• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Micah Hanks, DMT and spirits

Dave, it's the "cred points" statements that I find bothersome. Why must I gain "cred points"? Isn't that a bit childish. I QUOTED Pinchbeck. He's a familiar writer in the scene, that's all. He offers plenty of food for thought. YOU have a platform to speak and everyone here listens. I know you love to be offensive and I actually think that's cool. I'm still here. But it is a bit silly to make those statements, yet it makes good drama.

Still doesn't change the fact that you SHOULD experience those things that you interpret without the experience. The reason you continually hear from the DMT experiencers is that it is every bit as REAL as your own experiences. I've listened to you dis the entire experience for some time. I also listened to you dis William Cooper and Bud Hopkins, yet come around and embrace them. You would be the IDEAL person to experience Ayahuasca and report it. You are quite eloquent with your words and descriptions, and the ones of us who are fans would LOVE To hear your interpretation. I didn't really listen to anything David Icke said until he went to Peru and did Ayahuasca. I've listened to Daniel Pinchbeck speak about it also, and I know they have both had the real experience. My original post on here was twofold: 1)DMT dimension is "real" by the purest definition of "real" 2)Those who have NOT experienced, are completely unaware and should not be interpreting it.

Has anyone gone to the Monroe Institute, or have a close friend who has gone? Does their Hemi-Sync method actually work? Their argument is that you can fast track out-of-body/inter-dimensional experiences without years of meditation and without the potential confounding effect of drugs.

Dave, it's the "cred points" statements that I find bothersome. Why must I gain "cred points"? Isn't that a bit childish. I QUOTED Pinchbeck. He's a familiar writer in the scene, that's all. He offers plenty of food for thought. YOU have a platform to speak and everyone here listens. I know you love to be offensive and I actually think that's cool. I'm still here. But it is a bit silly to make those statements, yet it makes good drama.

You feel Pinchbeck has something to offer, I don't agree. What's the problem? We differ on opinions regarding this useless bundle of molecules. You mention that you find something compelling about David Icke, now that he's had some of your Koolaid. They've "both had the experience" of ingesting chemistry that messes with their visual cortex. Need I say more?

That's OK, I'm just about done with this sandbox.

dB

Why NOT try the experience if it's available?

Hallucinogens are a tool, not a path. I have no desire to try something that may just end muddying the picture even more. I think they are just as likely to cause misdirection as they are enlightenment.

I have no desire to try something that may just end muddying the picture even more.

More than what ? Everyday waking reality?

More than what ? Everyday waking reality?

As I stated above, We don't really know if they expand consciousness as their proponents claim or if all they produce are illusions. I tend to think the later in that they change peoples perceptions, but the change is still an illusion.

How we can hope to understand waking reality if all hallucinogens do is cause another kind of illusion. At the risk of sounding flippant, if hallucinogens were truly a path to enlightenment, a lot more enlightened people should have come out of the 60's than the limited few that did.

As I stated above, We don't really know if they expand consciousness as their proponents claim or if all they produce are illusions. I tend to think the later in that they change peoples perceptions, but the change is still an illusion.

Well, we do know that they expand consciousness ( those who've experienced it anyway). I understand what you're getting at here but simplifying them as a product that just creates an illusion is inaccurate. What is an illusion anyway? You can call it illusion but it's yourself that you're experiencing. Wouldn't something from which you can gain insight be valid whether it were allegedly an illusion or not?

How we can hope to understand waking reality if all hallucinogens do is cause another kind of illusion. At the risk of sounding flippant, if hallucinogens were truly a path to enlightenment, a lot more enlightened people should have come out of the 60's than the limited few that did.

I wouldn't call them a path to enlightenment either. I've said they're very powerful and effective tools, like a telescope. You can look at the night sky and see stars but if you look through a telescope you can see the stars in a very new way. Ultimately these things teach you about yourself, and from there you can grasp truths in other aspects of nature and reality. I'm not going to tell everyone they should try a psychedelic but I have no doubt the world would be a better place if everyone did. Most people are drastically out of touch with themselves/nature.

