.
http://www.hkjpsych.com/journal_file...nd%2012_14.pdf

Yeah, The stuff is powerful you gotta be careful. It's not crystal rubbing.
That being said it looks like most of the risks involve people who overdo it too quickly or have some mental imbalance to begin with. I doubt it's a "dangerous" thing to practice in general. And watch out for offical Chinese govt info on Qigong- they have an agenda against it so you're not likely to get honest info from them.

Back