• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mayan end of the world countdown started!

What if we were presented with irrefutable proof on the evening news one day that it was true? What would happen? I don't think society would just chug along as usual. The best you could do would be to try to secure a supply of food and water to last you until d-day. Since everyone else would be trying to do pretty much the same it might get a little ugly.

If enough people took any given prediction of doomsday seriously it could become a self-fulfilling prophecy. I think for this reason that if any authority were to have some real advanced knowledge of a world-wide cataclysm they would think twice before announcing it to the world in general. They're more likely to just dig a hole and pull the door shut and not say a word. It would just serve everyone better.

Thank goodness the track record for these things is so abysmal only a fringe element really gives these predictions any credence. The real doomsday for the human race will be the collapse of our artificial economic system no matter what the events are that proceed it. We might be able to see that coming or like other predictions of impending doom, maybe not so much.

We have a well stocked kitchen pantry, (someone once commented it looked like a supermarket in there) and a larger bulk store in the garage, a hothouse and kitchen garden.
A seed bank and a few other survivor tools.
And while i have a plan for long term survival after a collapse, i would be devastated to see the end of our way of life, knowledge and scientific progress.

All this "end of the world"/Mayan calendar stuff is such a hoot! My brothers travel company was mentioned in the original AP story that was picked up by 20 Google pages worth of media outlets around the world. Their phones are ringing off the hook for bookings on one of the three 2012 Mayan trips (Chichen Itza, Palenque & Guatamala) they are offering.

Anybody wanna go? I can work out a sweet deal. I'm going down on the Palenque trip to help out and film a documentary detailing all the New-Age craziness... what a party it will be!!!!
Go HERE for more information:
2012tours.jpg

For those of you who listen to the Gralien Report Micah Hanks and company are planning on having a rocking doomsday party. My wife and I are planning one as well. Might as well go out having a good time. ;)

A more reasonable take is to see the date as a marker for a general change of "seasons". Maybe there will be a subtle change in consciousness like there was supposed to be for the age of Aquarius. Also, like the change of seasons in nature, the weather doesn't suddenly shift on exactly that date.

Back