I have to be logical here and politely point out a few things. Experience cannot be taken away from the experiencer. To poo poo something you have not experienced is wrong scientifically, philosophically, etc. If a statement is true, it's opposite NECESSARILY MUST be true. SO, if something "muddies" the waters by experiencing it, then NOT experiencing it MUST CLEAR the waters. In this case, that is false. Learning MORE information COULD muddy your own waters and those of others, but not necessarily so. Dave said he wished he hadn't had his own personal experiences on the Micah show. I completely understand what he is saying. Having highly strange encounters blows the doors off your own perception and questions get bigger and bigger. So should we simply stop? You could make the nuts and bolts argument that it won't put food on the table or make you MORE sane. However, if you are searching for truth, intellectual honesty, spirituality, and the ability to share data, then you must forge onwards. I never said I agreed with Pinchbeck or Icke completely. Then David turns around and says "well I am done, I disagree with you." Okay, but isn't that like an adult taking his toys and running home? If you ever had the experience that Micah refers to involving this "useless molecule", your world would be flipped.
It is INEFFABLE in the strongest of ways. Terence and Dennis McKenna have probably done the subject the most justice in their writings and lectures. You should get DENNIS MCKENNA and interview him. It could open your mind further. Terence got up at a Swiss UFO lecture once as guest speaker, and the first thing he said was "You should quit staring up at the sky looking for silver saucers and try DMT. ALIENS are waiting for you to communicate in Hyperspace.". I'm not saying DON'T stare at the sky, but don't rule out the Shamanic subject. They have been practicing these rituals in some cases for over 30,000 years. A scientist recently concluded the odds of finding two plants that open a doorway into another dimension at 1 in 600 million. I would say it's greater than that, but that's great enough to boggle the mind. Gene and Dave constantly get angry when people say "ET" and are quick to point out the beings could be dimensional or whatever your way of saying non-physical/of another is. DMT proves this. I know Dave is also a reader. If you have not read "The Archaic Revival" by Terence McKenna OR "The Cosmic Serpent" by Jeremy Narby, you have skipped two of the most amazing pieces of written work EVER. Micah seems like a nice guy, and is a fellow North Carolinian with myself, but it sounds like to me he's been reading some McKenna and has regurgitated what he's read and NOT experienced. PLANT LIFE you put it very well to me: "I'm not going to tell everyone they should try a psychedelic but I have no doubt the world would be a better place if everyone did. Most people are drastically out of touch with themselves/nature."

Well, we do know that they expand consciousness ( those who've experienced it anyway). I understand what you're getting at here but simplifying them as a product that just creates an illusion is inaccurate. What is an illusion anyway? You can call it illusion but it's yourself that you're experiencing. Wouldn't something from which you can gain insight be valid whether it were allegedly an illusion or not?

No, I would make the argument that your perceptions say you experienced expanded consciousness. Often the quality and the nature of the experience is predicated on the relative mental state of the person taking the hallucinogen. Again, each human's reality shapes the nature of the trip. Hallucinogens may show us there is a door to a greater spirituality, so to speak, but they don't give us any indication as to the nature or the structure of what is past the door.

greevace, seeing as you know everything about me, why should I bother engaging you in a debate or conversation? What would be the point? You've already decided that you know what consciousness is, and how to expand it. After making that kind of grandiose statement, how can anyone else get a word in?

Anyway, from my point of view, it won't matter after next week. Sayonara.

dB

well dB, if i have planted the seed of thought in your mind and gotten such a negative reaction from you, then maybe i have accomplished my karmic goal. this is only the biggest of subjects on earth. it is your loss to not know of the shamanic/mystic realm. i know very little about you to refute your own claim. maybe you've had a bad day? i haven't attacked like the ad hominem stuff you seem to be into. have you read McKenna or Jeremy Narby? i would love to know. i can understand your resistance to this, because i have experienced this for 15 years when i first got into the psychedelics. i began with a fascination in UFOs in general as a kid, and it progressed and progressed up to DMT experiences. meeting other beings in a separate environment most definitely changed my views to the possibility that these beings could exist in a different dimension of timespace, and much deeper than anything we could imagine. if you can have some of the people on the PC that you do, ie Greer, Bassett, etc, you should MOST DEFINITELY get DENNIS MCKENNA. What about Sasha Shulgin? i was very sad when Mac Tonnies passed, as his "After the Martian Apocalypse" book is a fave of mine, and Mac was beginning to get into the entire alien/shamanic connections. what a loss. what a great thinker. i bring him up because the great thinkers are dying. someone must carry on to encourage the shamanic path. Tibetan monks were given DMT to get their reactions and there response was basically "we know of these beings. they are the jesters. this is entry level". They claimed they had much greater awareness of higher beings on mulitiple dimensions/levels. Amazing. Anyways, if you have people like Micah on that write about things they have not experienced, and then everyone puts forth opinions and states their own beliefs, why not have someone who HAS HAD THE EXPERIENCE, like Dennis McKenna?

Consider this. If taking a "chemical agent" causes someone to have their own personal "hallucination", then if multiple users take the same chemical, the "trips" should necessarily be different and subjective. Right? Doesn't happen with DMT. Look it up anywhere you like. Once again I am only trying to shed more light on a most fascinating subject. dB and Gene consistently point out that you don't know where the "aliens" originate from. DMT would shed light on an answer and support your own very beliefs that they may be interdimensional.

From William James' "The Varieties of Religious Experience" a long quote that bears on much of what is posted here:

'Let us play fair in this whole matter, and be quite candid with ourselves and with the facts. When we think certain states of mind superior to others, is it ever because of what we know concerning their organic antecedents? No! it is always for two entirely different reasons. It is either because we take an immediate delight in them; or else it is because we believe them to bring us good consequential fruits for life. When we speak disparagingly of "feverish fancies," surely the fever-process as such is not the ground of our disesteem-for aught we know to the contrary, 103<SUP>o</SUP> or 104<SUP>o</SUP> Fahrenheit might be a much more favorable temperature for truths to germinate and sprout in, than the more ordinary blood-heat of 97 or 98 degrees. It is either the disagreeableness itself of the fancies, or their inability to bear the criticisms of the convalescent hour. When we praise the thoughts which health brings, health's peculiar chemical metabolisms have nothing to do with determining our judgment. We know in fact almost nothing about these metabolisms. It is the character of inner happiness in the thoughts which stamps them as good, or else their consistency with our other opinions and their serviceability for our needs, which make them pass for true in our esteem.

Now the more intrinsic and the more remote of these criteria do not always hang together. Inner happiness and serviceability do not always agree. What immediately feels most "good" is not always most "true," when measured by the verdict of the rest of experience. The difference between Philip drunk and Philip sober is the classic instance in corroboration. If merely "feeling good" could decide, drunkenness would be the supremely valid human experience. But its revelations, however acutely satisfying at the moment, are inserted into an environment which refuses to bear them out for any length of time. The consequence of this discrepancy of the two criteria is the uncertainty which still prevails over so many of our spiritual judgments. There are moments of sentimental and mystical experience -- we shall hereafter hear much of them -- that carry an enormous sense of inner authority and illumination with them when they come. But they come seldom, and they do not come to everyone; and the rest of life makes either no connection with them, or tends to contradict them more than it confirms them. Some persons follow more the voice of the moment in these cases, some prefer to be guided by the average results. Hence the sad discordancy of so many of the spiritual judgments of human beings; a discordancy which will be brought home to us acutely enough before these lectures end.

It is, however, a discordancy that can never be resolved by any merely medical test.'

Well Micah Hanks did refer to Pinchbeck during the interview and I told Pinchbeck that his consciousness was still stuck in his lower chakras. Gurdjieff talks about this -- how a person has their essence as their "center of gravity" in different parts of their body -- this means the person's subconscious electromagnetic focus. So, according to Gurdjieff, a number 4 person had their center of gravity permanently in the third eye, whereas a Number 5 person has their third eye fully open and it's a long ways between the two. Meanwhile the Number 3 person is still controlled by their lower emotions -- the electrochemical energy of the organs. So anger is a liver blockage, fear is the kidneys, worry is the pancreas, overexcitement is the heart and sadness is the lungs -- that's from traditional Chinese medicine but Gurdjieff's alchemical system is the same as Taoist yoga alchemy.

I tested DMT while doing the third eye full lotus practice but still the DMT is a life changing experience (or post-death experience) -- it's not just a visual hallucination -- it's a full body transformation. Sitting in full lotus optimized this transformation -- since I was able to focus the brain's electromagnetic energy back into the lower body so that the electrochemical energy would be further ionized and transmuted into light energy. So Professor Robert Sapolsky is working on the next level of psychotropic drugs -- based on the pituitary-hypothalamus-adrenal axis. In other words the adrenals are now considered key for psychotropic medication and in traditional Chinese medicine the kidneys are call the "internal reproductive organs" -- where the life force energy is stored and built up. DMT works similarly but on a very profound level.

For those who do see ghosts there has to be right brain dominance -- a surge and transmutation of the lower body electrochemical energy through the vagus nerve via the right side of the neck. Recently neuroscientist Jill Bolte Taylor had a stroke so that her left brain was completely shut off and she experienced the spiritual realm of light energy due to right brain dominance. Right brain perceives the Another neijia blog

Jill Bolte Taylors stroke of insight | Video on TED.com

A Stroke Leads a Brain Scientist to a New Spirituality - NYTimes.com

I personally take Stan Gooch's angle on seeing aliens -- it is literally the reptilian cerebellum brain as a projection of our subconscious lower body energy. If our electromagnetic essence is still stuck in our lower body but then we have a right brain dominance experience this experience will be a projection of that lower body emotional energy -- the fear, anger, worry and sadness. Nandor Fodor's Freudian paranormal analysis makes a similar argument -- how poltergeists and telekinesis are a projection of this subconscious electromagnetic energy from the lower body. And traditional Chinese medicine says the same thing -- Master Ni, Huang-chi of Los Angeles (from Taiwan) says that if a person focuses their brain energy -- keeping their electromagnetic focus strong in the brain and heart -- then they will not be scared or bothered by ghosts. But with left brain dominance, as is the case with modern civilized people, there will also be ignorance about ghosts and the spiritual realm. Ghost pollution is real -- qigong master Chunyi Lin says it takes him several visits to clear a room of the ghosts. He sees spirits all the time.

Micah Hanks started out by stating that technology is the new spirituality -- that we project our spiritual energy now as technological magic. This is true but the spiritual energy is a subconscious projection since with left brain dominance our conscious awareness is cut off from our lower body electrochemical energy. The right brain focus as spirituality now means the technology is in control and the human remains unaware of the electromagnetic energy. I call this the "Actual Matrix Plan" -- The Actual Plan for the Matrix: Incommensurability, Harmonic Resonance, and the Religion of Technology is my expose of it as the "structural surplus value of consciousness." And then the ecological crisis and vast extremes of social conditions are the psychological symptoms of our reliance on technology as spirituality. Professor David F. Noble was at M.I.T. and was fired because he exposed this secret society apocalyptic direction of science -- the American Historical Association backed his lawsuit which proved his firing at M.I.T. as political. So now Professor Noble is exiled to Canada but his latest book traces this apocalyptic "religion of technology" back to the ancient city states in the origin of civilization.

Consider this. If taking a "chemical agent" causes someone to have their own personal "hallucination", then if multiple users take the same chemical, the "trips" should necessarily be different and subjective. Right? Doesn't happen with DMT. Look it up anywhere you like. Once again I am only trying to shed more light on a most fascinating subject. dB and Gene consistently point out that you don't know where the "aliens" originate from. DMT would shed light on an answer and support your own very beliefs that they may be interdimensional.

Then obviously you didn't read what Strassman found during his study. The experiences did differ between subjects and some were very negative. He also noted that the experiences did not have a significant life-changing effect on his subjects after the study ended.

Chapter Summaries | Rick Strassman, M.D.

I also looked for the info on Tibetan monks you referenced. I could only find that Terence McKenna was able to persuade one Tibetan monk to take DMT. After the trip, the monk confirmed that DMT took him to a meditative dimension that the Tibetan Buddhist monks are familiar with. He also confirmed that DMT takes you as deep into the bardo as you can go and still return. No mention of machine elves or higher beings.

So apparently DMT doesn't really tell us who the aliens are and where they are from.

Actually this Tibetan monk comment is spot on as the bardo is the lower astral realm traveled through at death. What is consistent from the DMT trip is what's called "DMT hyperspace" or what I call the "rainbow vortex of reality." It's basically a tunnel, a kaleidoscope, but more so, a holograph of light as spacetime. McKenna emphasizes that unless you reach DMT hyperspace then you have not really achieved "breakthrough" for the DMT experience. McKenna stated that digestion of DMT is much stronger than smoking. I did the digestion -- a 5 hour trip -- whereas smoking or injection just lasts a few minutes.

So the "aliens" or "machine elves" are actually the brain's hallucinations as David points out is the case with other DMT-related psychotropics. McKenna says that once the DMT hyperspace is achieved then these supposed beings (aliens or machine elves) actually just appear and disappear as fast as they appeared -- sucked back into the DMT hyperspace vortex. But even though motor loss is almost total you do retain left-brain consciousness so questions can be asked to the "experience" -- the answer being a deep reflection of the subconscious -- the right brain vision. Since I was in full-lotus I was able to verify that DMT activates the kundalini -- a full on kundalini activation -- with amazing profound bliss -- and this lower body energy, triggered by the DMT, once released, then shoots up to the brain to launch the DMT hyperspace. Gun shots are heard and the skull cracks open and this launches the rainbow vortex of reality.

But the Tibetan monks are very correct to state this is just the bardo realm -- and hence the seeing of "elves" or "aliens," etc. because these visions are literally just the lower chakra projections before and during the DMT hyperspace breakthrough. It's the subconscious essence -- the electromagnetic energy from the lower chakras -- now manifesting through right brain breakthrough. Again I did not have these hallucinations because I could already consciously "flex" my thalamus pineal gland (in fact it's permanently magnetized from Chunyi Lin, qigong master Spring Forest Qigong ) -- since I did the monk training -- what's called "achievement of cessation" in Theravada Buddhism. So the big difference with alchemy or meditation from consciousness is that real astral travel is powered by the stored electromagnetic energy while a planet-based experience is just very strong electrochemical energy that then is transferred into the spirit energy. There's three realms -- the light as spirit energy; the electromagnetic force which powers the spirit body -- as chi or prana, etc. -- and then the emotional electrochemical energy as the etheric energy (jing, kundalini, etc.).

I can assure you that real astral travel is a rare advanced state and again the diet is very very purified. It's best done in full lotus. If you read serious yoga books it states that you have to at least be vegetarian, preferably no salt -- in fact salt tastes like poison. I was salt free for months before my advanced levels of practice where I had regular telepathy, telekinesis and precognition, besides strong healing abilities. I can no longer eat normal food although, as I stated, my family considers being vegetarian a cult - so I take antiseptics and slowly, as my family learns through experience, my diet can improve. What enables these spiritual abilities is love from pure consciousness -- the formless awareness which is the fourth state beyond dreamless deep sleep -- and it's what creates the light spirit realm. Consciousness is always already as the eternal process of spacetime creation -- it creates the rainbow vortex of spacetime as the holograph of the universe.

Drew,
You have made some interesting points in your last two posts, although I don't know if I entirely buy into everything you have said in this thread. Can you explain what your experience of the bardo or lower astral plane was like?

Red,
No, I would make the argument that your perceptions say you experienced expanded consciousness.

Yeah... and who else would make that assessment other than me?

The perception of having an experience that expands consciousness and actually having an experience that expands consciousness are two different things.
It is that perceptual bias found within most people that I feel makes the psychedelic experience untrustworthy.

Back